Jordan Peterson

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CrimeFightinCactus, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Why is this dude liked so much? I don't see the hype but I see a lot of people hype him up like he the smartest man in the world.

• JP tells the truth - Tru respects that

GodNDevil likes this.
  2. Eh I dont think he says the truth I think he simplifies some shit too much and ngl some things he just doesnt know what he is talking about

3. People like him because he talks about things your fathers should have taught you. Fills a void for people I guess.

Hag likes this.
  4. He popularized by repackaging and developing premodern philosophy.
    For old people, it's things their fathers might have said, and for others it's their grandparents or great grandparents.

The distance and freshness of his perspectives felt like something new and exciting, and he has some valuable advice for self-improvement but couldn't bring that old philosophy to relevance in critiquing society and politics.

He tried to build things up from the self help stuff and he made some good points like on Q&A here in Australia and against Cathy Newman, but he could only be successful in relegating his message to the realm of self help.

I think people were dazzled by how new the things he was saying were. How they seemed so 'above' the left vs right ideological conflict that we have going on today. But his theories weren't really new contenders just an old face, long defeated, showing up and throwing a punch before being knocked down by the reigning duopoly.

5. Kefo just called me old 😂

6. Unbelievably mysoginistic.

7. Or your parents were just fairly conservative 😅

8. Oh my parents were VERY conservative, yay I'm young again!

9. Idk who this person is soo

10. One of the best people ever 😌

11. Because he's talking facts and doesn't speak lies and he does it bcs it's something right for him not in order to earn cash or popularity

12. Oh and if you want to know why so many people like him, you won't find the answer here, bcs most of the people that like him won't be on this app, as you can see from the comments on this thread.