NEW FEATURE Renaming: Do It Yourself!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ATAMarceline, May 29, 2019.

1. Ok, PIMD.
    Ever found yourself totally frustrated with the following:

Checking to see whether a player is super inactive so you can cop their dope IGN...?

.... then waiting for an ATA member to see your ticket and help you free this name up...?

...only then to have some nub steal the name from you once ATA frees it up cuz you wuz sleepin'?

...or having ATA tell you "nuh bruh" but you're 100000% sure they're inactive anyway....

...so then you find yourself in this almost-endless process of checking that IGN every day/month/year/spin cycle and messaging ATA all over again..????

Say no more fam, say no more.

From now on, you can now rename yourself without having to write into ATA release inactive player IGNs for you!!

Super important: If the name is available, it will rename you and take 20 ECs as usual :)

TL;DR:
    Free up inactive IGNs/usernames by yourself!
    ATA will no longer be checking to see if usernames can be freed for you ;)

If you want to keep reading:
    This new system uses the exact same conditions that ATA staff uses to check if a name can be released, except, instead of a human dev manually doing it, our code does!

Meaning, if the username comes up as not available, it's not available, and no one else can free it up for you no matter how many times you send a ticket in.

Keep checking back this way to see if the name is finally free!

Yay for autonomy!

Lite, Frieren, Turbo and 2 others like this.
  2. Oof um this will be crazy ?

3. Oh interesting.

4. Woohoo. Finally! Not that I plan on changing... But finally.

Frieren likes this.
  5. I’ll I’m hoping is that if a person is active... it wouldn’t accidentally take the name... like a glitch type thing...

6. so what you're saying is... we still won't be able to get the username?

7. Now only if they would make renaming free??‍♀️

-Mrs_Mis-, Piyu24, BenSolo and 4 others like this.
  8. Is ATA_Pie free?

9. It seems like you can still get the username. But rather than writing in to support the system will be able to check for inactivity first.

Muschi likes this.
  10. I mean cool but Strange still owes me money

11. ATAPie

12. Cool idea! Great way to free up some ticket space so you can help more people out.
    Even if it was, you would get force name changed for impersonating a dev.

13. Another fine example of automation replacing human labor... yay?

14. Did you really papi 

15. LMFAOOOO

16. What factors are used in determining if a name can be "released" or not????

17. 6 months of absolutely no account activity