UPDATE 🐛Extracurricular Story Bug🐛

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ATA-Will, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Hi PIMD Fam!

This post is regarding a new bug that stopped the Story elements in our Extracurriculars from showing up.
    If you don’t have the time to read this please scroll to the bottom for the important info.

The Situation

[​IMG]
    No, not this "The Situation"

As many of you have already noticed, we have encountered a bug with the competition dialogue system in PiMD, which displays the storyline you would normally unlock as you progressed in “Extracurricular” competitions. We wanted to fully investigate and come up with a plan of action before we tried to address this issue with you all, and now that we have, we wanted to give you all the details.

The bug was caused by a back end systems update that really shouldn’t have broken anything, but unfortunately did. You know the saying, anything that can go wrong... Alas, our engineers know exactly what they need to do to fix it, and are working on an update that you will be required to install to return things back to normal, when it is ready.

We aim to have this resolved as soon as we can, but we believe we won't have things back to normal until the second event after Black Friday. Sorry we cannot be more definitive on this part, but if we can bring it back earlier, we will.

In the interim, we wanted to make sure the stories our narrative team worked so hard on are made available to the players who love them so much. As we have received plenty of healthy feedback about this issue, we decided to make the full stories available via a series of forum posts, which we will link below as they become available.

On behalf of the PiMD team, I want to give a sincere apology to everyone who got to enjoy PiMD less because of this problem, and a huge thank you to everyone who helped bring it to our attention. This allowed us to treat the issue as a priority so we could get it fixed ASAP.

[​IMG]
    Our team working hard to fix this!

What you need to know

1. The Dialogue for Storylines in Extracurriculars is currently broken. 🙁
    2. We are working to fix it and aiming for it to be back to normal for the second event after Black Friday.
    3. We are going to share the Dialogue for the events that were missed via forum posts. 😃
    4. We may not have any dialogue for Black Friday or the event right after Black Friday.🙁
    5. We love you all very much and are very sorry this happened, we are working as quick as we can to fix it! 💜

Event Story Posts

Please find below links to the Stories that were missing in game. We'll update this list for any missing story elements until the bug is fixed.
    Are you Afraid of the Park Story Post
    A Change of Art Story Post
    Thanksgiving Large Story Post

Your continued passion and devotion to PiMD makes our entire team energized and excited, so please keep it up! We love your energy and it helps us do the best work we possibly can.

<3<3<3

[ATA] Will and the Dev Team

#1 ATA-Will, Nov 8, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  2. Hi can you tell me why the vip isn't available for me?

3. Could you elaborate abit more?
    Are you asking about the VIP subscription?

4. Thanks for the memo! I was intending on sending in a help ticket, but silly me figured writers may have just needed time off. The possibility of a bug causing the lack of stories shown hadn’t even occurred to me!

All in all, I’m glad the missing stories will be accessible here in the forums. The game felt dull without them, like some basic level of human interaction was missing despite the fact that it was a self-insert character interacting with NPCs. I guess there’s just more personality in them than with…many people on this app. The fact that the Stories tend to be cute and funny help a lot as I favor cute and funny things haha. Keep up the good work with them!

P. S. If anyone has any recollection as to how Carly and Zander became official during Valentine’s lmk. It must have been THE one hunt I skipped dialogue as I begun it, and I feel like I missed something so crucial. Sorry if anyone feels this is dramatic lol

5. I've been so confused about this, but honestly believed maybe I was remembering wrong about there being story through the tiers. I'm shamefully new to reading the stories despite playing for 3 years, but when I caught on, I loved it! Now even in hunts I don't take particular interest in, I still enjoy reading the tier progression and side stories. It's added extra fun to my PIMD experience.

I think it's very cool you're starting back at "Are You Afraid of the Park." I was very sure I was getting those tiers stories, but I didn't complete the final tier. I'm excited to see the finale!

MayaTheHopeful likes this.
  6. Yes I am. I don't have the option in shop. I can't swipe pass JD Store. I have 2option treding and JD that's it.

7. I would suggest reporting the bug in a help ticket or if you’re in the PIMD Discord you can share in the bug reports channel 👍🏼

8. Ok ok this is good. I was about to report this too lol. Ty for taking time n explaining this to us♥️♥️. I hope this gets fixed soon tho. Ty ty

9. Bento prayz

10. When is black Friday again?

11. Will there be story posts for the BF hunt and the current pub quiz hunt?

12. nvm I’m dumb and totally missed #4 😂

13. black friday is the same time every year, it will be back next year in late november.

Muschi and BBYGRLTRIN like this.
  14. Nanz and Zoro like this.
  15. This makes sense. Thank you!!

GoddessHailey likes this.
  16. Can this please be a thing again? With the side stories too! Cause some of the stories are really interesting, but its hard to stay invested if you dont finish a particular hunt and major context is cut out later

17. Theres a thread called. Story tiers and rewards. I think they say it in there. I havnt looked at it since xcs came out so cant remember exactly but yehh

18. That thread only displays the rewards unfortunately not the storyline dialogues

DinosAreTheOldestCars likes this.