TIPS for Black Friday

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by Spider-Girl, Nov 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been seeing a lot of questions regarding Black Friday, but no threads helping new players prepare for the extravaganza.

I'm not an expert, but I have been lucky to be present for the 2018 Black Friday and I want to help people understand what to expect.

Text stylized like this may not apply every year. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also, reply with any other information you think will be helpful for our friends (-: thank you!

Time

Looking back at the old posts, the Black Friday event usually lasts roughly 5 days. The first day beginning at 6am PST and the last day ending 12pm PST.

During the 5 days there will still be a POTD changeover at the regularly 12pm PST.

Sometime during the day there will be daily deals which people can purchase with real money.

There will be also an exclusive Black Friday spinner item you can collect during the days.

Perks

Throughout Black Friday days there are sales on store items and a promo for some parties.
    - Cats for 34ec
    - 5x promo on Cat Cafe
    - Care Packages for 39ec
    - sale on VIP package
    - Limited Edition slot boxes
    - Limited Edition Avatar bags

*the Slot Boxes & Avatar bags are not tradable during and/or after Black Friday*

Official Past Threads

Link to 2018 Black Friday Announcement

Link to 2017 Black Friday Announcement

Link to 2016Black Friday Announcement

2. It's 9 days ata fuckd up showed the thingy people did screenshots

Sirrracha likes this.
  3. Spending

How to calculate spending is based on your own resistance. There is nothing wrong with spending and treating yo self.

For in game money (mainly ec) you're looking at mainly spending in the store.

Cats are 34ec each
    To open avatar bags will be 200ec
    Slot boxes vary but can range from 15ec (wallpaper) to 399ec (999 option)

not only are there great deals for Black Friday, you also have to factor in-game spending on amps, keys, box cutters, and any other boosts.

For real life expenses, as stated above there will be deals through the 5 days that may include cats + ec or keys + boosts.

A lot of people spam Buddy Boxes during Black Friday. That could cost someone roughly 100USD or more.

People like to spend real money for VIP package during the Black Friday event. It can either be 19.99USD or a sale price for a little cheaper.

So far this is all I can think of for expenses of Black Friday. Please reply if you have anymore ideas for what people could be spending money on... thanks & have a happy holiday!

4. For real?😳

5. Yup

6. I assume they wont be doing avatar bags anymore since they've implemented shards. Another thing is i don't recall a VIP sale, but that sounds tempting and i love the idea bc im cheap.

an expense you forgot about is monthly subscription cost for the cost/drop bonus

Rizky, Meanie, RainInMe and 5 others like this.
  7. VIP package cannot be on sale because ATA has no control over the costs on their irl $ packages. Apple controls the prices of everything in their app store, and ATA matches the prices Apple decides to the costs on the Play store.

That's why they make EC items half price instead of discounting the actual EC packages. Even the "flash sales," which work like daily sales, are price determined by Apple.

iPanicAtDiscos likes this.
  8. Big fan of this thread and everything on it

9. The biggest thing I might add would be the possibility of another Pass item, both the 1m cash and 99 EC: ATA has been super into those lately and I know myself and many others would pay for those

Muschi likes this.
  10. The real tip would be to not spend on black friday

11. Book early for CC club ? Is it best to drop or IHS?

12. Probably better to drop yourself. Cats are half off anyways. Quite a few clubs I've seen don't even have IHS available for BF (or if they do, there's extremely limited slots).

13. Good luck alot of cat clubs are already full for all of the promo

Muschi likes this.
  14. I can't wait for bf, i'm gonna spend all my money and maybe go broke but tbh I don't give a fork.

15. #1 Tip From Me: Be wise. Spend only what you can. Yeah, it's nice to treat yourself but don't overdo it and regret it later on. Some deals will be better than others, just be patient. Don't impulse buy on certain sales. Have fun, enjoy the promo and have an amazing Black Friday!

GoddessHailey, Meanie and TheCatLady like this.
  16. My tip: For the non rl money spenders (nothing against those who do, I'm just broke). I've been playing since july and now have 11 carepacks, 70 ec's and 157 DN's. So I have a minor advantage, but...

- try and get into at least 1 cc, if you can only get into 1, make sure you as high as stats as possible, use your care pack and unload on party (I'm pretty sure, it works out to 10x normal cash), you can earn a lot of valuable cash for upgrading like this.
    - your black friday furni is worth a lot, even if it is crap. People buy it at higher rates than normal furni, be wise.

- Upgrade as much as you can, as soon as you can. Dont wait. Higher stats = more money especially in cat cafes.

for next year bf 2020 tips:
    - unless you want a specific hunts furni, save the keys pimd occasionally gives out, bf furni tends to be more expensive, even if you dont like the furni, you can sell it for more than it usually goes.

- save care packs and dn's if you can
    - Around Novemeber 1st, try get a couple bentos saved, ready for cat cafe parties.

DISCLAIMER; In no way am I an expert, I've just been playing for 4 years, and have created many an account in my time (I like to restart for some reason lol, my current account is nearly 5 months old, my second longest).

Good luck !

GoddessHailey, Rizky and renamed31381 like this.
  17. My own tip(what I did): buy 1050ecs and VIP lounge.
    1)1050ecs for cats cats and more cats and also the avi boxes🙈
    2)VIP lounge to get money n get good item(hopefully)

18. So are we all going to be 50-200mcs now now more newbs... sad now the new newb will be 50mcs

Rizky, Meanie and Kira_imjustice like this.
  19. 200mcs isn't even possible i don't think. lcbc is around 175mcs. i don't think ata will release new dormies this year, probably next year.

20. I just saw the hunt guesses post and it looks like they may be adding two new dormmates.

Meanie and Maddi_Matsu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.