NEW CONTENT Thanksgiving Large 🗣 Story Post 📖

Discussion in 'Events' started by ATA-Will, Nov 12, 2021.

1. [​IMG]

Welcome to the Extracurricular Story from our event Thanksgiving LARGE!
    If you are curious why this is in a forum post and not in game. Please read about it here.

Part 1 - Alexa comes into the Common Room, looking nervous...

In the Common Room…
    [​IMG]
    (Alexa holds up an elegant printed invitation...)

Alexa:

Ummmm...did you all get one of these?

(You take out your invite.)

YOU:

Yup. "You are cordially invited to a Thanksgiving party..."

(Quinn takes out his invite.)

Quinn:

"...At the Saxe-Coburg Suite of the Hotel Grand Plaza Royale Golden Palms Five Seasons Hilliott, etc. etc. Love, Cordelia..." That's funny, isn't it?

YOU:
    Oh what...you mean the fact that that's the same night as Tess' party?

Quinn:
    Partly that, but also partly that Tess' party is taking place in the Walton Suite...of the Hotel Grand Plaza Royale Golden Palms Five Seasons Hilliott.

Alexa:
    I can't believe Cordi's throwing a Thanksgiving party in the same hotel as Tess is having hers!...Okay, yes I can totally believe that...

YOU:
    To be fair, Tess has been loudly talking up her party to everyone in the dorm for weeks now. I don't think we can say she's blameless here. I dunno...what do you think we should do?

Quinn:
    Are you kidding? We've been invited to not one, but TWO parties at one of the most expensive hotels in the WORLD! I say we go to both!

Alexa:
    ...Huh.

YOU:
    Well, it's a thought...

Part 2 - Quinn and the rest of you arrive at the hotel...

In the lobby of the Five Seasons Hilliott...
    [​IMG]

Quinn:
    Whoooooooooooooooa...

YOU:
    So...classy...Marble...everywhere...

Alexa:
    Look, you two, you can't come in a place like this and rubberneck like a pair of bumpkins, you gotta act like this is stuff you see all the OH MY GOSH IS THAT A BOAT!!?

YOU:
    You know you're in an expensive hotel when there's a miniature lake with a boat in it in the lobby.

Quinn:
    I heard one of the deluxe suites at this hotel costs over FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS a NIGHT!!

Alexa:
    I bet her dad probably owns it, so they probably got a discount...not that they need it.

Quinn:
    Whose dad? Tess' or Cordi's?

Alexa:
    Yes.

YOU:
    Welp...now's our last chance to turn around and go to Will's cozy little Thanksgiving party, with no boats or marble...

Quinn:
    No way...we're GOING IN!

Part 3 - Tess greets you in the Walton Suite…

In the Walton Suite of the Five Seasons Hilliott...
    [​IMG]

Tess:
    DARLINGS, how absolutely MARVELOUS to see you all! Thank you so much for coming!

Quinn:
    We wouldn't miss it for the world!

Tess:
    SO sorry to greet you and run, but I have lot of other guests I have to attend to. I WILL BE BACK though, loves!

YOU:
    No worries, we'll be, uh...around…

(Tess runs off to greet some new guests.)

Quinn:

So...how should we play this? Obviously we shouldn't tell Tess and Cordi that we're going to both their parties.

Alexa:
    Definitely not. I think it'll be fine as long as we don't just start out-and-out comparing the parties to each other in front of our hosts, right?

Quinn:

Right...just to check, though, we are totally going to be comparing the parties to each other...in front of each other, right?

Alexa:

Oh, absolutely.

YOU:
    No question.

Quinn:
    Then it's time to D-D-D-D-D...ooh, sorry, it's a little chilly in here by this giant ice sculpture of a turkey...DUEL!!

Part 4 - Cordelia welcomes you to the Saxe-Coburg Suite...

In the Saxe-Coburg Suite of the Five Seasons Hilliott...
    [​IMG]

Cordelia:
    THERE they are!...But of course you're here at MY party, where else would you be? Hm hm hm...

Alexa:
    Thanks for inviting us!...What smells so good?

Cordelia:
    Other than me? I'd say that's the Thanksgiving dinner we're about to have...most likely the best Thanksgiving dinner you've ever had in your lives!

Quinn:
    Hey, I think I can smell mashed potatoes...and stuffing!...

Cordelia:
    Well, what did you expect, Quinn? We have all the classics! White truffle roasted garlic mashed potatoes, bourbon-infused gravy, saffron and champagne stuffing...oh look, they're bringing out the turkey pot pies now!...

YOU:
    They're the size of manhole covers!

Cordelia:
    ...Of course you don't want to miss the piece de resistance: New England free-range roast turkeys, wrapped in gold foil!...Whoops, looks like the head chef wants something from me. I'll be back soon. Eat! Drink! Make merry!

