Upcoming Changes + New Chat and Dorm Towers!

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by ATAMarceline, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Not fond of the profile UI change looks aweful and has made club titles pointless when they're fun and quirky

2. I like the upgrade. Keep em coming!!

3. Re: Upcoming Changes New Chat and Dorm Towers!

^ update* bruh

4. Also adding:

and

both are also squished. :|

5. It would really be nice to get notifications of people leaving back in the newsfeed also. My club was full when I went to sleep. Woke up to 2 openings and only had one leaving still showing on cc at the time so there's no way of knowing who the other is that left. Just seems pointless and unnecessary to move them from the newsfeed to cc where it can get spammed away.

6. The new profiles are so much on the eyes even for someone who isn't new... If I was a first time player I'd probably get overwhelmed and uninstall.
    That being said I do like some of the profile stuff, but for any new player its confusing asf.

7. I feel like once the issues with padding are fixed, and the issues Kefo and Kitten brought up, I would like this update. It's just quite buggy and it doesn't seem like it was tested across different devices to check combatibility.

8. This update I'm not quite fond of for reasons Kitten and kefo pretty much covered but fix them and I can learn to live with it.

9. Yes, i don't like it either. Dunno if it's only me but after forfeiting a party and starting another party, I'll get a notification saying that the forfeited party has started like what? Broken notification ?

10. Re: Upcoming Changes New Chat and Dorm Towers!

Super agree - as an admin it’s super inconvenient not to have the leave/join notifs in nf and also click-through going to an empty door rather than their profile. I NEED to check walls for merc passes, drops for activity etc. and am otherwise left scrolling through members to see if they made it in. The showcase is way too tiny as well.

ATA quit ruining my stalking game ?

11. Re: Upcoming Changes New Chat and Dorm Towers!

I’m glad I found out about this ahead of time. I don’t like this, I’m turning off automatic updates.

12. Anyone notice newest update at least for Android if you click on a person for a brief second you will see the outline of the aviator it reminds me of a paper cut out lol

13. The person who gave you the idea of this update needs to get fired.Aside from full-sized avatar, there is nothing really good about it.But as other players have already stated there are a lot of problems and bugs as well.Why can't you make a list of things that people want and make good and useful updates instead of not very important UI changes for people that don't even want that?

14. YEAH it takes a second to fully load haha

15. Ok i have my issues with this update but that is WAY too extreme. There are real life consequences to someone being fired

You also assume that just one person comes up with the idea for an entire interface update which is quite untrue. It's typically a team effort and overall this update is not that bad, just appears to have some things not thought completely through and some bugs & device compatibility issues. Frustrating, especially for a user base, but not something to fire someone over...

You try coding your own application. It's very easy to call for someone's termination. It isn't so easy to be the person working on code that could potentially get fired.

I know youre just frustrated over the update and I am too. But if we are going to give them feedback we need to give realistic, informed feedback or none at all

16. The statement is there to show them how frustated people are hun.Also if there were a grp of people who planned this update they all need to reflect on what's important for the game and how the community feels.

17. lol is that it ? bs tbh guys

18. Dont use patronizing pet names for me. You can tell them you are frustrated without being unrealistic about it. It is important to gage how a community feels but it is MUCH more constructive for the community to say: "This update is frustrating because x, y, and z" than "Someone should be fired over this!" As a coder myself, irrational feedback usually gets clocked in the back of the line because it is not constructive criticism. You can let a coder (or coders) know your feelings without seeming like the angry soccer mom at Wal-mart demanding to speak to the manager.

19. Ohh god plz don't be a social justice warrior / keyboard warrior hybrid right now :/.You think my view is wrong then fine.I have no time to drop paragraphs and justify myself to a couple random people on the internet.

For it's worth

I think The guy responsible for the update should be fired

and don't give coding and seo examples where you don't need them and don't act like a pseudo intellectual.

20. The new menu style- far to condensed. Looks terrible. Jim was correct when he said it looks like a hasbro toy package. It indeed looks like it's an update for children and not the +17 that play. It's also very buggy which I will address later.
    There was nothing wrong with the way it was before.

Popularity- Does it give me a stat bonus? No. Not needed at all, anywhere in the game. Even if it did I'm not going to add random rp creeps to up that bonus.

Viewing all tutors- Good idea but flawed. It does not show a full list of all tutors a person owns. It only shows a max of 20.

New menu with DvP- makes it infuriating. When the hire menu is open, the other person can't buy it. Example. PersonA- buys tutor. PersonB- can't hire because your hire menu is open. PersonA- closes menu, personB hires. PersonA has to then leave the tutors profile so it refreshes and go back to hire because if you try to spam the hire button it errors. Every single time. Hope that you don't hit the cancel error button that repeatedly pops up or you'll accidently drop the tutor.

-Most Important Part-
    New menu with Farming- Makes it incredibly frustrating. The popups take to long to load and clear when farming and often comes up with errors. If anything needed to be changed its the addition of a 'Repeat action' button when attacking. That way one could unload quickly on a target.

If I could uninstall this update I would in a heartbeat. This makes farming ridiculously hard. I personally won't be spending any more money here. There's just no reason too when I can't really do what the game was designed for. I'll be lowering my 5star rating on the app store down to a 2 for the time being.
    I really do hope that you all at Ata take all the comments in this forums seriously and make the appropriate changes to fix these issues.