Spending Priorities Guide: PIMD (alpha)

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Kefo, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Hey farmers, this guide will be split into 2 parts, a part for beginners, and a part for more established players (~5mcs+). Any suggestions for things to add or change, just comment below, or express Support if you found this guide helpful, and ask any questions in the comments, Thanks!

I’ll use some symbol notation throughout the guide, so give this key a quick read:

(1)-Always buy these if you can afford to
    (2)-Buy these if you have already bought as much of (1) as you can
    Unlisted things - Are not so bad, definitely not necessary, but if you have maxed out on (1), and (2), you should check these out.
    (x)-These should be avoided until you’re a more advanced player and can make a well-grounded decision about these for yourself.
    (a,b,c,d,…) Subscript to show slight priority differences in each class

For Beginners: (0cs-~5mcs)

In Party in my Dorm there are 2 main currencies: PIMD cash and extra credits, and everything in the game that you need starting out can be earnt with those.

You will also begin earning spinner tokens and I’d like to make a
    MAJOR DISCLAIMER: Save your spin tokens for later. Even if you have hundreds or thousands. You will reap the rewards for your patience, and it will drastically improve your metagame if you have patience.

PIMD cash

Cash can be earnt from jobs, PvP, parties, the spinner, and direct purchase.
    Starting out, your best sources will be jobs, PvP, and parties.

Dorms (1a)

These are the main leveling system in the game. Putting people (crew) into your dorm will make you stronger overall and increase your chances of completing jobs, chances of winning a battle against other players, and plunder from hitting players/parties.

A guide to the dorms and crew of pimd can be found here

LITE Boxes (1b)

LITE boxes help you to complete stories by providing you with some ‘drops’. When you open enough boxes and get enough drops to complete a story, you will often receive PIMDbanks which provide large cash bonuses and drastically accelerate your leveling process in the early stages of the game.
    LITE Boxes are very easy to earn and are cheap to open.

You can earn up to 2 per day by completing parties, and they only cost 1000 PIMD cash to open, which can be easily earnt by hitting the first job once.
    NOTE: These cannot be gifted. They can only be earnt by completing parties (up to 2 daily)
    NOTE: The hunt drops earnt from these boxes cannot be gifted either.

Tutors – Tutors provide you with Tutor Bonus and Max Plunder, and each is earnt differently.

Max Plunder (1c)

By investing a total of 15m for every ‘kcs’ you have on your base stats, in tutors you will earn 2 to 3 times the amount of plunder you made without any. This is the Maximum plunder bonus achievable by hiring tutors, however your plunder increases even if you only spend 1m, and it gradually increases, so you could invest half of the requirement for ‘Max Plunder’ and still get a plunder bonus.

Picture of your base stats

Tutor Bonus (2),

on the other hand, doesn’t influence your plunder, only your combat power in PvP. It is unlimited and behaves, in a way, as a secondary source of power to your character (behind crew). Tutors are relatively cheap and can drastically increase your effectiveness in PvP. Having money invested in tutors will also keep your money safe as you save up for your next dorm mate, and it can also make your richer faster if people hire your tutors because when someone hires your tutor, you get the money you invest back with an extra 1/60th as interest.

Extra Credits/ECS

Extra Credits can be earnt from jobs as a rare drop, from the spinner, and from random hand-outs from the developers
    NOTE: EC items only accelerate the process of upgrading, and are not necessary for any activities in the base game.

Hypnocats (2a) -69ecs-

In the Early Game, hypnocats provide you with a big bonus. You can sell them for about 200b ‘dvp’ each. Dvp stands for drop volley profit and is a way that players can inefficiently give money to other players. 200b buys you 2.5 t7 dorm mates, which each give you 200kcs of base stats. So 2 hypnocats can increase your stats by 500kcs. Starting out, selling hypnocats for dvp is the most efficient way of leveling up.

