Cutting down tips

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DinosAreTheOldestCars, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Tips for cutting down wastage? My new house has no rubbish or recycling pick up so wanna start doing stuff to try reduce how much shit we using

2. Get a compost bin for food scraps. Buy things without packaging where possible, like fruit and veg. Go to bulk foods stores and take your own refillable containers. Use solid shampoo and conditioner bars, soap instead of shower gel etc... It's easy enough to reduce waste if you research alternatives. Buy smart and only what you need/use/eat :)

DinosAreTheOldestCars likes this.
  3. Im 100% building a compost crate to put the garden waste in each week anyway so that bit is easy enough. Cardboard can be composted right?
    Soap is a hard one. Havnt managed to find 1 ever that doesnt make my skin go really dry but will see how much some other ones are to try

4. I take reusable canvas bags to the grocery store so I’m not constantly throwing away ridiculous amounts of plastic bags. Also they sell mini trash compactors which can help with any waste you do have, that way it’d fit in one bag instead of two or three.

5. Plastic bags got outlawed here a few years ago. They dont exist in shops now. Not new ones at least. Only ones that are left are ones people have kept from ages ago

6. Burning plastic is bad for everything

7. I second this. A burn barrel is the answer