What I like and don't like about Daily XC

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by AzureDragoon, May 21, 2021.

1. It's a good means to incentivize being active on the game. Compared to it's previous iteration though, it feels more difficult to get the same rewards.

Assuming you unlock 3 timer boxes per day, you still need participate in 12 completed parties to hit the maximum of 225. That's more than a little excessive given that most parties won't be done in less than 2 hours on average.

I would rather see a rebalance where parties are more emphasized and it only takes 8 (after the 3 timer boxes) to get full points. It won't stop bigger and tougher parties from being a hurdle, but that's fine. There are still reasonable options for getting points to make up the difference.

2. The goal is to use speedups and upgrade pets and furniture. To be actively growing and progressing. Not to just complete parties and open timer boxes.

3. I shouldn't feel compelled to use bonuses, like speed ups and spinner spins.

Being active and hitting parties also does WAY more to improve your ability to upgrade than a possible stat item or afew extra drops.

4. Bring back hunt drops as a prize!

Though maybe make the amount vary like in other boxes? I guess they figured the first iteration have out too many drops but I liked having another "free" way to get drops.

MayaTheHopeful likes this.
  5. The issue with this argument is that upgrades become increasingly difficult at higher levels. It takes 15 days to feed my current pet, and buying enough recycle furniture to maintain a daily upgrade schedule would be so exorbitantly expensive that I don’t even want to think about it. In my case, the contribution of upgrades to my daily XC score is negligible.

The only practical way for me to get all three stars without using the spinner was to become a nomadic LBH hitter since it often isn’t possible to finish enough parties with a POTD club.

6. Upgrade smaller pets. Upgrade starter furniture sitting there useless in your inventory. Use speed ups for timer boxes. Be creative.

7. Ah, yes, because upgrading pets always takes the same amount of time at all levels. I'm also always gonna have these resources after needing to constantly use them up just to obtain a bonus that's definitely not worth the extra effort.

Only new players benefit in that regard. And that's not fair to every other player in the game. If the aim is to promote daily activity, it needs to be standardized for all players. That means encouraging actively hitting parties and timely opening up timer boxes. Otherwise, the bigger players get shafted for no real reason.

8. Surely you have some small pets under level 5 that you can upgrade, and everyone gets those pesky wooden boxes from parties if they aren't maxed, so you can recycle and upgrade starter furni. In addition, everyone gets at least one speed up box a day that can contribute to opening boxes or upgrading pets. I don't know how on earth newbies benefit, especially when many noob clubs fail or take way longer to finish parties. In addition, it could be argued that hopping to lbh would be better suited to larger players as smaller players may be declined to join because they won't contribute as much damage to the party. Like Witchy said, be creative. If you truly want those rewards that you deem "not worth the effort" then you'll put in the effort for them because you obviously believe they are worth the effort. ALSO, need I say that one of the rewards for being active 25 days is a virtually "free" monthly avatar? You don't even have to be active every single day of the month; I started saving spins to help me get over the edge when harder parties were potd.

Sorry for rambling, I just hate when people complain because something requires effort to be earned ☺️

9. Since it wasn't obvious, I'm not opposed to effort towards earning something. My issue comes with the requirements being high enough that you lose out on something; whether it be a stock of speed ups, spins or opening stuff that's WAY less likely to actually help you improve.

Now, being condescending about the issue tells me that you are not here to discuss things. You just want to pretend you have high ground by rehashing an already debunked argument as if it was irrefutable fact sent down by a deity.

ATA has continually choked down on what players can get for free. This is no exception. You are free to kiss their boots and treat anything they do as a divine gift. I will not. I will criticize them, and I do not care for your type where your only reason for saying anything is to pretend there's baseless complaints.

10. Lol, okay

11. Sorry that people gave you different ways to finish the task thing and you decide to ignore them 🤷

12. You clearly didn't read the complaint at all then. Are you going to continue proving me right about your motives and purpose here? Because as I already said, you're doing nothing to actually contribute to the discussion.

13. It’s a game. There were plenty of ways to play this portion of it and get the token every day. You chose to not use your speedups and furniture upgrade materials. Which was your option. But don’t keep fussing about how unfair it was. It was definitely possible.

14. If you play for the long game, you don't have any issues really.

Kefo likes this.
  15. If I don't complain when something is already unfair, then ATA will take that as incentive to be even LESS fair.

Possible wasn't the problem. It was the failure to properly incentivize what does help you grow stronger, faster. Your "rebuttal" was "upgrade useless/less useful things". And, as I said before, it should not be making me prioritize my limited resource usage. That should be to make up the difference for either lacking daily activity or when the potd is a long one. It should not be when potd is anything but an easy one.

This is before the fact the avatar stats were worse than BASIC hunt avatars, only good for collection purposes at best. Maybe they looked good to someone else, that was definitely not my opinion.

Regardless of my opinion on the avatars, they were not worth the trouble by any means. The focus on using speed ups over simply being active is scummy on ATA's part. And I'm calling them out on it. You're free to disagree, but do not claim that I have no basis after you JUST admitted it was unfair in the first place.

Kefo likes this.
  16. Are you the only admin on calling LBH? I don't think potd is ever intensive. They can be hard for the club but increasing your apm/intensity such that ur distracted from other tasks is a pretty rare demand of parties.

It would be worth sharing a screenshot of the XC so we can annotate it. I forget what's on it.