Doctor’s Notes (2b) -10ecs-

Doctor’s notes can help you sf an opponent to significantly weaken them, and they can also help you make the most out of promos, in which the benefit they usually give can be quintupled. This is an all-around useful item that is seen as indispensable during promos and in PvP. However, they are relatively expensive and should be used to maximum effect.

(x) Furniture Keys

Furniture keys are not an efficient way to spend ECS. They will help you earn furniture slightly faster, but you get furniture from LITE boxes, for much less.

(x) PIMKeys

PIMkeys are also a very inefficient way to spend ECS. They will help you earn hunt drops, furniture, and PIMD banks faster. However, again, LITE boxes supply everything this does, but in lesser amounts, and if you are really trying to boost your hunt drops, spending ECS on cats and DNS is much more efficient.

(x) Furniture

Buying furniture directly from the store is just a bad idea because, as I said before, LITE boxes drop random furniture. However, purchasing from the store is a way of collecting specific pieces without taking any risks. This is a desirable luxury for some, but not very beneficial for anyone else.

(x) Avatars

Hunts, LITE boxes, and the spinner can give you avatars stronger than those buyable in store. Purchasing avatars directly from the store is useless.

For Established profiles (~5mcs+)

Here I would like to introduce two more pseudo-currencies that matter; Spin Tokens, and Real Cash.

Also DISCLAIMER TO ANYONE WHO SAVED THEIR SPINS TO THIS STAGE:
    Now would be a good time to use them, though saving them for longer will make them even more beneficial. You will get more cash per spin, and more items to use for DVP now that the upgrading process has slowed down. I suggest spinning at the beginning of the month, when new spinner items are still fresh, and they sell for as much as possible. They’ll depreciate in value as time progresses and they become more common.

PIMDCash

LITE Boxes (1a)

Same as in the first half. Always focus on opening LITE boxes. You only need to hit 1 eavesdrop action on 2 successful parties per day to earn this. So even if you’re farming 24/7, and have snubbed parties, this won’t cost much and is deeply beneficial.

Dorms and Crew(1b)

Improving your build and your plunder is always good. Keep at it. This is still the cheapest and most efficient way to increase your Combat Power.

Tutors (1c)

At this stage, it is essential to balance your base stats with Tutors. If you have no tutors, no matter your base stats, you can be attacked. Though I’m unsure of exactly how much TB you should have, it’s always a competition with other players. You want to have more than them. If the total stats of your tutors are double your base stats, you should be green. Also, tutors will become one of the best sources of profit for you. Bumping under-priced tutors and gaining a monopoly of the tutor market has, and always will be, the metagame of successful clubs. Whoever commands the most TB, rules.

Pots (1d)

At these stats, you should be able to keep a lifetime supply of Pots on hand. Buy a couple thousand of each so you never run out. Be smart. That is until a.t.a decides to release awesome pots that cost hundreds of millions and billions each :’) plz. But anyway, buy enough of these to defend yourself, the cost is so low for an indispensable benefit.

RS Date (2)

By these stats, you should be able to be on a date constantly. You may not want to use it constantly but never hesitate in starting one up. Like with pots, they are cheap and give you a great bonus to your defense or attack.

TS/DVP (1-x)

TS and DVP can go very right, or very wrong. It is a market for cash. You want to always turn a profit, then it is good. If you are losing in your deals, this is a big, red X. DVP, and TS, especially if free, is a major (1). Go by your own nose in the market. There isn’t enough room for me to talk about it in this thread.

PRO TIP: If you do TS and DVP without making a tutor overpriced, you will always be in the green, and when someone hires the tutor off you, you can do more of it. You can’t lose in one of these deals if what you spent is refunded, even if they profited too.

ECS/Extra Credits

RS/Relationship (1) -79ecs-

Having an RS will allow you to purchase RS dates, and they will also drastically increase your stats, more than TB, but really, the ability to choose what RS date you want is one of the most crucial mechanics in pvp at higher levels. They could become better if a.t.a buffed them, same as pots, but they are still good.

