NEW CONTENT Are you Afraid of the Park? - 🗣️ Story Post!📖

Discussion in 'Events' started by ATA-Will, Nov 9, 2021.

1. [​IMG]

Welcome to the Extracurricular Story from our event Are you Afraid of the Park?

Read on . . . IF YOU DARE!

If you are curious why this is in a forum post and not in game. Please read about it here.

Part 1 - JD is in the middle of a discussion with Marco and Joaquin...

In the Common Room . . .
    [​IMG]
    JD:
    YAWN! YAWN, dude!

Joaquin:

Really? I think it's a classic!​

YOU:
    What's the topic?

Joaquin:
    Scariest place to be trapped at night. I suggested "abandoned hospital," but JD doesn't seem to agree.​

JD:

Dude, it's just so played OUT! The last, like, five horror movies I saw took place in abandoned hospitals or sanitariums or whatever! I'm over it!

Marco:
    Yo, I thought "Razor Morgue 3" was one of the scariest things I've ever seen!

JD:
    Maybe for you, dude. I don't get scared at movies. Or at all, ha haaaaah,,,

YOU:

Come on, I know you like your horror movies, but everyone's scared of SOMETHING.

Joaquin:
    I'll tell you what place I think is REALLY scary...abandoned amusement parks! Like the one just outside of town, what was it called? I bet not even JD could last a whole night there.​

JD:

...Okay, first of all, it was called "The Fun-icipality of Laughtertown Wonder Fair and Amusement Park," before it closed down twelve years ago, and second of all CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!

Part 2 - JD and Joaquin make a bet...

In Joaquin's room . . .
    [​IMG]
    JD:
    Okay, here are the terms: We all go to Laughtertown tomorrow night. At midnight, we sneak in through the back door leading to the former staff area and start exploring the park...

JD:
    ...The only rule is you can't just hide somewhere and go to sleep. If I can make it until dawn without getting spooked, I win the bet. That about right, dude?

Joaquin:
    Perfect! And if you win, I'll let you accompany me on my yearly dorm room trick-or-treat "candy inspection..."

JD:
    ...And if I lose, I have to be "assistant RA" for a month, which basically means I have to clean the grossest parts of our floor. Not gonna happen, dude.

YOU:
    Come on, JD...it's BLATANTLY obvious he's setting you up for one of his pranks!

Joaquin:
    Me!? I have no idea what you're talking about!

JD:
    Uhh, yeah, that HAD crossed my mind. And you know what I say? Bring it ON, my dude! Scare me if you can, ha haaaah!

Joaquin:
    Brave words, my friend! I look forward to seeing that bravery in action!

YOU:
    ...Ho boy...

Part 3 - Marco peers into the back entrance to Laughtertown...

At the back entrance to Laughtertown...
    [​IMG]
    Marco:
    Doooooope, bro! You were right, there's totally a way in here!

YOU:
    Uh-huh. Weird how you happened to know that.

Joaquin:
    Oh, you know how it is. You hear rumors here and there.

Alexa:
    Are y'all seriously going in there!? All night!?

Joaquin:
    You're not coming?

Alexa:
    Please, are you kidding me? The cheerleaders are always the first to be slaughtered in these situations!

Carly:
    C'mon, it's not a movie! You should come, it'll be fun!

Zander:
    ...Plus, you might even get the chance to see Mr. I-Never-Get-Scared lose a bet.

Alexa:
    Hmmm...that is tempting. Okay, I'm in. What's the worst that could happen?

YOU:
    Don't SAY that!!

Part 4 - JD is shining his flashlight all around the former staff room at Laughtertown...

In the abandoned staff room at Laughtertown...
    [​IMG]

JD:
    Whoooooooooa, check this place out!! It's so CREEPY, dudes!! I LOVE THIS!!

Carly:
    Hey, there's a moldy sandwich on the table...didn't the park close down like ten years ago?

YOU:
    ...And why would someone just leave in mid-sandwich?

JD:
    Maybe someone else was here...and they saw something that made them flee in terror, heh heh heh...

(Marco shines his flashlight on the wall.)

Marco:
    ...I bet it has something to do with...that...

Alexa:
    ...Someone's written "Laughtertown" on the wall...and added an "s" at the beginning...and it's in...is...is that blood?

JD:
    It's ketchup! I can smell it from here. Come on, y'all, if you're gonna make it through the night, you can't get freaked out at every ketchup message. Wouldn't you agree, Joaquin?...

JD:
    ...Is what I'd ask if he were here, but it looks like he's already gone.

(Everyone looks around.)

Zander:
    ...Hey, you're right. Uhh, shouldn't we be worried?

JD:
    Heh heh heh...Come on, y'all. Time to explore Slaughtertown...

Part 5 - Alexa shines her flashlight into the darkness at Laughtertown...

At Laughtertown...
    [​IMG]

Alexa:
    It's so dark...Of course we'd have to do this on a night with no moon...

JD:
    So...where should we go explore first? Bumper carts? Funhouse?...Hey, look! There's the merry-go-round! Mwa ha ha ha...

(Zander shines his flashlight at the merry-go-round.)

Zander:
    ...Someone's put...weird rubber masks stained with what I reaaaaally hope is more ketchup...on all the horses' heads...

Marco:
    Starting to wonder if there's someone here...

JD:
    Maybe there is...maybe we're trespassing in the home of a serial killer...or some escaped psychopath from a local asylum...

(You all hear a blood-curdling scream from nearby.)

YOU:
    WHAT WAS THAT!!?

Carly:
    It...sounded like...a scream...that got cut off suddenly...

