 Pressured 

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by iSassBendAndSnapToBreakNoses, Jun 19, 2013.

1. I was actually going to do something more gross, but it's pretty gross 

2. The last update will be maybe tonight?  Wow. This is all ending......

3. ~~~~FINAL UPDATE~~~~

I open my eyes after a deep sleep, but all I see is white.

"She's awake! Oh thank The Lord!" I hear my mother's voice.

"Momma? Where am I? I can't see... I can't..." I start sobbing. I feel the tears fall down my face.

"Darla... You're blinded for life... The glass, it damaged your vision," she responds.

I feel my face; it's fine, but being a little dry. I feel scars on my eyes, probably from stitches and I feel my body. I'm in a hospital gown. My legs are in pain; I have no clue why.

"Momma, why am I in the hospital?" I ask.

"You've been in a coma for an entire year, honey. The doctors thought you weren't gonna wake up. You were still breathing so we didn't lose hope," I feel her small hand stroke my curly hair.

"What happened?" I ask.

"You don't remember?" she says.

"I really don't, I don't, I do-" I say.

I feel my eyes widen as I remember the horrific event.

"Momma, where's Alexis? Is she okay?" I ask.

"Darla... She's..." she paused and gave me a mournful look.

I begin to sob again, "No... No... It's all my fault..."

"Darla, it's not, I promise you," she responds.

"STOP! AHHHH! NO!" I scream and sob.

"The other car killed her... The one that hit her side," she rubs my back gently and wipes my tears away.

"Who was it, momma..." I cry.

My eyes widen for a flashback. Bright lights. Blue. Mustang.

"Which one was it?" I ask.

"It was Zach, honey..." she says slowly.

"HE KILLED HIS OWN GIRLFRIEND," I sob and cover my face with hands.

"I know, honey... I know."

I sit dangling my legs over the floor and try to stand up.

"Darla. No!" my mother says as I fall down on the cold, hard floor.

"What happened to my legs momma! I can't walk! I can't walk..." I cry and wince in pain.

"Another car paralyzed your legs, Darla... The doctor had to cut your calves off and put in metal bars... You're gonna have to learn to walk again, honey," my mother soothes me again.

I cry for a really long time. My mother rubs my back gently and wipes my tears away.

"Everything is my fault. I'm sorry, Momma," I sob.

"Darla, I just want you to be a strong woman. How you acted doesn't matter right now. I just hope you learned from it," I feel her small smile form on her lips.

"Where is Zach, momma?" I ask.

"Jail. He was drunk driving, as you were, but you were the victim. You have other consequences to face," she says.

"What about the person that hurt me?" I ask.

"They were your friends... Nathaniel, I'm pretty sure, and Brandon. They're both dead..." she says slowly.

I begin to sob again. It's too much for me to handle.

"Darla, in about a week, you'll be going to a rehabilitation center in France. I don't think this society is good for you to heal in," my mother says.

"I don't wanna leave! Please!" I scream.

"I want what's best for you," she says coldly.

"No..." I sob.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Present

I hear a round of applause. I take a deep breath; this is the first time I told my story to a crowd of people. They listen well, even though I can't see, I can hear them crying and then laughing at some parts.

I'm in France right now, at the center. It's locked by iron bars and a large gray building from what my mother told me. She visits me several times a year; I love her so much. Danny occasionally visits me too. He's off at the university, but we rekindled our relationship. I don't allow Drew or any of the old crew members to visit. They tried before, but I don't allow it.

I learn that Nathaniel was under the influence of LSD while driving, that's why he hit me. I got used to my new legs. I can walk without a cane for now, but I still carry my walking stick around. I learned to use my ears and nose to get a feel for my surroundings. Most people on the streets keep out of my way, knowing I'm blind and that I have fake legs.

When I go back to the U.S. I visit Alexis's grave and cry there. I miss her a lot. Zach asks me to visit him, but I refuse to. He's in jail for another 5 years for manslaughter. My mother told me that he attempted to commit suicide due to the grief from killing his girlfriend and because I don't want to see him.

I don't know who to blame for anything. It could be anyone. Nathaniel. Brandon. Zach.

But I think it's me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today is group discussion, where we form a large circle and just talk about things that have happened to all of us in the past.

"Hi, I'm Darla Platt," I say.

"Hi, Darla," they all chirp.

"I'm a drug addict and alcoholic," I respond back.

There are usually several murmurs. I'm the only blind one and the only injured one in the rehabilitation center. I can't see what everyone else looks like, but I can feel their presence and smell them.

After group discussion is over, I begin walking to my bedroom, a single cot with a blinking light bulb and a dresser.

"Hi. Darla is it?" I hear a male voice behind me as I slowly walk up the stairs.

"Yes. Hi," I smile.

"Here, let me help you," he holds my arm and walks me up the stairs, "I'm Jesse."

"Thanks for helping me," I turn to walk away.

"Wait! I wanted to tell you that... I came listen to your story that day..." he follows me.

"Oh. I, um, that was my first time saying that speech," I say.

"You've been through a lot... I want you to know that, you didn't have to change yourself because you had no one... but... I'd like to be your friend," Jesse responds.

I smile at him.

A real one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow. It's all over.....

MAYBE I COULD WRITE A SEQUEL.

Tell me if you want one or not .

I want to thank you for reading this little story... I love you all readers. I'll keep you posted if I ever write a small sequel. 

Bye for now. 

4. It's over That's not the kind of Zach action I wanted to see

MAKE A SEQUEL!!! It could be about her time in the rehab center. Oh her life now and the daily challenges she has to face. ANYTHING JUST MAKE A SEQUEL

5. Nooooooooooo. It can't be over. :(
    But, in all truthfulness, I loved this story. You should write a sequel to this.

I mean, you really should. 

6. it was soo good!!

7. Not Alexis! She was so nice!

Excuse me while I go and rock back and forth in the corner and cry over a story.

8. AHHHHH!!!! BUMP!!

o.o did not expect that from zach...

AND WRITE A SEQUEL PWEASE!

9. I started writing the sequel . I'm traveling to California tomorrow, so hopefully I can write several updates of that on the plane ride ?.

*** NOTE: It's probably really really romantic . I honestly have no clue what it'll be about, but wherever it takes us ***

10. YAY! Sequel!!

11. Fan fiction is not allowing me to post my update . I didn't get silenced or anything .

12. Wow, just wow! The story was EPIC!! Especially of you listen to EMINEM's rap in Love The Way You Lie

13. Amazing story pls write a sequel

14. There is already a sequel titled Amended~