UPDATE Silencing Policy Updates 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ATA-Will, Jul 6, 2021.

1. me reading this in ben shapiro’s nasally voice

Muschi likes this.
  2. Please unsilence me I wasn't doing anything just selling my starred items on campus why did I get silenced

Piper2807 likes this.
  3. If you're in my opinion that you habe III in mythology;)

4. Send a help ticket

Muschi likes this.

5. Writing to forums does nothing, the only way to appeal a silence is to send in a help ticket. You can do this by clicking the ⚙ in the upper left hand corner of the main page and then clicking the "help" button.

Keep in mind that responses can take 1-3 days, so be patient.

Muschi likes this.
  6. I hate it when the scammed ppl got silence cuz they are waring the other and the scammer dont get banned even from a little, but well it is what it is

7. thats called defamation & its against tos even if the person is a scammer, you can’t be doing that. If it wasn’t against tos, people would be slandering anyone they didn’t like left & right. it’s like that for a reason, despite how shitty it might seem.

Campus, Muschi, Atlas and 1 other person like this.
  8. Pritty sure its also tecnicly illegal to do it qs well

9. Not really. For it to be a crime it has to hurt someones reputation & you’d have to prove what someone said was false. they’d also have to have said it to a 3rd party & lowering their impression of the individual.

an example would be if the person was trying to become a dev at ata & the slanderer then was spouting nonsense about them & ata decided they didn’t want them as a dev because of it. that person would lose an attempt at a job & then could sue.

being called scammer on a gaming app for virtual items that only cost chibis & bentos isn’t illegal. its just against tos.

Muschi likes this.
  10. also even if the person who said they were a scammer is right & it is the truth, they’ll still get silenced. legality does not apply to pimd tos.

Muschi likes this.
  11. Yeah, didnt remember the ToU since i just got back, well I'm very sure that it was ny fault tho, fishy trade but ended up dealing it anyway. I was very stupid 😔

12. More meaning defimation being illegal

13. They like to pick and choose who to silence. It is unprofessional. This guy called “Asher” wasn’t banned for joking about being underaged. What if he was underaged? However, my friend who played PIMD for years was banned for making the same joke. They really do pick and choose who to ban. But hey, the system is flawed or else everyone would receive equal treatment. Gotta be friends with a moderator and you’re off the hook 🪝

14. They really need to hire new admins or moderators because it’s unfair. What’s the point in having them if they’re going to abuse the system with their power

15. And this is the reason why PIMD will never do better than it already is, but rather be known as the perverted apps with a ton of scammers. The admins clearly don’t care about the community or else they would do something about those scammers instead of silencing the victims.

16. PIMD like to blame the victims lol. It’s flawed indeed. Any other game I know doesn’t do that beside PIMD

17. It’s not your fault, don’t blame yourself. You’re the victim but ATA doesn’t recognise that. They don’t care about you, so don’t spend money on here. That’s a lesson I’ve learnt.

18. Thx for this i really appreciate it

19. They don't hire moderators. Mods work on a volunteer basis, and they just added to the team a few months ago.

Delight, Azari and Ghastly like this.
  20. If you're wanting to bring attention to a player then it's best to send in a help ticket so the devs can investigate. They can see a lot more than mods can.

With that being said, devs are the ones who created the rules and you automatically agreed to these rules when downloading the game. If you have a issue with a rule or need more clarification on why that ruIe is emplaced, you are more than welcome to include that in a help ticket.

There's a forum that helps explain how to deal with scammers and how to spot them. You can find that forum here.

There's also only a handful of mods vs hundreds of players, we don't "pick and choose" but more so could've simply missed it. I suggest taking a ss next time you see something like that and sending it to a mod so we can take proper action.

ll___IMMORTAL___ll and Muschi like this.