Merc Tax

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by TheSagittarian, Aug 17, 2021.

?

Is a Merc Tax a good idea?

1. Yes

11.5%
  2. No

65.4%
  3. Not interested

23.1%
  1. Hi forum lurkers.

I'm sure you're wanting to know what a "Merc Tax" is.

It's basically an idea/theory I have to deal with mercs that join your club just to hit the ec party then leave when it's finished. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Anyways, the idea is that Mercs pay/gift twice the amount a perm member would gift for an ec party.

Ex. I would gift 2 chibis at your club for cat cafe but you, as a perm, would only gift 1 chibi.

I know that mercs have a right to come and go as please. Heck, they can do whatever they want.
    But I'm just trying to find a way to deal with mercs and encourage perming.

So the pro's of a Merc Tax could be:
    - You get more gifts per ec party from mercs.
    - Increased possible inquiries about perming for clubs for the Members Benefit to gift 1 or however many you have to gift for an ec party.
    - Helps the club bank to buy cats/dogs when they need to.

Some of the con's of a Merc Tax could be:
    - Mercs less likely to visit your club due to increased gifting.
    - Mercs not following Merc Tax causing issues leading to farming/hits.
    - Scamming. ~Ex. Promising to gift second chibi or other from an alt or whatever but never does.

I don't know. That's the best I can think of. If you can think of something to add to the Pro's or Con's that's good or bad, let me know.

I don't expect everyone or anyone to implement a Merc Tax right away or even at all. Its just an idea I've been stewing over the past few days to deal with mercs that come and go for the ec parties.

2. Some of the con's of a Merc Tax could be:
    - Mercs less likely to visit your club due to increased gifting.
    - Mercs not following Merc Tax causing issues leading to farming/hits.
    - Scamming. ~Ex. Promising to gift second chibi or other from an alt or whatever but never does.

Then It's better to not to ask people to join club during an ec party for gifts, slow parties gives more cash as I know so it will be better if u do ec parties only with club perms. ๐Ÿ˜‚

3. I think it's better to join a kini club without investing 2-3c on one single cat / dog/ invite ๐Ÿ˜‚

For 2c people can get 4 parties in a kini club.

#Please don't ignore kini like we ignore peps ๐Ÿ˜‚

4. I think mercs will try to join your club regardless if you ask or not. Fortunately, my club doesnt need mercs anymore to complete an ec party. But the mercs still apply. Sometimes we let them in, sometimes we dont.

But the biggest issue is being used for that one ec party when they could perm for more.

But hey, thats up to them. So why not introduce an incentive to perm?

5. Men will be men and merc will be merc.
    Doesn't matter howmany ec party you initiate to attract a player to be a perm, they will leave at the end of get free ec party on another club.

If you don't need merce why calling people people?

There are more clubs than players, everyone starting club and trying to get perms , it's not easy to get perms.

6. If I ever want to be a perm I should complete the party complete awards first then I'll try to find a club to be a perm member and it's good to hop and help others to unlock parties and complete it,

7. Merc tax ๐Ÿ˜‚ then if anyone perm in yo club will you give any monthly salary to them? To be a perm forever?
    Goshhh ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

8. Who say's we're calling people? I said "Fortunately, my club doesn't need mercs anymore."

As to your second point, thats the problem with pimd. Everybody's trying to start a club in pimd instead of finding a good club to perm at. 80% of the time, it doesn't work out because they're inexperienced or don't have the resources.

Going back to the Merc Tax, a new club dropping for an ec party will help them invest to more ec parties. A club that does more ec parties would probably be more likely to get new perms.

9. If you r saying you can complete ec parties without inviting outsiders to pay you to do a party then it's better no to ask people to join club and pay for doing parties, basically shitt idea and wtf is merc tax? It's sounds like someone asking for donations ๐Ÿ˜‚

10. For example: if you take 2c each for each cat party and you doing 5xcatbparties, so merce have to pay 10c for 5cats, it's better to go to a slow kini club where they will get 4parties for 2c so 40parties for 10c, it's better than doing cats.

#merc tax = shit idea

11. I mean, its no better than forcing your members to gift you for an ec party thats already giving you an advantage as opposed to someone who doesn't spend money on the game.

But here we are.

Yes, we are not obliged to gift, but that comes with consequences. However, nobody has asked you to buy a cat or dog and drop it for them.

I'm only just trying to go along with Pimd's current standards.

As for myself, I always discourage people gifting me when I drop a cat or whatever. You can ask my club. However, I will not refuse a gift because rejecting a gift would be rude.

Although, I will refuse a hunt box. Like, if you don't wanna gift, just don't. Lol

12. A lot of people I know hate mandatory gifting rules to begin with, so I definitely see this as a con for many mercs. I see why you'd want it from a club runner perspective though. And some people might be fine paying, but I forsee it being difficult to enforce, unless you're making them pay before they enter the club during an EC party.

So maybe a club who implemented this could kick mercs before EC parties and make them gift before inviting them back. Extra work all around tbh but it's an option if a club wanted to do the tax. Mercs could always say they wanna perm and pay the lower fee and then leave so that could be problematic depending on how you work that out.

I don't personally like the tax, but some mandatory gifting clubs probably would. I like that you're thinking of new ideas at least. Keep that up. Holding on to perms is one of the hardest parts of running a club so new ideas are always good to think about. I hope you get some extra feedback that's more helpful

13. Idk try it and see what happens

14. Mercs already have to pay to enter a premium party. Its your own fault if you let them in before they pay

15. Thats why as a club, we closed doors. Do you really honestly believe, that I made this thread thinking there wouldnt be holes like that?

Omg. Its my fault for letting mercs in.
    Closed the club for ec parties. Simple and done.

Omg. You're inviting mercs.
    We stopped inviting mercs for ec parties as we can now hold our own. This thread only applies to ec parties and not regular parties.

Instead of bashing and trolling, how about using that brain to contribute like Atlas did. I'm looking for ideas on either why this is a bad idea or a good idea. Not criticism on what I do in or for my club.

16. It was a general statement. And anyone who charges mercs to join potd is completely fuckd and their club wont last anyway. Ive never heard of it being a thing apart from once and that club died out fast as well

17. Fair point. I havent been to a club that doesnt charge its members for an ec parties. Except for cc clubs.

Obviously cc and ds clubs are exluded because if they made their members gift for each party, they wouldnt last very long.

18. Sir Atlas commented his think of view and maybe to encourage you so you don't start crying at the end. Me, u, dino etc we r all members of same family so if you think we eat grass in the morning then what do you?

19. The club you are in is one of the oldest clubs in PIMD so please try to keep its reputation good , try to help merc perc etcc.

You can take tax from people to get into a historical monument๐Ÿคฃ

If you need donation to run ec party in club then don't initiate cat dogs etc. Initiate a kini it will cost 20c and if 40people hits and everyone pay 1c then u will get chibis to buy another kini and repeat the process to be a billionaire ๐Ÿคฃ

#Grandpa needs rest

20. Can you try to be more contributive please.