Another Song Thread

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by TheStigma, Apr 25, 2019.

1. So I’ve seen song threads before but it’s been a little while since i’ve seen one so I’m doing another one... Here’s some good songs that I would strongly recommend ?

With Confidence - Long Night

This song is purely just vocals and piano. If you need a good sad song to listen to or something calming, this is a good one for that.

Oasis - Champagne Supernova

I would hope that people already know this song or have at least heard of it, but I’m adding anyway because it’s a good song. Super long too...

Memphis May Fire - The Old Me

This song is a little heavier. Lots of electric guitars and drums, I’d say this song falls under the “post-hardcore” genre. If you need a good slightly heavy song or “angry” song as some might say, this is a good one. (There’s only like 3 words that are screamed, so don’t worry, it’s not screamo)

Stand Atlantic - Toothpick

This song is really sad. It’s only vocals and one electric guitar. It has some deep and sad lyrics like “I wish i was just as strong as I make myself out to be.” If you need a good alternative / pop-punk song that’s sang by a female vocalist, this is the one for that.

As It Is - Still Remembering

This is possibly one of my top favorite songs right now. Another slower, slightly sad song. It starts with an acoustic guitar and adds some drums and more guitar parts as you progress. I strongly, strongly recommend this one. It’s a hidden gem that’s super underrated, and deserves way more recognition.

Feel free to add any songs w/ descriptions or general genres for anyone else :)

2. Will give them a listen. ?

3. I've been rly into 'Scott Bradley's Postmodern Jukebox' lately. It's a bunch of really talented jazz singers and musicians that do amazing retro covers of pop songs. I don’t even like pop but they make some of the songs sound so lovely. One of my favourites is their cover of We Found Love (originally by Rihanna)

4. I’ve been vibing with the song Hello, Anxiety by Phum Viphurit (His song Lover Boy is p good too).

I don’t normally listen to Billie Eilish but her latest album is really good and kind of a mood rn.

Any of Omar Apollo’s songs are good and are perfect for rainy days.

Come Over by The Internet is a really good song and I love the music video. (La Dee Da is another good song by them)

If you wanna support a Latin artist I recommend Kali Uchis, she has a beautiful singing voice and I love her latest album.

That’s all I can think of off the top of my head rn. Might have more later.

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  5. Here's mine:

*Lana Del Rey- West Coast
    *Puma Blue- Moon Undah Water
    *Death Cab For Cutie- I Will Follow You Into the Dark
    *All Time Low- Afterglow
    *Arctic Monkeys- Do I Wanna Know?

6. i looooove afterglow 

7. Champagne Supernova is also my fave :)

8. Kali uchis is a doll

9. Ikr? I love her!

10. bumping cause i need more songs ?

also adding-

Carousel Kings - Lock Meowt

I honestly got an ad for the music video to this and there were cats... so I got excited when i saw them and I was like “ooh, this song is actually pretty cool. I’m gonna check it out” so long story short that was the only time a Youtube ad was actually good and i didn’t want to skip it 

11. Two door cinema club makes so pretty good music

I like listening to disclosure, their album Caracal is really good

Twenty One Pilots’ Trench album is a 9/10 for me

Rex Orange County has some great songs too.

Hit me up if you want more recommendations, I listen to a lot of different stuff.

12. What You Know will forever be my favorite Two Door Cinema Club song ever tbh.

13. That is really good one but I personally like Undercover Martyn, it’s the first song I ever heard by them so it has a special place in my heart.

14. I lub Regina Spektor. You probs already listen to her tho. If not, her song Folding Chair is nice. As are all her songs.

15. YAsss but among her songs, my favorites are Samson and The Call ?

16. These are my most played songs for the time being:

Cain – EXES
    Maybe You’re The Reason – The Japanese House
    Madeleine – New Politics
    Loving Is Easy – Red Orange County
    2/14– The Band Camino
    Okay – Lany
    Sweet Jane – Garrett Kato
    Nothing is U – Bleachers

17. Music is Haram. Nty

18. Jessie Reyez give me life . Her song with with Eminem good guy was amazing and her new album that just dropped no words can be found .

19. Anything by Brent Faiyez and Faith Evans - You used to love me

20. I’m really into the band Now, Now lately. Really love their latest album and I really dig their new song Enda. It’s more electronic and less indie rock than their old sound but I actually love it bc it’s so beautifully dark lol

I also recommend Mitski (I really love First Love / Late Spring

Hag and WhoTfIsWesday like this.