Rate my room xc need a revamp

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Miracle, Nov 19, 2023.

1. So, im pretty much annoyed that alt rooms (starter rooms with exactly 5 pc of furniture) are actually leading the laderboard... Currently T1, T2, and T4 is an almost empty, quick made room for the purpose of sending assists. The last attempt of spice the rmr up with more assists just triggered more of this. Thats not fair... Not fair to all the players who bought expensive furniture, made effort, and try their best to create. Rmr is now a luck based content where the actual look of your room hardly matter. I sent a ticket and they said, they will share my concern with the team. If anyone feel similar, please share your thoughts with ATA. More and louder people could reach far.

Grubert, Blair, MrNice-Guy and 3 others like this.
  2. The top ones are all brand new accounts from the same club. Very odd.

KinkyGothGirl likes this.
  3. My opinion? Assists should have never been an option to begin with.

On the contrary, makes for a fun game of spot the alts and the main.

4. Omg... Right... How is this even possible? Sus. Like... Someone find a way to cheat?

Sleepy_kitsune, Li and Lite like this.
  5. Look, this happens with raffles just as well. Yes it’s a pain sometimes but it is what it is. It’s nobody’s fault players go out of their way to buy furniture for the rate you dorm xc. I honestly think a lot of players use this to almost show off what they already have.

6. We’ve brought this to the attention of the devs! Hopefully we’ll see some adjustment soon.

KinkyGothGirl, MrNice-Guy and Miracle like this.
  7. There’s many many things wrong with this game but hey we all just carry on that’s life players will always find a way to cheat games for there self gain.

8. I mean thats true, but its dont hurt to point out the problems, right? 😊 Especially if it can be solved with little modifications.

9. Yes that's true but no.

Kefo likes this.
  10. How do you plan on ending cheating on rate my room, currently 5 of the top 6 are from same club, and are not on theme at all

Styx and Pablo-San like this.
  11. Permtasticlub alts have ruined current rate my room by cheating, skipping rooms to vote on the ones they entered, which have nothing to do with theme, and are clones of eachother. Why bother when cheaters will always win

Styx likes this.
  12. If adjustments we're made, they don't work very well. As stated in the comment above, the current XC is subverted as well with off-topic rooms and empty-few-starter-peaces rooms.
    Why not change the rules for design and/or voting? E.g. only allow rooms with non-started furniture to vote (that might keep those rooms out of the equation) and/or give additional points for full designed rooms (i.e. no missing peace of 299, 499, 999 which we see so many times).
    Hopefully l, you can guide this contest into right direction again. Thanks...

KinkyGothGirl and Styx like this.
  13. No adjustments have been made to the xc as of yet but suggestions have been passed on to the devs, but with black Friday and the holidays it’s been a busy time of year for them but hopefully now we can see some changes implemented in the near future ☺️

Pablo-San likes this.
  15. Thank you so much for reply 👍. I'm looking forward for revamped Rate my room XC 😊

16. Wish I could post a pic of current leader, all 3 rooms from same club, #1 is 5 pcs of green starter, this person, from Permtasticlub, obvi has way too much free time on their hands

Styx likes this.
  17. Anything happend here so far?
    I just browsed through the rooms to like them but found multiple rooms with about 5 starter furniture and nothing else.... What's that?
    If players like to vote without designing a complete room... okay. But please show only rooms in the list which are complete...

Grubert likes this.
  18. The issue is with the concept. Rate my room is what you're meant to do when you check out any players room.

It shouldn't be an xc at all.
    As if the stats of furni aren't benefit enough for the junk, they need to be further incentivised with this tacky popularity contest?

Not to mention that Neil and others run actual, properly-judged interior design comps.

Seriously don't see why anyone would care about this. May as well be scrapped. We don't have a "rate my starred" xc...

V_Witchy_101 and Muschi like this.
  19. 1. No that's called checking out someone's room. You kind of said it yourself.

2. Purely your opinion, and gives players something to do with furniture they don't want to have shown in their rooms

3. who? Doesn't seem like something overly advertised and thus is a niche thing for select players who just happen to know about it

4. Many people enjoy the competition, and finding new ways to match different styles to whatever theme is going on, or checking the LB for furniture they didn't know about before. Perhaps you should just ignore it since it's not something you enjoy. Not like its forced on you

20. I don't see what the purpose of your rebuttal is.

1) I did say it myself so what are you countering? What in my statement are you saying "no" to?
    2) I am allowed to express my opinion. The stats on furniture should be enough to encourage people to build their dorms.
    3) Neil the speedy turtle. It's not exactly niche. It normally involves multiple mods as judges, is hosted in forums, and engages like 100+ players. If people want a dorm dressing competition, they should sign up for ones that are well-hosted. Grass-roots-like.
    4)refer to rebuttal 3 + no. I'd like to share my opinion.

Muschi likes this.