EVENT Roots & Branches

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by ATAMarceline, Nov 19, 2019.

1. I'm glad to know you think increasing exposure of other cultures is so terrible. They spent a lot of time with this, and their designs were based off of meetings with indigenous consultants.

Nour477, gonegirl8, Syl95 and 6 others like this.
  2. The new hunt is ugly , you can do much better than that!

YouMakeMyAssItch likes this.
  3. Ooo “secret” 🤭 I love secrets so bring em on🌚

4. Y’all: we need more ethic avatars!!!
    Ata: ok we hear u.. how about a mini hunt
    Y’all: oMg u cAnt dO tHaT iTs CuLtuRaL ApPrOpRiAtiOn

5. How is it offensive?

What do you think hunts should be then?

Hag, 3, FinnleyKitty and 1 other person like this.
  6. I think this hunt is a good way to spread awareness about indigenous people. Yes, there might be details that are missing or some aspects that you find untrue, but for those who barely know anything about native people, it’s still a way to at least earn some information about them.

Carrie, Nour477, Intensive and 8 others like this.
  7. Thank you for including Native American culture and showing representation for some of the tribes. A'ho!!✊🏼

Carrie, Nour477, Intensive and 10 others like this.
  8. Ehhhh 🌝

BunnyPirate likes this.
  9. “Top secret reasons”...

Of course... I’m sure we’re all just clueless. For the love of God, ATA, puh-leeze!

10. I think ATA did their due dilligence with this. They consulted Native American artists and did their best to be as culturally appreciative as they could be. They even went and found good organizations to donate to that benefit the youth. Can’t please everybody but cut them a little slack sometimes.

11. i think this is beautifully executed and always love when you guys consult with people from different cultures. Well done 💖

Carrie, Nour477, Intensive and 8 others like this.
  12. I’m deleting this game because ur comment offends me .. il reinstall in less than five minutes.. bye

Nour477, Intensive, 3 and 4 others like this.
  13. just..... No..... They did a really good job making sure to credit and get the information from the source

they even got a Two Spirted Person as well... mentioning indigenous people isn’t offensive 🙄 they’re getting some good representations here, not to mention not side stepping the fact that thanksgiving is not a fun loving holiday for indigenous people... thanksgiving is a settler holiday... and you know what settlers did to our people?

don’t just call touchy subjects offensive for Woke points 🙄

Hag, Lavender_tea, Nour477 and 7 others like this.
  14. For those of you only caring about Black Friday, remember what settlers did to Native Americans was genocide. They still refuse to label it as such in our history books. Even today, Native Americans are many of the most impoverished people in the richest country in the world. Many on reservations do not have access to basic services that the rest of us take for granted like police protection or fire departments. So while we feast on turkey and pie and get ready to gobble up hypnocat money (or work godawful retail hours *cough*), I appreciate that ATA is shedding some light on the plight of native peoples. Let's give thanks to the progress that we have made, but remember there is still a lot of work to be done.

MayaTheHopeful, Hag, Carrie and 17 others like this.
  15. Thank you 🥰

But Cops are no allies to indigenous people, countless Cops have killed indigenous people for holding protests and trying to protect their land, happens in Canada, can’t speak for the States but I imagine it’s similar or the same, and like not to mention all the missing indigenous women all around Canada they don’t give a rats ass about

16. I love the idea of this hunt 🧡

17. is that native american with the two braids inspired by the character from joe dirt?

18. Preach ❤️

Woes likes this.