NOTE: An RS going inactive or breaking can be very expensive. You don’t want 1 per month. Pick an RS that will stay active and will not want to break up with you for a long time. And as a mega tip of courtesy.
    COURTESY TIP: If the other person asked you out, do not break RS without discussing it thoroughly with them.

Hypnocats (2a) -69ecs-

Cats get interesting at higher stats. They are much less beneficial than before. The amount that you get from selling them for dvp becomes less beneficial, and they become less beneficial to you, overall.

But at some stage, dropping them for yourself becomes more beneficial than the dvp they provide. I don’t join cat clubs and am unsure of when this would be. I wonder if someone could figure out at roughly what stats this shift would occur. I have a sort of rough equation that could be used for mapping it out below.

Benefit of Cats
    I want to figure this out and put it in the final guide.
    Calculating the stats at which dropping cats for yourself becomes more beneficial than selling them for dvp would probably follow an equation like this;
    200b + B2B potd Club cash + B2B potd club drops = Cat Club cash + cat club drops

The required stats for the plunder to equalize would be close to the threshold.
    It could be very messy and complicated to find this, but I have a theory that the bonus items from cc clubs usually only repay you for the cat you spent to join. You can get the 3mcs item in reg clubs, and in b2b cc, you usually get the 4mcs item?, but the 4mcs items bow cost about the same as a cat. So we can cut those factors out of both sides of the equation.

200B + B2B potd Club plunder= Cat Club plunder

The cash from both will increase with stats, but that 200b dvp is constant. So someone plz calculate or help me plug numbers in, thx.

Also, the cash from both clubs depends on how long people spend playing the game, and by doing PvP, you can earn more money too.

(I’ll probably change my beginning/advanced barrier according to this switch because it’s currently totally arbitrary.)

DNS (2b) -10ecs-

Same reasoning as before. Indispensable during promos, club wars, and has various applications in unrestricted PvP.

Direct Purchase from A.T.A

% stat items (2)

These items are only good for PvP. You should already know a lot of farming techniques and have participated in some wars before reaching this stage, but regardless, before committing to spend real money to purchase these, assess your own PvP abilities. Having any stats only serves to help you in PvP. But like any martial artist, if you don’t have the skills, your tools may completely go to waste. Before purchasing these or expensive showcase items, I strongly suggest getting accustomed to PvP mechanics on PIMD, and if/when you feel comfortable with your abilities, purchase the improvements to your tools.
    Read through this guide[/ur], and do some practice, really push your abilities and polish your technique before purchasing this.

These items can be found in the store, in Molly’s Corner. There are 3 purchasable packs including % misc items.
    JD’s pal pack ($3), with a 2%/2% item,
    Molly’s BFF Bundle ($15), with a 4%/4% item, and
    Tess’ Confidante Combo ($47), with a 6%/6% bonus.
    They total 12%/12% and cost $65.

These are unnecessary and will be totally wasted if you don’t have good tactics. So to stress it again, practice your PvP.

Spin tokens

These don’t really deserve a section because you can only use them in 1 way, the spinner.
    Buying these is not worth it. Watching ads and opening the box on your home screen will get you more than enough.

That’s the first tip, and the second tip regarding these is that you should only spin at the beginning of new spinner events when the items are worth the most, to sell them for as much as possible.

End

Please put thoughts below. I'd like to incorporate all of them into the final thread <3

Last updated: January 21st, 2018

2. Interesting read. :)
    Though, for Molly's Corner, are those prices in USD or another currency? Cause for me it's $5,(I think, I forgot how much it was when I bought it) $10, and $30 USD.

3. I don't live in the US, I think it would make sense if I used the USD prices because most people use them. I'll update it with those, and specify that it's USD. 5, 10, and 30.

4. Hey farmers, this guide will be split into 2 parts, a part for beginners, and a part for more established players (~5mcs+). Any suggestions for things to add or change, just comment below, or express Support if you found this guide helpful, and ask any questions in the comments, Thanks!

