Animal Instincts

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by _Tron, Nov 14, 2012.

1. It's a perfect world. Smiling faces plastered on people who don't even know their own name. Joyous laughter from every corner of the city. Parents holding their little ones while taking a walk through the park. It's New York City; the city that never sleeps.

But beneath all of the glistening skyscrapers is a place where no one ever dares to go. Only those who have no home live there. It's a city under a city, sort to speak. But it's worse than the one above. We have our own mayor, government, laws; you name it. We don't venture up into the upper city. They don't want us mutants up there.

That's right, I said mutants. Some prettier than others. There was a giant lab explosion that killed millions. Those that weren't killed were horribly transformed. The gas in the air enhanced our primal self. Turing is into half human, half beasts.

I live in the under city; New City, we call it. I've never been out of the city, even though I'm only eighteen. My friend Crystal, Matt, James, and I wonder what it's like up there. We sometimes listen to Derrick, who's only a year older than us, tell stories. He said when he was little, he used to live up there.

It's against the law to go up there now. Then again, it's illegal to even write. So that's why I'm trusting you with my secrets. The ones that I have found out about New City. And the ones that I'll encounter.

Now it's up to you. Keep reading and waiting for me to tell you what I've found. It put down the book and walk back into your beautiful world. But I must warn you, you may have a couple friends, or know people, that are strange. They act differently, or look different. They may just be a mutant who has escaped.

Just like me.

2. Bumpity bump :3

3. What do you guys think?

4. "You sure about this?" I turned and looked at Matt. He dared down into the alley, his mouth set in a determined line.

"Yeah, it's like taking candy from a baby." I smirked and looked back down. It was a dead end; perfect for an ambush. I saw Crystal run into the alley and stopped at the end. Another figure appeared holding a knife.

"Now?" I asked Matt. He held up his hand and told me to wait. I sighed and watched the scene below. But I had my twin daggers ready just in case.

"Think you could hide?" the figure asked. Crystal looked terrified. She was sweating and her bottom lip was quivering. But it was all an act.

"You should know, I have excellent tracking skills." The guy tossed the knife from hand to hand.

She's going to get herself killed, I thought. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned and saw James. He shook his head and mouthed watch . I listened to him and stayed still. The figure walked closer to her. She backed up against the wall.

Matt looked at me and nodded. I smiled an evil smile and jumped down behind the guy, my daggers poised to strike.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked. The figure turned around, unsurprised by my entrance. He had shaggy black hair and glowing green eyes. He seemed to be about my age. He was taller than me and skinnier too.

"Well, if it isn't the famous Emmalyn." The guys walked towards me. I raised my daggers higher.

"Didn't know I was so popular," I sneered. I slightly nodded to Crystal. She took baby steps to a fire escape and climbed up it silently.

"You and your friends are legends in these parts." Then he lunged at me. It was so sudden that I barley had time to react. I stepped off to the side as his knife went by. He stepped back and smiled.

"Quick, aren't we?" Matt landed silently behind him with James.

"Flattery won't get you any where," I said. He lunged again but this time, I was ready for it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sorry it's so long. I already had it written down somewhere.

5. I'm resetting on Sunday.