Forums community

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TheSagittarian, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Oh man that's terrible. We've been back to business as usual for awhile now

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  2. They probably aren't allowed. They'll get kicked out of the discord if they say something in public that doesn't convey the feelings of the hive mind. Their souls are lost, they've drank the koolaid, and joined the cult.

3. I prefer the old layout, I don’t care about going back to “old pimd” or whatever, just the layout itself is too intricate and unneeded when it worked fine before. Community wise there’s some good eggs, bad eggs and just smelly eggs. I just ain’t a fan as much anymore

GodTierOni likes this.
  4. Snowflakes and the fake forum police killed forums .... and these new mods “locking thread” post in the RS thread or CLUB thread etc ... i could make a thread in the club thread section it will show up in active topics and still get locked 🔒

LetsGoBrandon likes this.
  5. I came back for the Halloween hunts, lurked forums, and was surprised to find it so dead. It was doing alright through 2018-mid 2019!

Reluctant to join the Discord server because a) I'm not all that active or engrossed in the game, and b) It seems like it would be more full of drama and "pick me" posts (I could be wrong though, just making a petty assumption).

My opinion, forums slowed down when all that shade junk plagued Line. Everyone seemed to have it out there, and then make group chats to continue conversation. The same goes for the positivity pages. As an example, people used to post cute appreciation threads in forums, but they moved over to the those instead too.

It's a little sad if I'm being honest. Sometimes there were interesting discussions (not always intellectual, but still fun), and the games were entertaining. It was also a bit cute to see everyone lift each other up on the selfie thread. I personally enjoyed Wednesday (changed IGN?) and RoseMilkTea's contribution. Oni (also changed IGN?) was entertaining too.

But eh, 'tis the evolution of PIMD. Maybe I'll join Discord when I'm super super bored. Maybe not. We'll see. 😅🙃💋

TLDR - Hi it's me, back again, here to remind you that he's not worth it. 😘

6. I'll rate the community a 9/10 just cause I'm probably a part of it ✋🌚

7. Nice to see you back Manic! Even if only for a bit 💖

Manic and Alicia like this.
  8. i used to do appreciation posts 🌚still kinda do

Manic likes this.
  9. Missed youuu

Manic likes this.
  10. I honestly have been major absent from the Discord server lately and have been as active in it as I am on forums. My grandfather's health progressively got worse these last few months and he passed away about two weeks ago so I've been e-socially distancing for the most part. I'm tryna get back in the habit of interacting with others but mostly I just keep to myself. Started a new job which takes up a lot of my time too, especially now with holiday season incoming. Yay for retail hell. Luckily I do mostly freight unload atm. Anyway. That's unrelated to forums.

I like a lot of people in forums atm and most I also interact with outside of forums, too. I miss forums being more active but I also think that when forums was more active in the "era" I'm thinking of, it was very drama-filled and toxic and shit. And while that is all good for reading like the daily paper, I do know it made for a very cliqueish and unwelcoming atmosphere.

Although we may still have that, but only because rn there's so few of us that we're so close / friendly that we seem impenetrable.

I enjoy most everyone's company.

I'm waiting for them 10k likes (just a few hundred away) and am working my way to the #1 amount of posts (~14k to go). I don't plan on going anywhere even if my posting may be a tad bit sporadic.

Kefo, RoseMilkTea and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  11. Dat me. Ily

Manic and Alicia like this.
  12. Anyway I definitely want forums to be more active in terms of having a larger group of people posting regularly, but I'm at a loss on how to go about it. Especially since the Discord cropped up. I enjoy the Discord but I definitely recognize it sort of squashed any ideas I had for a revitalization of forums. :( Can we get Julie to farm people til they become forumers? She's pretty good at pissing people off. What should be the chibi:post conversion rate?

13. Oh god, you know what I have been active on though? I'm embarrassed to admit this but I have been so active on Facebook. 🤦‍♀️ I think I've joined so many groups just since March and I've progressively been getting more engrossed. Next thing you know I'll be a sprititual wine mom with an affinity for minion memes that not-so-subtly is trying to get you guys to join my MLM scheme.

14. When you're 21 going on 45 with 3 kids

RoseMilkTea and Muschi like this.
  15. I bought clothes for one of my dogs like a week ago and I dress him up and post pictures on Facebook. 😔

16. Now you need to crop your hair and buy a minivan

Muschi likes this.
  17. Let me go bother people on the LB of that new XC that their dorm rooms don't meet the HOA's regulations

Alicia and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  18. I checked Facebook a few weeks ago and everyone was in an mlm? My conversative uncle was on some bullshit and really the only good think about it is my grandma who posts cute stuff sometimes.

I suppose the marketplace would be useful though!

I just recently watched that doc the social dilemma though 💀

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  19. I'll get on that

Muschi likes this.
  20. can someone bump Fusion--Ha game ): im the last person to post and nobodyfuse with me