A Guide to All BB Codes!

Discussion in 'Guides' started by _MooCow, Oct 11, 2011.

1. I'm just doing it so that I don't have to keep typing one up for them frequently made threads. :lol.

2. :lol: I might do that as well!

3. ?Corrupt a Wish?

This is a forum game which you have to reply to the comment above

This game is quite tricky, but I hope you will understand

The post above you makes a wish. The next post has to add an ironic and funny consequence to that wish, also they must make a wish of their own. For example:
    • Me: I wish I am immortal
    • You: Your wish has been granted, you are immortal in a world by yourself. I wish I was rich.
    Hope I have made sense :)

Please keep wishes and answers within Terms of Use (ToU)

I wish I had a mansion.

4. ?Corrupt a Wish?

This is a forum game which you have to reply to the comment above

This game is quite tricky, but I hope you will understand

The post above you makes a wish. The next post has to add an ironic and funny consequence to that wish, also they must make a wish of their own. For example:
    • Me: I wish I am immortal
    • You: Your wish has been granted, you are immortal in a world by yourself. I wish I was rich.
    Hope I have made sense :)

Please keep wishes and answers within Terms of Use (ToU)

I wish I had a mansion.

5. relationship button
    how to use?????
    just a trial

6. #CC0000 does this really work

7. @_TSUKI_

Change [​IMG] to

This will make the image fit :)

8. ^screw that :lol:

Change IMG to imgfit to make the image fit

9. Jiggy, do the code thing I showed you. If you actually put the bb coding for it, it just turns into a square. :lol:

10. Thanks bb 

11. :lol: Okie Rose

12. counting the kicks [/u]

Counting the kicks is a registered charity, and a method to keeping tabs on your developing baby inside you.

this is long thread packed with information, if you don't like a long read, or are not interested in babies Health in a mothers womb, leave now

The N.I.C.E. Guidelines suggest “Any changes in fetal movements should be reported to a midwife or healthcare professional for further assessment”.

If you notice an increase or decrease in your baby’s regular pattern of movement contact your midwife or antenatal ward.

When should I feel the baby move?

Most women are first aware of their baby’s movements from around 18-20 weeks of pregnancy, however as every baby and pregnancy is different it may be later on for you. Movements can be kicks, swooshes, punches, flips or turns (Hiccups however are NOT classed as movements).

It is important for you to recognise your baby’s movement patterns, you can do this simply by making notes every few days from around 20 weeks. It’s difficult in the early weeks as baby’s movements vary so much, but soon you will notice a pattern and learn what is “normal” for YOUR baby. If you havent felt your baby move by 24 weeks contact your midwife and she can arrange an ultrasound scan to check the baby is well.

What are normal movements for an unborn baby?

There is no set pattern of what is normal for an unborn baby as every baby is different so it is important to get to know their individual pattern. As your baby develops, both the number and type of movements will change with your baby’s activity pattern. Usually, afternoon and evening periods are times of peak activity for your baby. During both day and night, your baby has sleep periods that mostly last between 20 and 40 minutes, and are rarely longer than 90 minutes. Your baby will usually not move during these sleep periods.

The number of movements tends to increase until 32 weeks when they will plateau although the type of movement may change as you near your due date. Movements should not reduce as you near your due date and the baby should continue to move up until and during labour.

How many movements or kicks should I feel?

There is no set number of kicks you should be feeling, what is important is that you know what is normal for your individual baby. If you notice an increase or decrease in your baby’s regular movement pattern contact your midwife. There is a common misconception that you should be feeling 10 kicks over a set period, this is no longer recommended as all babies are different. You can find out more here about the origins of ‘count to ten’ and why it is not used. Baby’s movements can vary from 4 to over 100 every hour so counting to 10 kicks would be irrelevant for most of the population. It is important to know what is normal for your baby and report any change in that.

How can I prompt my baby’s movements?

Recognise what prompts your baby’s movements. Things that may prompt your baby to kick are eating or drinking certain things like cold or hot drinks, fizzy drinks, ice or sugary food like chocolate. The reason is the digestive tract runs past the uterus and so something cold going past can stimulate the baby. However do not consume large quantities of something to prompt your baby to kick as this may give indigestion or gurgles you may mistake for movements and give false reassurance. If your baby doesn’t move when initially prompted, try another method or call your midwife.

Other prompts for your baby may be lying on your left side, changing position or rubbing your belly.

Why are my baby’s movements important?

Reduced fetal movements are a common reason mums go to their GP and antenatal ward. Reduced fetal movement can be a sign that the baby is in distress although this is not the only cause.

Research suggests a perception of reduced fetal movement affects up to 15 per cent of pregnancies, with one study finding that in 55 per cent of cases where reduced fetal movement had been reported a stillbirth occurred.

Following the Confidential Enquiry into Stillbirths and Deaths in Infancy, lack of prompt management has been recognised as a contributing factor for stillbirth. This is why it is so important to seek help whenever you notice a change to your baby’s regular pattern of movement. You can read more here about why it is so important to monitor your baby’s movements

What may cause my baby to move or kick less?

There are many reasons a baby may move less. However because it is not possible to determine on your own what is causing a baby to move less, it is vital to get every episode of reduced fetal movement assessed by a midwife or Doctor.

Certain drugs such as strong pain relief or sedatives can get into an unborn baby’s circulation and can make your baby move less. Alcohol and smoking may also affect your baby’s movements.

In some cases, a baby may move or kick less because he or she is unwell. It is important to seek advice to check this isn’t the case. You can read here about the individual conditions that may cause your baby to move less

What may cause my baby to move more?

You may find your baby has a sudden episode of moving more. Again there are many reasons your baby may suddenly increase their movements

An increased intake of caffeine, cold drinks or certain medication may cause your baby to suddenly increase their movements. They may also have regular periods when they are more active (usually late afternoon/early evening).

If you notice a sudden, unexpected increase in your baby’s movements it can be a sign they are in distress. You can read more here about why your baby may increase their movements.

What should I do if I notice a change in movement?

Always seek professional help immediately. Never go to sleep ignoring a change in movement. Do not use a home doppler to seek reassurance.

HOW TO DONATE

Text KICKS to 70660 to make a one off £3 donation Text costs £3 plus network charge. Count the Kicks receives 100% of your donation. Obtain bill payer’s permission. Customer care 01483212613 Charity No 1145073

or

Text COUNT to 70660 to make monthly £3 donation Join Count the Kicks subscription program for £3 per month. Charity receives 100%. This is a subscription service, it will cost £3 per month until you reply with a “STOP” text. Customer care 01483212613. Charity No 1145073