Cosplay Contest

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Delight, Jun 29, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Hey, you! Yes, you! Are you a nerd? Or perhaps you just love dressing up? Well aren’t you in luck, because I’m here to present you with your pass to check out PIMD-Con! 😉

[​IMG]
    Cosplay any character of your choice! It can be from a movie, show, book, game, etc. As long as it’s a fictional character. Judging will be based on how well the cosplay matches the character and how much effort is put into the cosplay. Just remember that you only get one entry— so pick your character wisely!

For further rules and details, please check out the official PIMD Discord Server under the “Cosplay-Contest-2024” channel

PLEASE NOTE: THIS CONTEST IS BEING HOSTED ON THE PIMD DISCORD. YOUR SUBMISSION MUST BE UPLOADED THERE TO COUNT. DO NOT SUBMIT ANY ENTRIES ON THIS FORUM POST AS THEY WILL NOT COUNT AS A ENTRY.

[​IMG]
    Who doesn’t love taking home some good souvenirs? 😉

1st Place: 5 Mod Crate
    2nd Place: 3 Mod Crates
    3rd Place: 2 Mod Crates
    Mod Favorites: 1 Mod Crate

Judges:

AND we have special guest judges: YOU! That’s right, you guys get to vote for your favorites as well! Your votes WILL count! More details in the PIMD Disc Server.

CONTEST GOES LIVE JULY 1ST @ CHANGEOVER AND ENDS AUGUST 1st @ CHANGEOVER.

Again, DO NOT submit entries on this forum post. Entries MUST be submitted through the PIMD Disc Server in the “Cosplay-Contest-2024” to count.

Please contact @Delight or @Azari if you have questions or concerns.

We look forward to seeing all entries. Best of luck! 👩‍🎤

#1 Delight, Jun 29, 2024
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2024
    -NA2-, Dianyx, Tyra and 7 others like this.
  2. Cant wait to see all these cosplays!!!

3. Super excited! Good luck everyone 💚

EmeraldBeauty and Azari like this.
  4. Can’t wait to see the entries you all come up with 😍

Azari likes this.
  5. Can't wait to see everyone's creativity!!! 🩴💥

Azari likes this.
  6. Good luck to all the entries 💜💚

EmeraldBeauty and Azari like this.
  7. Just to clarify, you can upload pictures of your cosplay here as well if you’d like to give a chance for others who may not want to join the pimd discord to still get to see your entry.

HOWEVER, you’ll need to also upload it to the PIMD disc for the entry to ACTUALLY count towards the contest. If you choose to upload it here on this forum as well as Discord, likes on your post here will NOT count towards your overall votes for fan favorite. Only votes through the PIMD discord will count.

In simpler words,
    Uploading on the PIMD Disc: A Requirement and is where ALL voting will be done.
    Uploading on the PIMD Forum: Optional, likes on your post will NOT count towards final voting.

So I strongly encourage spectators to join the PIMD discord to at least vote for your favorites if you happen to see an entry posted here that you like! Your vote will make an impact!

If you still have questions and are confused, please reach out to me or Azari!

MayaTheHopeful, Azari and Yaya like this.
  8. Oh my gosh this looks like so much fun!

Yaya, Azari, Delight and 1 other person like this.
  9. *the mandalorian theme intensifies *
    Gonna have to suit up and retake a pic with my ign this weekend 😎

Yaya, Azari and Delight like this.
  10. I always wanted a cosplay contest but as a pimd avi, but with lot of these avis are almost naked, it is probably not a good idea 😬

Bimb0, Azari, Victoria and 1 other person like this.
  11. Technically PIMD Avis are fictional characters so you still could but yes you’d have to pick one with more clothing 😅

Bimb0 and lustylegend like this.
  12. Question. I’ve been looking through everything but I don’t see anything that quite fits what I do. So I’m just asking, A, do you guys classify “a tree in x-season” as a cosplay, and B, what would my reference photo be? I do a lot of nature “cosplay” and have a 4 part series I’m doing called “the four seasons” that are just fall, summer, winter and spring outfits. Made out of leaves. My outfit for summer is now in the forrest behind my house growing some heirloom mushrooms and flowers for October when I need to wear it again, so I won’t be able to do that, but I was thinking I could do my fall one, which I call “Sherwood forrest, but in autumn.” which is more of an inside joke with some guys that do a reenactment of Robin Hood and I made the joke “I could be Sherwood forrest if you ever forget to bring your props.” I mean you’re more than welcome to look up my insta and tik tok pages @lindaleawen, to see what I mean by all this. But like I said, idk how I would post all this with the requirements, persay…..

13. While I love the artistic nature you’re describing here this is a Cosplay contest. We did specify fictional characters for that reason. They can be from games, books, tv shows, movies, comics etc. but they do have to be characters that we can judge the cosplay one 😅

14. So legally, if I provide a picture of say, one of the Mallorn, the golden trees that grow in Lothlorien, and say that I am cosplaying as the great tree of the Elves….. yes? I can provide quotes and references to them as well and their entire backstory. If there’s one thing Tolkien wrote, it was trees, and if there’s one thing I know, it’s excessive Tolkien knowledge. Hence, “Illuvatar.”

15. Again while I love the artistic nature you are describing the answer is no. If you’d like to cosplay an actual character from Tolkien you could but no you cannot dress as a tree, a leaves, or any foliage, you also cannot cosplay as seasons for this contest. The artistry of what you do would be great for a different contest but not this one.

16. So you have to change the whole look of the avatar? Like design clothes for them to fit your cosplay theme?

17. Never mind looked at the discord channel I get it now

Azari likes this.
  18. It'd be better to have a PIMD Avatar con where you dress up as your avatar. No other characters(movies, comkcs, etc) allowed.

19. i do wanted to vote 🥰👍🏻

Azari likes this.
  20. Perhaps if this does well we will do that in the future :)

Nyctophilia likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.