Tutor Chat QoL

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Guy, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Tutor chat can be quite confusing at times, especially for new players. I haven’t really found a use of tutor chat as most of my tutors are inactive and my pupil has me added as a friend. Perhaps the tutor channel can be converted to more of a message board or something else that can promote more interaction with pupils and tutors; or maybe it’s time to retire the channel as a whole?

What are your thoughts on tutor chat?

2. Cant understand it even with a drawing. So ive never used it. I just have it off. I couldnt care less what happens with it

Guy likes this.
  3. The only conceivable use for it is if you wanted to address all of your tutors at once, which I can’t think of any good reasons for doing, especially considering that most tutors are inactive. Your tutors can’t see each other’s messages on it anyways, so you need group chat for a real conversation.

I personally never use tutor chat and really don’t care what happens. Removing it would probably take more effort than just leaving it, so I guess they’ll just let it languish.

Guy likes this.
  4. Tuter chat is just 1 big web that you cant see the other side of. Only the parts you are connected to. I see no use for it bc you dont know who they are talking to most of the time. Most are inactive and it doesnt give any type of notification. I think its a good idea.. just wrong execution.

Guy likes this.
  5. That is where tutors rp with their pupils when they want other people to watch.

Okay, but seriously, it was useful back in the day when this was a pvp game. Usually your pupil was your mentor, and you'd go to wars together. You could share war strategies in there without spies who were possibly in the club chat seeing. If you are a good pupil with active tutors, it is still a good place to mentor them, and where they can also ask questions.

Guy likes this.