"invisible items" archive

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by Kefo, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Hey all, there are some old items on pimd that don't show up in showcases. These are old scavenger items and gifts.

They're getting hard to find, and I think it'd be cool if everyone could post the ss they have of them, hopefully an item description if it can be found, though these are now harder to find since pressing on gifts often automatically sends you to the profile of the person who sent the gift without showing the description.

Muschi likes this.
  2. Do we know why they don't show up in showcases? Is it just an oversight on ATA's part?

Kefo likes this.
  3. Most gifts didn't show up in your showcase back in the day, except rings, studder shades, Charlie the unicorn, frank the tank and the T-Rex. They didn't have stats so there was no reason for them to.

Buwbuw and Muschi like this.
  4. Ohhhhh. That's interesting.

5. Here I thought they just weren't loading

6. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Muschi likes this.
  7. Missing item descriptions for these and the Fourth Scav in the bearded hipster set if anyone can remember what it was. I think it was a scrunched beer can?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Muschi likes this.
  8. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Muschi likes this.
  9. [​IMG]

That's the first of the scavenger items ^

So I'm only missing 2 regular gifts
    [​IMG]

and 3 scavenger item descriptions, but they're really pretty hard to find. In the few hours that I've been looking, I only saw 1 Crushed GBR can, in the recent gifts of "Blessed10x".

The Banjo, GBR can, Flanel, and Jerkey are all parts of an old scavenger hunt, called the "Hipster Scavenger Hunt", and which made an item called the Hipster Missing Link which is visible in the showcases of those who earnt it.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

If any of you can ss their item descriptions, I'll gift you story rewards.

Muschi likes this.
  10. [​IMG]

Muschi likes this.
  11. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks to @Saber04 for these ss, thanks to having an outdated version of the app, he could ss them.

These are 4 items from the hipster scavenger set.

Still missing an ss of the item description of wilted roses if anyone can find an account that have those in recent gifts.

Muschi likes this.
  12. Still missing an ss of the item description of wilted roses if anyone can find an account that have those in recent gifts.

Muschi likes this.
  13. I believe that, yes, it was an oversight.

Sometimes, I think, they even lose the image files. I asked them for one of them for the wilted rose but they said they didn't know how to retrieve it.

They should all be in the code, somewhere, and I think it would be really cool if they could be open-source, somehow. Maybe they could put them all on their website? It would help with producing fan content.

Surely all the items and their descriptions are somewhere, coupled, otherwise they could be wiped somewhere. I hope the archive they're in is uncrackable.

Muschi and Trippybaba like this.