Mod crates?

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by No, May 27, 2020.

1. I feel like I see mod crates and items in everyone’s (a lot of ppls) showcase...

I know that you can get crates from contests but I feel like I’ve seen so many that I’m convinced there must be some other way or is everyone just friends with the mods 🧐

2. Mod Crates are given away in contests and trivia most often. There’s been wars in the past too! But mods aren’t allowed to just give them to friends 😂

ThePhoenix2HisSloth likes this.
  3. I’ve been waiting for a new contest to be posted for this reason, and I’ve yet to see 🌝

4. Moderators seem to do trivia more than contests, but it’s definitely possible.

Oopsgottablast and Muschi like this.
  5. I've actually seen devs do a few contests / trivia where the reward was a mod crate instead of a dev crate, too, so that could explain the seeming abundancy. And when mods do do contests, the reward(s) usually consist of multiple crates instead of singular ones.

I wouldn't rule out any giveaways to friends though as I'm sure it has happened at some point despite it being against the rules. Even if it's been disguised under a contest or trivia game. However I have no fingers to point; just saying special favors among mods isn't unheard of so it's naïve to claim it hasn't happened when we really don't know for sure.

No likes this.
  6. Tbh if the trivia you’re referring to is done on pub or campus chats, I’ve answered first before and I never got nothin so 🙆🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ Im not doing those LOL

7. I won one too and didn't get the crate. They're not worth the effort.

Also like wtf are they meant to incentivize?

8. I’ve seen cases where there’s issues of how comments appear on walls so maybe that? But of course, human error is always possible.

No, Muschi, Atlas and 1 other person like this.
  9. MOD crates should open automatically after you get them.

10. Why?

No and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  11. I think it’s bull but whatever. I won’t trust a IGN even if it’s green das all I’ll say 🥳

12. Yeah but if you’re gonna post in chat expect answers in chat. It’s kinda obvious whoever saw mine just went to their wall LOL

Day likes this.
  13. Oh did you answer first in chat? 😮 Most trivias that I have seen require wall posts.

Muschi likes this.
  14. They all require wall posts, it’s easier to track a wall post then a chat post

Muschi likes this.
  15. Well it was my first time seeing anything like that happen I didn’t know any better but yeah I was p upset ab it lol

Day likes this.
  16. I think anyone would be 😂🥺 But I suppose it’s a learning experience. Trivia can be pure luck a lot.

No and Muschi like this.