War Overhaul

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Guy, Dec 18, 2021.

1. War System Overhaul
    Hello everyone, I’m Guy and I’m a game designer, sysadmin, UI designer, I’m also a student studying Political Science and Communications at NU (go, purple eagles!) . Those who are members of the Discord might have seen my walls of concepts in #feedback-submissions or know me as the guy who owns 9 ferrets! Anyway, I’m here to present a concept for a system overhaul of the current PIMD war system. As many of you are aware, the game has a few aspects to it but it is more importantly known for it’s social networking and player-versus-player aspects but in recent times, it seems there has been little to no attention to the PVP aspect of the games. Don’t get me wrong, we have peace tags and such now but ATA could add a whole lot more I think. Let’s hop right into this GDD (game design document for all you future designers, yes. I will convert you!)

Improvements
    As I mentioned before, we were recently given the 4-hour Peace Tags. This item prevents all aggressive actions against you for 4 hours but ends when you are an aggressor of an attack. This item can be purchased in the shop for 49 Extra Credits and combined with an activator that costs 50 cash. We also have smoothies, that costs 39 Extra Credits each.This has been one of the only newer PVP features outside of changes with statistics, but on the partying side, we have Amps, Vehicles, Moneydogs, PIMD Banks, Care Packs, JD’s Surprise Box, Subscriptions plans prioritizing parties and much more. There are many suggestions I have for improvement.

P = PVP Related

C = Club Related

P) Create subscription plans for PVP (25% cash from combat, 20% event drops from combat)

C) Allow current hunt items to drop from completing club wars
    C) Create a club award granted to clubs for war victory (similar to party completion rewards)
    C) Update the graphics for the current war UI to modern PIMD
    P) Create a care pack for PVP plunder boost
    C) Create items to make wars start faster

C) Create more war options or allow more customization for club war
    C) Create a roster signup for war events
    C) Create competitive club events (Clubs work together to get x amount of items)
    P) More PvP events with random team assignments

Closing Regards
    I will continue adding to this thread as more ideas come to mind or as you suggest. Please let me know your thoughts below!

#1 Guy, Dec 18, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2021
  2. Support. But i dont see it happening when people arnt making a effort to get wars being a thing again. Ata arnt gonna put effort in for a small minority

WetSpaghettiNoodle likes this.
  3. Reuploaded!

4. New day new Thrash.

5. ?

6. I support but wars have died over the years and i just don't see enough players wishing to bring wars back to the level they were years ago.

WetSpaghettiNoodle and Guy like this.
  7. Most interest I see regarding them is when they're for mod crates. :(

Campus, Guy and DinosAreTheOldestCars like this.
  8. The last war i did resulted in a loss of 200m. I got no benifit from it. Bends war was fun. The 2nd war i did cant remember who with was boring as fuck and lost all that money. So yehh adding more benifits to war would probly draw more people to it. Maybe even some war exclusive stat items?

9. What the fuck i thort this thread was small before now its massive words

10. I’m not forcing you to read it?

11. Wars have died but that doesn’t mean the entire PVP community is gone. There are two communities on PIMD and they’re both as important. It seems dead because we’re all going to KaW or KoH, when we shouldn’t have to.

12. This isn’t about bringing back wars, it’s about making a system update for a majority of the game.

13. I know was just concused on it having changed completely since i 1st commented

14. Aren't most of the clubs just new thrown together that disband after the war?

15. Good luck, Guy. I think we need a restructuring of the developer teams and agendas from the top to focus on anything that would properly improve this game.

I feel as though I, and the community overall, have been handing them fleshed-out and easy-to-implement ideas for years that would vastly improve the game and yet when you look at what the devs focus on, where their time and attention go... It's been anything but meaningful.

Nothing compared to the developers of runescape who dedicate at least 40% of their attention on background stuff, and only about 20% of their resources on new content... PIMD's team is like 80% new content and 20% "bug fixing" new content.

WetSpaghettiNoodle and Guy like this.
  16. I like the idea of your war improvements and ideas since wars happen to be a FUN aspect of fighting on this game, however unfortunately I don't see this happening. Since wars have begun to die out, a big factor to it is all the SFW on individuals and clubs but without starting an official war. Most clubs now because of the individual SFW and a lot of the negativity that comes with it, don't like the idea of the PVP anymore. More clubs have banned those in SFW from staying in clubs. From observation the last few years (this is a new account due to this negativity through SFW sctually) I believe that if you can implement these war improvements.. individual SFW without official wars will need stricter rules that ATA needs to implement as well. Unfortunately the SFW rules currently are labeled as "apart of the game's mechanics" although it's aiding in wars dying out and an increase in negative feedback in the PVP mechanics surrounding SFW.

To say this again, I like your direction of idea. I think improvements on the official war aspect will help quite a bit of the game. I would love to see what more thought you'll have. Improvement on this game and making a much more fun and less toxic culture is what I've wanted to see for a while.

Guy likes this.
  17. Adding UI designs later!

18. Uninstall