UPDATE Put a stop to scamming.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ATAClaptrap, Oct 20, 2022.

1. Idk. It’s just sad that I was complaining as a fully aware newer player on behalf of the more naive ones— over 2 years ago. And only now this kind of awareness posts gets made. 🤦‍♂️

sinnerOfuki, Kefo and Epistemologia like this.
  2. I have a person like that on my list that keeps asking me to buy his furni for $100 real money for furniture. Also

Another scammer type I came across yesterday, for players who just started out, there are people trying to sell newer players old avi shards claiming they are instant when in fact they are no longer obtainable avis.

Bimb0 likes this.
  3. Why you keeping them on your friend list if they trying to constantly scam you

4. Took y’all long enough. When we used to call out scammers we got reported and silenced for “slander” allowing them to continue scamming. We tried to educate others, allow people to talk, but we got silenced. I guess mows better than never.

Yuaru, Diablo, Alyson and 1 other person like this.
  5. Great post!

6. I wholeheartedly support this post 🧡
    Let's keep looking out for our fellow players especially the noobs who honestly don't know better.

7. Hello everyone. My name is Michelle.

8. Sure thing!

9. I'm not I reported and blocked

pigsinabIanket and EL-Dorado like this.
  10. 90% of the high-stat playerbase buys 1bcs for 190$ and bentos for .50 each - these are current prices

when I reported certain accounts, I was told “it’s not viable to check every account” like that means ATA doesn’t know basic scripting code to find RMT transactions or Multis (multiple account users, which make these possible).

Until ATA frankly starts to care about their own game, and can introduce Bot Hunters and implement teams to check accounts and scan for Multis, Scammers, RMT and other things, the game will continue to be “please spend for these new avatars, thanks” - instead of helping the player game economy and preventing things like this from even happening

After all of that, RMT and account stealing will still exist, but maybe if ATA cares (and by extension, DECA as well) then maybe PimD won’t be such a drawback for players

As a playerbase, there is a 1,000% chance we would actually care about ToU if ATA actually cared to enforce it without saying “it’s not viable” while having their own code in front of them - do the Multis really watch that many ads to make it worthwhile for you?

Callalily and Noen like this.
  11. I can't believe I got scammed again, it makes me feel so freaking dumb for trusting people,I told myself I would be better at recognizing scammers but here I am again, lost 3b just like that, this is telling me that I should never work at a bank 😔😔☹️☹️

-iZombie_Wolf-666 and Yuaru like this.
  12. Crazy how you let the in game bento and furni scammers keep going but banned me and everyone else who posted “Scammer” on their wall. What’s the real priority here

13. They don’t let them, anyone that’s seen is reported and they take action against them where possible, but unfortunately it’s silenceable to publicly claim someone a scammer as it falls under defamation

14. Although I understand the frustration, public defamation has always been silenceable because there’s no way to know if the information is true. There’s also a difference between being silenced and “banned”, seeing how you still have access to your account, I’d say you aren’t banned.

I’m not sure how you’re getting bento or furniture scammed if you’re using the trade system. They created that feature specifically to avoid situations like that, so if you’re not using it and gifting people instead… I wouldn’t say thats ATAs fault 💀

Unless you mean you’re purchasing furn/bentos with irl cash, which I’d hope not since that’s a actual bannable offense 👀

15. Stop the scamming

16. Lmfao imagine CRA tryna get ahold of u via pimd 😭

Shen-Yue-Yu, Muschi and Vosovic like this.
  17. You’re really desperate to fall for the scams listed 🤦‍♀️