Dear developers: are bot clubs real?

Discussion in 'Clubs' started by Kefo, Jul 18, 2024.

1. Developers, there is an increasing and concerning trend of Bot Clubs.

Are you aware of this issue?

Is anything being done to either shut them down or combat their spread?

This thread is only addressed to the following
    @ATA Jace
    @ATA-Beans
    @ATA-BlueWind
    @ATA-River
    @ATA-Will
    @ATAClaptrap
    @ATALuce
    @ATAMarcus
    @ATAMaximus
    @ATAScott
    @ATAStephen
    @ATASupreme
    @[ATA]Caster
    @[ATA]Jean
    @[ATA]Jordan
    @[ATA]Mike
    @[ATA]Marceline
    @[ATA]Miles
    @[ATA]Mark
    @[ATA]River
    @[ATA]Honey
    @[ATA]Ashe
    @[ATA]Valor
    @[ATA]BurgerRP
    @[ATA]Temptress
    @[ATA]Ripley
    @[ATA]Queens
    @[ATA]Barton
    @[ATA]Ness
    @[ATA]Corvid
    @[ATA]Reinhardt
    @[ATA]Maeve
    @[ATA]Strange
    @[ATA]Wanda
    @[ATA]Winston
    @pimd
    @pimd_admin

You're all on notice, here.

Who amongst you is responsible for monitoring reports?
    Who amongst you is responsible for reading forums and looking for important issues in a timely manner?
    Who amongst you is responsible for detecting these issues in the first place?
    Who amongst you will be responsible for acknowledging this issue?
    Who amongst you will be responsible for creating a response plan?
    Who amongst you is responsible for coordinating these tasks?

If there hasn't been a proper answer by 2024-07-21, I will contact your CEO about both this unresolved issue and your lack of awareness and community engagement.
    Additionally, I will query your repeated attempts to shut down discourse on the topic.

2. Bro you gonna get yourself banned

3. Previous threads get locked without reply. We are raising legitimate concerns, asking for help and getting silence. We play a game where we spend money and/or time to compete against people who use unfair tactics and automation to devalue our in game currency and engage in prohibited behaviors like selling accounts and misc for real world money. As paying customers, we deserve better. ATA - please address this. Bots are ruining the game.

4. here b4 lock? 😎

Luca likes this.
  5. Nothing in forum rules against tweaking threads to post again so they don't violate rules

6. But for real, I knew something was up from the look of the alt ign.

Honestly, hope they look into this issue.

Appreciate your effort, Kefo.

7. 👍🏻 sick, didn’t know before.

Luca likes this.
  8. 100% agree. Idk why they getting locked tbh but ye

9. I can’t speak for ATA or devs necessarily, but there is a lot going on that players don’t see. This is still a valid concern nonetheless that we have voiced as well.

I don’t disagree with the issue in this thread, but posting duplicate threads is against to FCoC. So even if you’re slightly tweaking them, if it’s clear that you’re posting the same general thread it can be considered spam.

As this thread is, I don’t see a reason for a lock as long as you don’t publicly defame other players or break any other areas of the ToC and FCoC.

Tiramisu likes this.
  10. What FCoC, though?
    The only rules governing forums, now, are under "Terms and Rules" at the bottom. The old code of conduct isn't visible or applicable anymore, right?

You're right about all else.

But while it can be considered spam to post multiple threads... If they're only posted each time one is locked, there's only one active at a time... It would be an uncharitable reading to call it spam.

Victoria likes this.
  11. We still use the same FCoC, it was updated in 2022 I believe. Not sure why the FCoC wasn't pinned in Announcements already, but I pinned it now so players should be able to find it easily. Here is the link to the FCoC, it is currently what moderators use for moderating forums.

This is the exact rule under spam in the FCoC, so many things can fall under "spam", which can be a bit confusing. Even if only one thread is active, a moderator could continue to lock threads if the content you're posting is clearly still the same and breaks the ToC/FCoC or is posted in bulk (Spam).

Victoria likes this.
  12. Thanks for pinning that. I thought it was replaced by the "Terms and Rules" when they updated forums.

Too much happens on here that isn't communicated to us.

How they are handling this crisis definitely requires some transparency. I want the clock to toll for bot runners and to know that something is actually happening.

Kreatur, Day and Victoria like this.
  13. We probably need to start giving the app 1 star ratings again.

Tiramisu likes this.
  14. Tiramisu likes this.
  15. @[ATA]Villanel

16. Bump

Is likes this.
  17. -ᴛhͪeⷦspͥoͥoͤkⷥyͧ_ʟoͫsⷪtⷮɪsⷬlⷨaͣnͨdⷮ-_-
    -Lᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ Pᴇʀᴍs +Admins
    ☆ ┈ ⧾ ┈ ⧾ ┈ ☆⤇ 0ᴋᴄs ✓ ʀᴘ ✗ sғᴡ ⤆

18. Another newbies. 🤔

Not here, post it here. You’ll have much better chance. 🙏