I’ll use some symbol notation throughout the guide, so give this key a quick read:

Unlisted things - Are not so bad, definitely not necessary, but if you have maxed out on (1), and (2), you should check these out.
    (x)-These should be avoided until you’re a more advanced player and can make a well-grounded decision about these for yourself.

In Party in my Dorm there are 2 main currencies: PIMD cash and extra credits, and everything in the game that you need starting out can be earnt with those.

MAJOR DISCLAIMER: Save your spin tokens for later. Even if you have hundreds or thousands. You will reap the rewards for your patience, and it will drastically improve your metagame if you have patience.

PIMD cash

Dorms (1a)

These are the main leveling system in the game. Putting people (crew) into your dorm will make you stronger overall and increase your chances of completing jobs, chances of winning a battle against other players, and plunder from hitting players/parties.

LITE Boxes (1b)

LITE boxes help you to complete stories by providing you with some ‘drops’. When you open enough boxes and get enough drops to complete a story, you will often receive PIMDbanks which provide large cash bonuses and drastically accelerate your leveling process in the early stages of the game.

You can earn up to 2 per day by completing parties, and they only cost 1000 PIMD cash to open, which can be easily earnt by hitting the first job once.
    NOTE: These cannot be gifted. They can only be earnt by completing parties (up to 2 daily)

Tutors – Tutors provide you with Tutor Bonus and Max Plunder, and each is earnt differently.

Max Plunder (1c)

By investing a total of 15m for every ‘kcs’ you have on your base stats, in tutors you will earn 2 to 3 times the amount of plunder you made without any. This is the Maximum plunder bonus achievable by hiring tutors, however your plunder increases even if you only spend 1m, and it gradually increases, so you could invest half of the requirement for ‘Max Plunder’ and still get a plunder bonus.

Tutor Bonus (2),

on the other hand, doesn’t influence your plunder, only your combat power in PvP. It is unlimited and behaves, in a way, as a secondary source of power to your character (behind crew). Tutors are relatively cheap and can drastically increase your effectiveness in PvP. Having money invested in tutors will also keep your money safe as you save up for your next dorm mate, and it can also make your richer faster if people hire your tutors because when someone hires your tutor, you get the money you invest back with an extra 1/60th as interest.

Extra Credits/ECS

Extra Credits can be earnt from jobs as a rare drop, from the spinner, and from random hand-outs from the developers
    NOTE: EC items only accelerate the process of upgrading, and are not necessary for any activities in the base game.

Hypnocats (2a) -69ecs-

In the Early Game, hypnocats provide you with a big bonus. You can sell them for about 200b ‘dvp’ each. Dvp stands for drop volley profit and is a way that players can inefficiently give money to other players. 200b buys you 2.5 t7 dorm mates, which each give you 200kcs of base stats. So 2 hypnocats can increase your stats by 500kcs. Starting out, selling hypnocats for dvp is the most efficient way of leveling up.

Doctor’s notes can help you sf an opponent to significantly weaken them, and they can also help you make the most out of promos, in which the benefit they usually give can be quintupled. This is an all-around useful item that is seen as indispensable during promos and in PvP. However, they are relatively expensive and should be used to maximum effect.

(x) Furniture Keys

Furniture keys are not an efficient way to spend ECS. They will help you earn furniture slightly faster, but you get furniture from LITE boxes, for much less.

(x) PIMKeys

PIMkeys are also a very inefficient way to spend ECS. They will help you earn hunt drops, furniture, and PIMD banks faster. However, again, LITE boxes supply everything this does, but in lesser amounts, and if you are really trying to boost your hunt drops, spending ECS on cats and DNS is much more efficient.

(x) Furniture

Buying furniture directly from the store is just a bad idea because, as I said before, LITE boxes drop random furniture. However, purchasing from the store is a way of collecting specific pieces without taking any risks. This is a desirable luxury for some, but not very beneficial for anyone else.

(x) Avatars

Hunts, LITE boxes, and the spinner can give you avatars stronger than those buyable in store. Purchasing avatars directly from the store is useless.

