A Display Shelf in Dorm

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by Gagan8611, Oct 23, 2021.

1. I Have come up with a suggestion for the game dorm. The thread title is self explanatory, a display shelf item in our dorm where we can display our stat items from our showcase may it be a hunt story stat item, side story, a crate item or a purchasable in molly's deals. Hope This suggestion comes in light and is adopted in game would be glad if other players provide their point of view in this too.

MayaTheHopeful, Reee and Guy like this.
  2. I like this idea, but it sounds like a headache to implement, not to mention most items would look badly scaled or out of perspective since the view angles don’t match the one for the dorms. A lot of items are floating in the air or drawn from a highly elevated angle, which would make it basically impossible to get the perspectives right.

I really liked having the option to convert monthly spinner sets to furniture and was disappointed that the feature wasn’t available this month. As an alternative, extending the existing feature to selected hunt stats or BB combo items would fulfill a similar purpose as your suggestion and would probably a lot easier to implement.

MayaTheHopeful and Hag like this.
  3. Okay if I understood you correctly you want stat items we collect to show up in our dorm at one certain place and we can change them up as we see fit?

4. yes that is what i mean think it would look great for some collectors to display some stat items in dorm

5. Yes I didn't consider those possibilities but i still like the idea and converting monthly spinners into furnitures is costly 199ecs not everyone can get it and people just overprice stuff these days, So i would like this feature implemented need to consider a good spot

6. The vast majority of showcase items would break perspective and look hideous as 3 dimensional objects in a dorm, but there’s a workaround.

Instead of a display shelf, the feature can be implemented as photo frames or artistic canvases presenting the item as a 2 dimensional picture, which avoids the perspective issue entirely.

These will go nicely in the poster, above desk, and above plant spots, and will work in the plant, lamp, or 999 slots as well, and since there’s many different types of frames and canvases, the feature can be regularly reused for different hunts.

The proposal can be easily extended to avatars as well, and would very likely boost ATA’s revenue if people buy avatars they otherwise wouldn’t use so they can have a picture of their RS’s avatar in their dorm.

MayaTheHopeful and Muschi like this.
  7. Yes i guess They would kinda break but as 2d yeah will look great in places of posters and above desks but size also matters for stuff think ATA can figure this all out but this suggestion needs to be approved of and be talked about more first