The Electric Toothbrush

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ToyBot, May 21, 2015.

1. Electric Toothbrush

Some people call it a lazy way to brush your teeth.
    But, is it really lazy or better than the original?

Who created it and why

The first electric toothbrush, the Broxodent, was conceived in Switzerland in 1954 by Dr. Philippe-Guy Woog. The device plugged into a standard wall outlet and ran on line voltage. Electric toothbrushes were initially created for patients with limited motor skills and for orthodontic patients (such as those with braces).

The debate....

Claims have been made that electric toothbrushes are more effective than manual ones as they are less dependent upon a user's personal brushing technique. Independent research finds that most electric toothbrushes are no more effective than manual assuming that people using a manual toothbrush brush effectively. The research concludes that the way brushing is done, including the amount of time spent,is more important than the choice of brush.

The verdict

A 2014 Cochrane review suggested the effectiveness of electric toothbrushes over manual ones: plaque build-up and gingival inflammation was reduced by 11% and 6% respectively after one to three months of use and after three months of use, the reduction observed was greater - 21% reduction in plaque and 11% reduction in gingival inflammation.

so what do u choose?

2. I know they get mistook for marital devices when the r in suitcases at airports

3. Thts just...Smh :|

4. It does watch the tv show airport lol

5. Interesting :D

6. I have one and my mom calls me lazy
    she inspired this by her insults ;(

7. I used to have an electric toothbrush when i was 13 yrs old, it's okay but doesn't really help me clean my teeth but it's fun using it and comes in handy when i feel lazy trolol. Ugh makes me want to buy one again ?

8. Good thread OP :D

9. Haha I like the sound of your mum

10. Ive only owned an E-brush once.... didnt really like it

11. ??electric toothbrush

But for realz, I use both.

12. One on each hand?

13. To be honest I never own a electric toothbrush ?

14. Tyrese_j

74kcs 20b

Selling tuts on your thread lika boss ?

15. Ha well now it's complete

16. #lolLyfe
    Stay happy Santa :)

17. Mostly the electric, but if I'm lazy, the normal one. And I have a retainer to sleep in so I use the manual one to wash it in the morning.

18. So what your saying is that you have sexy teeth?