Here I would like to introduce two more pseudo-currencies that matter; Spin Tokens, and Real Cash.

Now would be a good time to use them, though saving them for longer will make them even more beneficial. You will get more cash per spin, and more items to use for DVP now that the upgrading process has slowed down. I suggest spinning at the beginning of the month, when new spinner items are still fresh, and they sell for as much as possible. They’ll depreciate in value as time progresses and they become more common.

PIMDCash

LITE Boxes (1a)

Same as in the first half. Always focus on opening LITE boxes. You only need to hit 1 eavesdrop action on 2 successful parties per day to earn this. So even if you’re farming 24/7, and have snubbed parties, this won’t cost much and is deeply beneficial.

Dorms and Crew(1b)

Improving your build and your plunder is always good. Keep at it. This is still the cheapest and most efficient way to increase your Combat Power.

Tutors (1c)

At this stage, it is essential to balance your base stats with Tutors. If you have no tutors, no matter your base stats, you can be attacked. Though I’m unsure of exactly how much TB you should have, it’s always a competition with other players. You want to have more than them. If the total stats of your tutors are double your base stats, you should be green. Also, tutors will become one of the best sources of profit for you. Bumping under-priced tutors and gaining a monopoly of the tutor market has, and always will be, the metagame of successful clubs. Whoever commands the most TB, rules.

Pots (1d)

At these stats, you should be able to keep a lifetime supply of Pots on hand. Buy a couple thousand of each so you never run out. Be smart. That is until a.t.a decides to release awesome pots that cost hundreds of millions and billions each :’) plz. But anyway, buy enough of these to defend yourself, the cost is so low for an indispensable benefit.

RS Date (2)

By these stats, you should be able to be on a date constantly. You may not want to use it constantly but never hesitate in starting one up. Like with pots, they are cheap and give you a great bonus to your defense or attack.

TS/DVP (1-x)

TS and DVP can go very right, or very wrong. It is a market for cash. You want to always turn a profit, then it is good. If you are losing in your deals, this is a big, red X. DVP, and TS, especially if free, is a major (1). Go by your own nose in the market. There isn’t enough room for me to talk about it in this thread.

PRO TIP: If you do TS and DVP without making a tutor overpriced, you will always be in the green, and when someone hires the tutor off you, you can do more of it. You can’t lose in one of these deals if what you spent is refunded, even if they profited too.

ECS/Extra Credits

Having an RS will allow you to purchase RS dates, and they will also drastically increase your stats, more than TB, but really, the ability to choose what RS date you want is one of the most crucial mechanics in pvp at higher levels. They could become better if a.t.a buffed them, same as pots, but they are still good.

NOTE: An RS going inactive or breaking can be very expensive. You don’t want 1 per month. Pick an RS that will stay active and will not want to break up with you for a long time. And as a mega tip of courtesy.
    COURTESY TIP: If the other person asked you out, do not break RS without discussing it thoroughly with them.

Hypnocats (2a) -69ecs-

Cats get interesting at higher stats. They are much less beneficial than before. The amount that you get from selling them for dvp becomes less beneficial, and they become less beneficial to you, overall.

But at some stage, dropping them for yourself becomes more beneficial than the dvp they provide. I don’t join cat clubs and am unsure of when this would be. I wonder if someone could figure out at roughly what stats this shift would occur. I have a sort of rough equation that could be used for mapping it out below.

Benefit of Cats
    Calculating the stats at which dropping cats for yourself becomes more beneficial than selling them for dvp would probably follow an equation like this;
    200b + B2B potd Club cash + B2B potd club drops = Cat Club cash + cat club drops

It could be very messy and complicated to find this, but I have a theory that the bonus items from cc clubs usually only repay you for the cat you spent to join. You can get the 3mcs item in reg clubs, and in b2b cc, you usually get the 4mcs item?, but the 4mcs items bow cost about the same as a cat. So we can cut those factors out of both sides of the equation.

