Captains Guide-To PIMD Gaming 

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Leonardo-Da-Vinci, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Finally, you've all been waiting so long for this.

Today, I should cover all of the subjects being; slang, tutors, wars, strength and intelligence, and other nessicary information you will need to know before hopping into the drivers seat, and slamming on your gas pedal on your way to PIMD.

"Hooked on Ebonix"
    There is alot of slang in this game that should definately be covered:
    P-War: A plunder war
    Farming: Attacking someone repeatitively over a certain time period (usually five times every twenty-four hours)
    Stripping: Hiring someones tutors and farming them.. (See Tutor section)
    ODF: Open Dance Farm-For people with low strength and go for more intelligence, hitting this guy with your intelligence is a smart idea.
    OFF: Open Fight Farm-For people with low intelligence, hitting this guy using your strength is a smart idea.
    PIMD: Party In My Dorm (misleading)
    And the other common slang words such as; lol, rofl, haha.. They are commonly used also..
    Volley: The act of two or more people hiring the same person so their value goes up, and along with their value going up, one person doing the hiring will get a hefty cash bonus, and the other will have to keep them.. And the person being hired will get a certain amount of money per hire.. So everyone benefits!
    Pinned: Attacking someone to the point where they can barely move..Attack someone so much that their own energy drops.
    RA: Resident Advisor

"Teach Me How To Dougie"
    The tutor process in this game is quite complicated, at best.
    The minimum tutor cost to hire someone is 1,000 dollars.
    What happens when you hire that person, is they give you a stat bonus, including; strength, intelligence, and extra money.
    The more tutors you have, and the better their stats are when you buy them, the higher your bonus will be.
    When you hire a tutor, they are real people you are hiring, so when you hire them, their 'Value' goes up. Which is how much they are worth in order for them to be your tutor. They may be hired away from you, because that tutor can only tutor one person at a time.
    If someone is hired away from you, you will earn a small profit, and it gives you a notification when this does happen in your 'News' section, on the top right.
    You may drop your tutor at any time, but you will not be refunded the full amount you had paid for them.
    When you drop a tutor, their value goes down.

"This..Is..SPARTA"
    Wars in this game are common, and you will probably have to go through one at least once.
    In order to participate in a war you will have to be in a club (see club section.)
    You are not forced to participate in a war.. Here are a few ways how you can, saying your in a club that has initiated an approved war.
    To be active:
    1) attack the opposing clubs members, as long as they are active.
    2) draft in, by going to your clubs war roster and selecting 'Join the war.'
    If a member from the opposing club attacks you, you do not have to worry, you arent active.
    To figure out who is on the opposing war roster, you will have click on your club, click the red bar at the top saying 'War begins--War Stops,' and go to their war roster.
    Here you will see your opposing clubs roster, from strongest (highest) to weakest (lowest)
    In order to win a war, your club most accumulate a higher war tax than the other.
    You earn war tax by attacking rival members and a percentage of your winnings goes to the war tax.
    If you win, the money is distributed between the active members..
    The only way to win money out of a war is being an active members on the winning clubs war roster.

"Macho-Man and Brain-Boy"
    Strength-Used for fights and jobs primarily.. So that means you will use more strength than intelligence doing those things, but intelligence will still be used.
    Intelligence-Used for pranks, dance-offs, and eavesdropping.. So that means you will use more intelligence than strength, but your strength will still be used.
    These stats do regenerate over time.
    A full hour is required for a full regeneration. Your attacks will do the most damage then.
    Pranks: used to lower your enemies stats dramatically, at the cost of your own.
    Eavesdrop: find out the percentage win rate.. Basically your chance of being that target.
    Fight: Strength-based.
    Dance-Off: Intelligence-Based

"Wanna Go Clubbin'?"
    Clubs in this game are very unique, from warring clubs to role-play clubs.
    You can join a club by searching their exact name in the search bar, or create your own, using extra credits or money earned in-game!
    In a club you have your own personal chat, and have the option to be an alliance with other clubs or go to war with other clubs.
    There are leadership roles involved with clubs, consisting of owner and admin.
    The admin assist the owners in the club, and are able to accept members, accept a war, or challenge another club to a war.
    Titles can also be given out, and are viewable on the players profile.

"Campus Police"
    RA's in this game are basically the developers assistants in making the game better for the community.. A full list of their names are;
    Rusty
    TheProf
    J3lackJ3ird
    SwordOfJustice
    They are here to enforce the rules shown in the 'ToS and Rules' in the help tab.

"Wanna join my crew?"
    Building your crew is a definate need in this game.
    The purposes are to increase your stats.
    Some crew members will focus more on strength, and less on intelligence, and vice-versa.
    This allows you to shape your crew anyway you want.
    And currently their are two tiers.. A 1,000 dollar one, and a 225,000 dollar one.
    They all have differentnstats, and their are many different charactors to choose from, but they all offer something different.
    The charactors are fully upgradable.. (Freshman to Seniors) and as you upgrade them, their stats become better, and so will yours.. As you upgrade though, the cost will become alot more pricy, but is well worth it.
    The cost of dorms will also dramatically improve over time, causing you to play the game more often if you wish to upgrade faster.

"Speak Up!"
    Speaker Token-they are given out each day in quantities of five, up to a maximum of twenty-five.
    They are used for chatting in Campus Chat. Or posting a notice in Campus chat.
    Extra credits-They used for; recharging your stats, Trading for money, a name change, starting a new club, trade for Speaker Tokens.
    (Extra Credits are availiable IAP [in-app purchases]) and are paid with real money.

If anybody has any questions or recommendations, please comment me via my wall, or respond in this thread, but stay on focus with the thread, please and thank you.

Have a good time in PIMD, keep the chats friendly, and play by the rules.

2. Thanks for was really thorough and explained a lot of things I didn't understand :)

3. dang ... this could be a book

4. In my guides I like to use colour and emoji, looks a bit plain but nethertheless a good guide.

5. I could add only a thing: For the extra credits, sometimes when you finish a job, you can randomly get an extra credit.

6. those r rare but handy

7. I'm pretty sure ODF and OFF are supposed to be the opposite... Otherwise, nice guide (for what I read)

8. Awesome :D
    I woulda gotten bored halfway through and ditched it completely.
    Good job cap'n...
    This.... Is..... SPAARRRTTAAAAA

9. Awesome Job :) Will sticky asap

10. Thanks for the positive feedback..

I will make another in the upcoming weeks, and will try to fit in all suggestions, along with new ones.

11. Also a thing I have noticed is the lowest amour of money I've paid for a tutor is 800 but good guide none the less 

12. Cheap-o. The starting amount is 1,000 dollars. You will start there, I should have included that, ButnI have mentioned the fact that when you are hired, your value goes up, and if someone DROPS you, then your base value will be even lower than before you were hired that time.

13. I like this, its good:)

14. Thanks! Pretty good Guide :D It'd be great if you can actually post the stats of each building :)

15. Nice! Like mine?

16. intresting guide, problem is, without a comp version, you can'y edit it. Cursed soul is moderator as well making it already out of date

17. Thanks! This helped so much! 

18. That's A great guide Captain but u got things wrong, OFF (Open Fight Farm) is where you can DANCE the player easily, as ODF is where you can Fight the person easily. 

It's like KaW, (OSF - Open Spy Farm) Where you can attack easily, and
    (OAF - Open Attack Farm) Where you can steal using spies easily.

-Andy