EVENT Brisbane There, Done That

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Queens, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Tbh, if I'd be to go to Australia rn I'd rather go help putting out fires and saving koalas than enjoying the beach like some rich hoe... Really bad timing but funny how ATA seems to want us ded 🤣🤣🤣

2. There have been plenty tho js

Twink, Jinger, Joy and 1 other person like this.
  3. If you actually read the post you can see that this was planned before the fire even broke out.

Maleficence, Joy and Muschi like this.
  4. The avi pictured is likely Aboriginal, not black.

WhoTfIsWesday, Joy and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  5. I honestly thought this was to raise awareness about what’s happening in Australia. 💗💗💗

6. Same 🤧♥️

DeLaLuna likes this.
  7. So months ago... You telling me till today they didn't have other hunts pre planned to have switched to?

5HINee and Jinger like this.
  8. Thi
    this is amazing Thankyou so much!😭💕

9. Oy Queens like my post too

10. Not one Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander ata? How can you make an Australian hunt yet neglect to include its traditional owners? We are trying to close the gap, exclusion doesn't help anyone.

11. It most certainly is not.

RidingHood likes this.
  12. The timer box looks cooler than the actual hunt box other than that I have no problem with this hunt

Woes likes this.
  13. 🤔 This hunt seems redundant if you want to raise "awareness" about what's going on in Australia considering how it's actually been going on for MONTHS. If none of the proceeds from this hunt goes to aiding Australia with what's going on over there then I don't get why this hunt's happening now in the first place. Maybe you guys actually forgot that Lunar New Year is coming up in a few days so allow me to remind you that even though your company is located in Vancouver which is literally one of the most diverse city in Canada with a lot of Asian people. If this hunt was planned a long time ago then what about the Lunar New Year hunt? You decided to just scratch it off cus you think releasing an Australian hunt would be more lucrative? And/or cut the hunt in less than half and throw it in as a half-arsed side hunt? Well, good on you, ATA. I'm genuinely disappointed but I sure hope you're at least going to donate some, if not all of the proceeds to Australia instead of taking advantage of something bad that's happening to actual people and living beings.

Prim, NickjustNick, Love and 10 others like this.
  14. Probably they will do Lunar new year something similar to Diwali festival.

Alicia, Maddi_Matsu and Lumenia like this.
  15. I assume they plan these things with a schedule in mind, switching likely isn’t as easy as you think.

Sure the “Vacation” aspect of the hunt sucks rn but at least we can learn a bit about the culture and a dev made a separate thread with links to charities to donate to if one decides to open their heart.

Joy and Lumenia like this.
  16. It’s a wombat, they are holding a wombat 🥴😂

Ass likes this.
  18. So you guys acknowledge the issue happening is Australia, still throw this hunt, but do nothing to help or give this hunts monetary proceeds to the efforts in helping? Lol nice. 👏

Prim, Love, Petrichor and 6 others like this.
  19. That's fine but it seemed as if they didn't even plan for a full Lunar New Year hunt in the first place so were they just hoping for the wildfire to keep going until they could release this hunt? I get that the Indian community is big in the game but Lunar New Year is celebrated by almost all of Asians and not just Chinese, even Koreans, Japanese, Thai and Vietnamese people celebrate it so do they think it's a good time to "show awareness" about a hunt than it happening while dismissing their entire Asian community? We've been having LNY hunts every year, it's almost a tradition on the game now. Can't help but to think they're trying to benefit off something terrible.

20. The vacation aspect of the hunt doesn't just suck, the entire hunt sucks not because it's not cool, I think it's a bomb hunt, but it's honestly not appropriate to release it right now. My point is, the hunt is painfully overdue, they're not doing actual things to help and the hunt is about how "beautiful" Australia is instead of what's happening over there, people who don't read forums wouldn't even know what's going on if they weren't aware of the wildfires and they still won't be.