Accused of Stealing

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by renamed34052, Jun 13, 2020.

1. I've been added by someone to ask me to stop stealing someone's work which raised my attention since I recently joined a contest here. It was the Anime Drawing Contest.
    So here's my defense to that since he posted before the contest ended.

• Yes I covered my name which is Claire (You can see the photo he posted there.) because they might mistake me as the Claire ign here on game which is definitely not me. So I wrote my ign 'Aquila' to a small piece of paper. You can see the messy cuts from it and put it above my original name.

• I am not the Tobio guy who posted it on Facebook, in fact, that's the one who stole my artwork.

• I did post it on Facebook, but it's in an art group where Filipino Artists are part of. I posted it together with my other Haikyuu manga inspired artwork. I'll just attach the screenshot.

• Sorry for wasting your time but I just want to clear my name because it doesn't feel right to be accused of stealing my own artwork. I'll be careful on covering my name next time. So yeah. Thank you for reading

[​IMG]

2. Do you have any proof? Or process photos for everyone to see?

I can understand that being possibly accused is upsetting, but I see no proof at the moment.

A simple sketch or unfinished drawing would have worked.

3. If you're uncomfortable with posting valid proof here, publically, in forums, please add me.

I understand this type of frustration and am willing to listen and figure it out.

💚

WhoTfIsWesday, Muschi, Chili and 3 others like this.
  4. Using preexisting work for the contest wasn't allowed anyways. Most people seem to not have bothered to read most of the rules anyways, such as only posting one drawing. It's a cool drawing though, but if it's been posted elsewhere before being out on here then the artwork wasn't created for the contest and doesn't fall within the guidelines. Sorry to be a stickler for the rules.

Volkor, WhoTfIsWesday and Muschi like this.
  5. The timestamp on the post in the FB aligns with the duration of the contest, so she perhaps did create it for the contest but decided to share her work on other platforms as well -- if she is telling the truth. So it wasn't necessarily pre-existing artwork! I trust that @Ulquiorra will figure it out though. :) <3

WhoTfIsWesday and Day like this.
  6. I'm actually very disappointed to find that a lot of good entries were plagiarized.

So, with what I've been told/shown, this player will be disqualified until they contact me.