Marco:
    It...it came from the funhouse...y'all, this is starting to get seriously messed up...

JD:
    WELL then! If it came from the FUNHOUSE, then that's where we should GO!! Come on, everyone!! I have a strange feeling we might even find Joaquin there!

Zander:
    ...This is turning out to be...less fun than I expected...

Part 6 - Marco shines his flashlight into the darkness of the funhouse...

At the Laughtertown funhouse...
    [​IMG]

Marco:
    ...M-maybe we shouldn't be going in here...I mean, this building looks pretty old, why tempt fate, JD...where's JD?

(From somewhere further inside the funhouse.)

JD:
    DUUUUUUDE!! This place is AMAZING!! They should charge money for a creepy funhouse like this...WHOA!! HA HA!! CHECK IT OUT, I found the mirrors!...

Alexa:
    Where are all of you? I'm stuck in the maze!

YOU:
    I think I'm...in the control room...there's an old open can of stew on the counter...someone's definitely been here...

Carly:
    We're in a room with a bunch of clown mannequins...I mean, this would be freaky even in the daytime AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!

Marco:
    WHAT!!? WHAT HAPPENED?!?

Zander:
    ONE OF THE CLOWNS...HE MOVED...AND HE'S GOT A KNIFE!!!

Alexa:
    GET OUT OF THERE!!

YOU:
    EVERYBODY RUN!!!

JD:
    WHERE!? WHERE?! I WANNA SEE HIM...THERE HE IS!! HA HA HA HA!!! I can't believe y'all are falling for THIS!! "Ooh, the scary clown's gonna kill me," HA HA HA!! Ahh...okay, I'll leave this funhouse...but Ima stroll out, not run out...

Part 7 - JD is still laughing about the funhouse incident...

At Laughtertown...
    [​IMG]

JD:
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAH!!...OHH MAN, MY STOMACH!! HA HA HA HA HA!!! THE WAY Y'ALL WENT RUNNING!! HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!...

Carly:
    Okayyyyy, we get it, we're big fat cowards and you have nerves of steel.

YOU:
    Well, according to my phone we're just one minute away from sunrise, and this'll all be over.

(JD takes out his cell phone...)

JD:
    ...Heh heh heh hehhh...Ahhhh, that was fun. Okay, well I hope I proved my point: you can't scare JD...oop, hang on, got a text...

(...He drops his phone and falls to his knees.)

JD:
    ... ... ... ...N-no...

Zander:
    JD? What's wrong?

(JD starts rolling around on the ground, screaming in terror.)

JD:
    NO. NOOOOOOO!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHH!!! AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHH!!!

(Alexa picks up his phone.)

Alexa:

It's...from his dealer. He says he's moving away!...

(She holds JD's phone in front of his face.)

Alexa:
    ...Hang on, JD! He just sent another text! Look!

(JD reads the new message.)

JD:
    ...AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!...Huh? ** sob ** ... ... ...Wh-what the..."J-Just...kidding..."...Dang. He got me.

Part 8 - Joaquin meets you at the hidden back entrance to Laughtertown...

Leaving Laughtertown...
    [​IMG]

Joaquin:
    Hi, everyone! Sorry I chickened out so early. Too scary for me! From all the screaming earlier, it sounds like someone lost a bet, though!

Zander:
    We'll tell you all about it when we get back to dorm, but let's get out of here before we get arrested for trespassing...

(The rest walk ahead, leaving you and JD with Joaquin.)

JD:
    I gotta say...bravo, dude, bravo. The noises, the scrawled messages, the masks on the horses...magnificent!

Joaquin:
    And that was just the stuff you found! There were a few surprises you didn't stumble across. Let's just say it's lucky none of you had to go to the bathroom.

JD:
    Oh man, my favorite was the funhouse. Did you see everyone's reaction!!? HA HA HA!! Ohhh man, I wish I had that on camera, you were AMAZING!!

Joaquin: Funhouse?

YOU:
    You know, when you dressed up as the knife-wielding murder clown.

(Joaquin looks genuinely confused.)

Joaquin:
    ... ... ... ...Clown?... ...I never dressed up as a clown??

(You and JD exchange a look.)

JD:
    ...Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...Eh heh heh...You're...messing with us again, right?

YOU:
    Okay, I'm just going to declare that this is just another one of your pranks. Now let's go home. Like, right now.

[​IMG]

#1 ATA-Will, Nov 9, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    Kukki, Maria_DC, Adorabelle and 11 others like this.
  2. Yo this is great. Now we can keep a record of what happened in the story. Thanks for the workaround 🙌

3. I love this! Insanely helpful and now @Azari, @Atlas, and I can can get all the gawssip hehehehe 🐝🖤

4. Oh my GAWD! This is insane!!
    I loved reading it!
    Please don't stop doing this even after the bug is fixed, so that we can come back here and read the whole story all at once even after the event is over.

5. Yay! This was the furthest I've ever gotten in a story since I stayed in a cat club the whole time. I'm not the hardest of hitters, so it's nice getting that final bit I missed out on. I do love the idea of every story being posted! Even if maybe we gotta wait a bit to get it like how movies getting released used to do!

6. This was a nice way to give a temporary fix to the story problem! It'd be cool if, like others said, this was made a regular thing -- even if it was just added to the hunt announcement post as an edit after the hunt ends.

7. This is pretty nice, ik not alot of players get to finish the last tiers so the story always cuts off for the majority, so even if they did have the time to read and even if they were interested it would've been hard to keep up. This is much nicer than the previously very glitchy pop ups that used to crash the game. Ty!