Fix the Rate my dorm XC

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Witchee, Oct 22, 2023.

?

Are you sick of the alt dorms?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    78.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. I don't vote

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. I adore the rate my dorm xc and seeing everyones creativity but find it has one major flaw to it that - all of the alt dorms.

There's so many dorms submitted that are very obviously for someone's alt to max assist their main's dorm. It keeps me from going into the voting section more than once per theme, and I'm sure it's discouraging for many others as well.

I'd like to see ATA fix this somehow. And I'd like to hear yalls thoughts on this and how to fix this. Maybe, just maybe, Ata will hear us too. 🙏

Here's what I suggest:

• I like the assist feature, it encourages me to check on my friends dorm. I don't think we should get rid of it just to discourage alt entries.

• A confirmation checkbox for your dorm to appear in the voting section. If left unchecked it can still be viewed from the friends list until checked.

• A larger minimum of items in dorm to submit an entry. Maybe only dorms with so many furni items can appear in the voting section.

• More / unlimited skip options so we don't have to vote on the dorms that obviously had no effort put into them.

Pablo-San, keyleth, Ande and 6 others like this.
  2. Heavy on the skip option being revamped 🙏🏼

keyleth, Muschi and Witchee like this.
  3. Maybe also make it so you can assist entries without being required to submit an entry yourself.

4. I like this idea ! It would let friends help friends too without needing to commit.

Muschi likes this.
  5. As a suggestion, could we maybe add an ign search option in the assist section?
    It might be more of a me problem, but I have too many people added so I can’t really assist peeps (I’ve tried unadding but I’m told I have 3k people so 🥹)

6. Yeah, I don't want to add an entry that doesn't match the theme but I'd love to pass on assists to my friends.

Chica and Witchee like this.
  7. Yup, major reason why I don’t vote is coz of the amount of alt dorms.
    Like I don’t wanna vote between which empty ass alt dorm is better 😂😂

Li and Witchee like this.
  8. Yesss exactly 😩 Let me vote for the dorms people actually put effort into.

With all the new puzzle box furni even the new players have a good chance at making cute dorms, but the alt dorms are so terrible.

Lite likes this.
  9. True!! Alts can still make their dorms look cute 🤣

10. They don’t even have to try an ALT is ranked 2 with 3 pieces of furni in there dorm…this is ridiculous 🙄 and takes the fun out of it.

Li and Witchee like this.
  11. Tbh from day 1 of its existence i knew it would go this way. And its a popularity contest. Has nothing to do with being on theme. People will vote for who they like best

Muschi likes this.
  12. It's no longer just a popularity contest. Now it's also for people running multiple alts to push themselves ahead. Giving 50 free likes to 'friends' is an AWFUL feature. Even if I had 5 friends on here, what makes the Dev things that they'll give the free votes to ME out of everyone else, assuming they even participate in the xc. I'm not even bothering to participate any longer because it's completely broken now.

Li likes this.
  13. I occasionally do it for a free pig and thats it. Its always been pointless to actul try get anywhere on it

14. I found the answer:

ATA revamp the sections of rate my dorm. Give us a "like/dislike" button for random generated dorms and our friends dorms and put this into its own section.

Then make a seperate section for voting on dorms. Make the dorms that appear in this section have to be from our liked, with a minimum of liking x amount of dorms (100 a good number maybe). You could even pair up the disliked dorms for us to vote on which we dislike the least, as this would at least put comparable matches together. Allowing our friends dorms do appear in the voting section would eliminate the need for the assist button, with the ability to vote on a singular dorm up to 5 times maximum.

These extra steps would definitely dissuade a lot of people from doing all that from an alt with no effort in creating a dorm to be rated, and allow us as players to vote on dorms we enjoy comparing.

Remove the "skip vote" option entirely and make it loop so we need to "like/dislike" so many before we can even vote for points, use all our vote points, and have to "like/dislike" again