(Cordelia vanishes into the crowd.)

Alexa:

...Gold...

Quinn:
    ...Wrapped...

YOU:
    ...Turkeys!?

Part 5 - Quinn and the rest of you return to the Walton Suite...

[​IMG]

(Some waiters offer you some tiny appetizers on trays, and you help yourselves.)

Quinn:
    If that's what Cordi's party has to offer for Thanksgiving dinner, I can't WAIT to see what Tess' party's got!...Ooh, appies!

(You taste the appetizers.)

Alexa:

Thank you!...Wh-what is this? Mine's like...some kinda slightly turkey-flavored foam on a cracker...

YOU:
    ...I got a tiiiiiiny little pastry puff that tasted...kinda like turkey...and kinda like salmon…

(Tess finds you.)

Tess:

THERE you are, darlings! You're just in time for dinner! I hope you came hungry for turkey, because we're having it fourteen different ways!

Quinn:
    Oh wow! You mean like...brined, deep-fried, and so on?

Tess:
    Oh, much more exciting than that, darling! Let's see, we have turkey liver pate, turkey and caviar tacos, smoked turkey foam, salmon and turkey mousse on croute...

YOU:
    Uhh...neat! So, what time do we eat?

Tess:
    Oh sweetheart, we've already started! Just grab whatever you like from one of the waiters passing by! Whoops, looks like they need me at the bar, excuse me, darlings. Bon appetit!

(Tess leaves.)

YOU:

Soooooooo...these aren't hors d'oeuvres...these are dinner.

Quinn:
    Cordi: 1, Tess: 0.

Part 6 - Alexa and the rest of you have been going back and forth between Tess and Cordelia's parties for a while now...

[​IMG]

Alexa:
    I'm so stuffed...I'm glad we're doing a lot of walking or I'd have to lie down...

YOU:
    What's the score?

Quinn:
    Cordi has two, for the dinner and that INCREDIBLE dessert (twelve different pies vs. Tess' "pumpkin foam cups"), Tess has one for drinks (expensive champagne and cocktails vs. just whiskey).

Alexa:
    So it's still all to play for! What's the next challenge?

Quinn:
    Hmm...I'm not sure...I think next might be entertainment…

(Tess is by the grand piano, tapping her champagne glass with a spoon.)

Tess:
    Hello, everyone! May I have your attention please? I just wanted you all to know that tonight's entertainment will start in thirty minutes! Now, I don't want to spoil the surprise of who our special guest is, but...it rhymes with "Shady Papa"! Enjoy!

(The three of you look at each other, jaws on the floor.)

YOU:N...NO WAY!!!

Alexa:
    Cordi just has a string quartet!

Quinn:
    Cordi: 2, Tess: 2

Part 7 - Quinn and the rest of you are taking a break on a couch in one of the hallways between the two rooms...

In a hallway at the Five Seasons Hilliott...
    [​IMG]

Quinn:
    What a night...I'm stuffed, I'm full of expensive booze, and I got to see a live performance by legendary pop performer, Brady Dada...and yet...

YOU:
    Yeah...I kinda know what you mean...I kinda feel like it was all still missing something. Where's the coziness? Where's the warmth?

(Suddenly, Tess and Cordelia appear in the hallway.)

Cordelia:
    There they are! Well!? What's the final score?

Quinn:
    Wh-what? Y...you mean, you knew!?

Tess:
    Knew!? Darling, that was the whole POINT of this exercise! We hereby call upon you three judges to declare a Queen of Thanksgiving! Right here! Right now! In this hotel hallway!

Alexa:
    Okay, you want to know what we think? These two Thanksgiving parties were...amazing, but they were missing something. Thanksgiving is about warmth, coziness, family. Your parties had everything but heart.

(Tess and Cordelia look at each other.)

Cordelia:
    Hm. Well...I suppose you may have a point. Maybe.

Tess:
    You know, it's funny...a part of me wishes we'd gone to the little party Will and his housemates were throwing instead of...done all this...

YOU:
    You know...I bet it's still going. If we leave now, we can be there in half an hour!

Cordelia:
    Aw...what the heck. BUT...we're taking MY limo. Let's go!

[​IMG]

#1 ATA-Will, Nov 12, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
    Kukki, Alollofern, Reee and 9 others like this.
  2. The font color for Quinn's name is 😚🤌💖

xXreiaXx likes this.
  3. This is pretty fun

4. I tried reading each piece as I passed each respective checkpoint and actually did so for four stars 🤯

When I read the word “cordially” in the invite and thought of Cordi right away, was that intentional on y’all’s part? Interesting either way.

Of course I read the rest eventually, and I actually didn’t expect the plot twist! I really should have predicted it haha. I’m glad the gang went to support Will at the end.