The cash from both will increase with stats, but that 200b dvp is constant. So someone plz calculate or help me plug numbers in, thx.

Also, the cash from both clubs depends on how long people spend playing the game, and by doing PvP, you can earn more money too.

(I’ll probably change my beginning/advanced barrier according to this switch because it’s currently totally arbitrary.)

DNS (2b) -10ecs-

Same reasoning as before. Indispensable during promos, club wars, and has various applications in unrestricted PvP.

% stat items (2)

These items are only good for PvP. You should already know a lot of farming techniques and have participated in some wars before reaching this stage, but regardless, before committing to spend real money to purchase these, assess your own PvP abilities. Having any stats only serves to help you in PvP. But like any martial artist, if you don’t have the skills, your tools may completely go to waste. Before purchasing these or expensive showcase items, I strongly suggest getting accustomed to PvP mechanics on PIMD, and if/when you feel comfortable with your abilities, purchase the improvements to your tools.
    Read through this guide, and do some practice, really push your abilities and polish your technique before purchasing this.

These items can be found in the store, in Molly’s Corner. There are 3 purchasable packs including % misc items.

JD’s pal pack ($2 USD), with a 2%/2% item,

Molly’s BFF Bundle ($10 USD), with a 4%/4% item, and

Tess’ Confidante Combo ($30 USD), with a 6%/6% bonus.
    They total 12%/12% and cost $42 USD.
    (prices may differ if you live outside of the US)

These are unnecessary and will be totally wasted if you don’t have good tactics. So to stress it again, practice your PvP.

Spin tokens

These don’t really deserve a section because you can only use them in 1 way, the spinner.
    Buying these is not worth it. Watching ads and opening the box on your home screen will get you more than enough.

That’s the first tip, and the second tip regarding these is that you should only spin at the beginning of new spinner events when the items are worth the most, to sell them for as much as possible.

End

Please put thoughts below. I'd like to incorporate all of them into the final thread <3

Muschi and --Drowzie-- like this.
  5. Why the moustache on that ava tho?

6. ?

7. Improvements

Muschi likes this.
  8. Hey farmers, this guide will be split into 2 parts, a part for beginners, and a part for more established players (~5mcs+). Any suggestions for things to add or change, just comment below, or express Support if you found this guide helpful, and ask any questions in the comments, Thanks!

PIMD cash

Dorms (1a)

LITE Boxes (1b)

Max Plunder (1c)

Tutor Bonus (2),

Extra Credits/ECS

Hypnocats (2a) -69ecs-

(x) Furniture Keys

(x) PIMKeys

(x) Furniture

(x) Avatars

PIMDCash

LITE Boxes (1a)

Dorms and Crew(1b)

Tutors (1c)

Pots (1d)

RS Date (2)

TS/DVP (1-x)

ECS/Extra Credits

Hypnocats (2a) -69ecs-

Benefit of Cats

DNS (2b) -10ecs-

% stat items (2)

Read through this guide, and do some practice, really push your abilities and polish your technique before purchasing this.

JD’s pal pack ($2 USD), with a 2%/2% item,

Molly’s BFF Bundle ($10 USD), with a 4%/4% item, and

Tess’ Confidante Combo ($30 USD), with a 6%/6% bonus.
    They total 12%/12% and cost $42 USD.
    (prices may differ if you live outside of the US)

Spin tokens

End

9. If anyone reading this could Unload once on a party tomorrow, wait for the party to end, and post the total plunder shown, along with your base stats in the comments, I'd be curious to see that.

10. this isnt an app mate there's no alpha beta soft launch

11. proto, alpha phase, 10th edition?
    I'm lost on all these things that mean the same thing, Kitty. Help me figure out this confusing world
    :?:

12. it really ain't that deep just make ya "guide" and move on there don't need to be 69 versions of it when nobody care anyway

13. I’m a loser neow

14. It actually is that deep if you want as much information as you can get.

15. it said meow but I accidentally painted over the first bit..

16. Hi

Kefo likes this.