A Realization

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by renamed45954, Jun 15, 2024.

1. I have realized that, as much as I try to lie to myself, I am incredibly lonely. As I cannot find someone to love me in real life, I play this game because it provides an illusion of community, friendship, and at times affection. I wonder if this is why other people who will say they hate this game keep on playing/coming back after quitting. Thoughts?

EmpressEva and Is like this.
  2. A friend of mine stated recently he fully planned on quitting after bf last year. He decided to stay for the social aspect as well. He doesn’t look for a relationship here, just the friendships and connections. He is an introvert, as am I. It’s a little harder for him to approach someone in public than it is on the game. 🩷

3. Damn bro this is so sad

It made me cry

But real men don't cry so I uncried and made the tears roll back up into my eyes

Real stuff, talking to people on here, that's not uncommon so you're not alone

But I feel things like that are a symptoms of our society.

Generations growing up on the internet

Our society inforcing hyper individualism and competition from a young age - instead of connecting.

Covid isolating people more

Loss of third places, commutes communities being created

Etc etc so people are gonna keep getting lonely

Dw when I'm not lazy ill create a thread on how you can connect, make more friends and win da girl of yo dreams

EmpressEva likes this.