UPDATE Silencing Policy Updates 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ATA-Will, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Doesn't the kink involve pretending you're a minor / younger though? What kind of defense is that?

2. If you do ageplay, you should spend ages in therapy.

3. Hmm spicy

Intoxication likes this.
  4. Spicy spicy

Intoxication likes this.
  5. Heard you were looking for hot sexy ladies will😏

6. Silence Me

7. Dude unsilence me wtf

8. There's people who have racial stuff on their page for months and still haven't been silenced, but a member got silenced for saying "my pup is racist look at her page."

9. Unfortunately that player did also break the rules. I recommend that next time they contact a moderator or send a help ticket regarding someone being racist rather than making a public accusation. :(

10. Finally I can call my friends out in pub 😭🙏🏼

11. Hehehe congratulations.

Tiffany0630 and ChloroformRag like this.
  12. I suppose shows that use adult actors to portray underage characters are therefore bad then.

If it's just role playing between two consenting adults, then it's just two consenting adults playing pretend. No harm is going out to any minors for a text exchange between two adults about a kink, especially if it doesn't go beyond a block of text.

I understand that the particular kink bothers a lot of people. So does playing with poop and urine for the same purpose. And I do understand stopping predators. I'm not contesting the reasons for a heavy handed policy. I do think that, since a mere distinction makes the difference between a permanent silence and nothing, perhaps add a 90 day silence for the first offense with a reminder to review the silencing policy, second always being a permanent. Players who made an honest mistake aren't totally locked out of chat/gifting but still get a serious wake up punishment. Those who are just burning alts won't wait it out.

13. 1. in my personal opinion, yes, adults shouldnt be playing minors in shows. I always hated when shows expect 25-30 year olds to play highschoolers, its very weird 💀

2. Onto the important point:
    I’ve seen lots of players appeal ddlg/ageplay because they didnt know about the rule and get a second chance. It is expected to read and agree to the rules of the game you play, if you chose to not read them, thats the fault of the player and is not the responsibility of those making/enforcing the rules to give everyone a free pass because they chose not to read the rules. Hope this makes sense!

Side note: whether the kink in nature is supposed to include 2 consenting adults, the reality is it has been used to solicit the minors that fall into this app.

Intoxication and Muschi like this.
  14. You're involving unconsenting people by publicly posting about it online. Yes, it becomes mine and others' business when your kink becomes absolutely unavoidable online for both adults and minors, by it being posted in non-kink-related places.

Also, adults shouldn't be playing minors in TV shows and movies, but at least they aren't doing it for sexual gratification. ✌

Sansa, Phobia and Intoxication like this.
  15. I don't consent to certain forms of sub/Dom, and I'm not the only one. I still have to see it pop up every now and then. Since it's not for everyone, it should probably be added for the same reason you just gave. Anything else that anyone doesn't like/would not consent to should be added in that case, right?

That's the hitch to your logic there.

ATA, last I saw, does not have said terms of service at the start of the tutorial with a check box saying "I accept and agree to these". There's also no pop up at any time going "Please head to the forums to check the rules." ATA can already be doing way better about this. Additionally, the rules indicate a single lack of clarification can and will result in a silence. With the zero tolerance nature, this means that difference decides nothing happening versus an instant permanent silence.

Either way, I don't expect ATA to change things. And I definitely don't expect either of you to agree with me.

16. why did u get silinced for posting a link in the pub, that is furni prices?? I dont really get it because i was silenced for 7 days and now i cannot negotiate and sell my things( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°).

17. Send a help ticket.

Muschi and Intoxication like this.
  18. I think this was intended to be a "gotcha" but I do actually agree that sub/Dom kink should be regulated on this app as well. 🥰

19. Perhaps you should be looking at the type of game you are playing, this app is labelled and executed as a college roleplay simulator, not an app for kinky ageplay that exploits children. I don't doubt that some real-life college students out there do that but it is not supported on this game, if you wish to do that you should do it privately in your own pms and not discuss it in public channels.
    Like Phobia already mentioned, people do get second chances it is not "zero tolerance". Just a reminder to you that any overly explicit request for roleplay whether it be sub/dom or any other form of roleplay.