Muffins

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by Wesday, May 7, 2019.

1. What is your favourite breakfast muffin? Potentially tell me the recipe

2. I don’t know what a breakfast muffin is opposed to a regular muffin but I like chocolate ones.

3. That is not breakfast :c breakfast is supposed to be healthful

4. These delightfully tender, not-too-sweet muffins are a delicious twist on the classic lemon poppy seed combo. Grapefruit works exceptionally well in this context, as the flavor comes through delicately, without any of the citrus fruit’s signature bitterness. And the flavors of both the star ingredients of the grapefruit-Champagne glaze shine through deliciously, truly setting these beauties apart, especially in terms of brunch-worthiness. After you’ve set aside a tablespoon for the muffins, simply use the rest of your bottle of Champagne (or you can also use Prosseco) to whip up a round of mimosas.

Ingredients
    3 cups (about 12 3/4 oz.) all-purpose flour 1 cup granulated sugar 2 tablespoons poppy seeds 1 tablespoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 1 1/3 cups whole-milk yogurt 1/2 cup (4 oz.) unsalted butter, melted and cooled 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon) 2 large eggs 2 tablespoons grapefruit zest, divided, plus 1/4 cup fresh juice, divided (from 1 grapefruit) 1/2 cup powdered sugar 1 tablespoon Champagne
    How to Make It
    Step 1
    Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Whisk together flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl until combined.

Step 2
    Whisk together yogurt, melted butter, lemon juice, eggs, 1 tablespoon of the grapefruit zest, and 3 tablespoons of the grapefruit juice in a separate large bowl until smooth. Fold yogurt mixture into flour mixture until just combined (mixture will be thick). Using a 3 oz. ice cream scoop, scoop about 1/3 cup batter into each muffin cup. Place on middle rack in oven, and bake in preheated oven until muffins rise and begin to brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool completely on a wire rack.

Step 3
    Whisk together powdered sugar, Champagne, and remaining 1 tablespoon each grapefruit zest and grapefruit juice in a small bowl until smooth. When muffins have cooled, drizzle glaze evenly over muffins.

5. ^ o i lub grapefruit. I am going vegan-ify those and try them

6. I don’t really eat muffins that often but I like blueberry muffins. I’ve had lemon poppyseed before and didn’t really like it. I had a butterscotch muffin once, it was okay. I like chocolate muffins too. That’s about it though when it comes to muffins.

7. Blueberry muffins especially back in elementary school. In school a blueberry muffin was the equivalent to ramen in prison.

8. Muffins are gross

9. Blueberry bran muffins are one of my favourites

10. Check yoself before i do

11. Lemon poppyseed is eh. I also donut like that they don’t pass through drug tests (it shows up as opium cuz of the poppy seeds). Butterscotch and chocolate are basically cupcakes imo but yes to blueberry

12. I don't like cupcakes or cake either. :/

13. I like every muffin. Blueberry muffin, banana nut muffin, muffin top- they all good.

14. O i'm with you there tbh. Cake and mini cake is gross

15. One of these is not like the other.

Yes, muffins are great

16. They all feel nice in your hands.

17. Pumpkin, spinach and fetta muffins. Yummmm!!

18. A pumkin muffin sounds good. I have never had a completely savoury muffin so am iffy on the spinach

19. Yuck @ you