Doggos

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DinosAreTheOldestCars, May 26, 2021.

1. Do you have 1? Or more?
    How much does it cost you each month to look after your doggo?
    Food, vet bills, registration...everything.
    In total. Just a average cost

Say your money as well so i can convert. And say how big or small your doggo is (miniture, small, small-medium, medium, medium-large, large, giant) coz different size dogs need different amount of food and doses for meds

I refuse to be 1 of them people that take on a dog then take them to the pound coz cant afford it coz didnt research anything before even looking at getting a pet. This is the last thing i needa find out about. I know prices will change but i will just see again closer to the time as well. Atm i just wanna get a idea in how much it costs

2. Dog! Doggo is a shît word!

3. Doggo is a great word

4. A made up word! It’s not cute! It’s stupid,it’s not great! I am tho .. ty bye

5. All words are made up

eileen likes this.
  6. It really depends on where you are and the exact breed and dog. However, I’ll give a little break down of my now oldest doggie since he’s on the more expensive side out of ones we’ve had. We also have a puppy but that cost goes from $200 to $30 depending on the month, lol.

He’s a black Labrador retriever and Great Pyrenees mix (about medium-large size) that’s 12 years old, meaning we personally don’t have nearly as many vet costs anymore.

Our usual monthly costs come to $75-100 usd (all of the cost will be USD).
    This includes food ($32 for one 30lb of dry food), dog treats ($20), and a 30 day tick and flea medication from our local vet office ($35).

His average vet visit cost for getting things like necessary rabies shots were usually around $80 (the vet charged based on weight) and we’ve had about 5 visits in total, but it varies.

7. Im leaning towards a frenchie. They match me good and i still like them. My mains dogs i was wanting when was younger was wolf dog but i i thi wolfs are illegal here and im im not putting a animal thru the stress of being shipped half way across the world. And also im not a natural alpha which isnt a good thing when being around a wolf coz they will take the alpha spot then.
    N then also husky, german shepard or rottweiler. But i wouldnt be able to look after either of them right. I did a pedigree test and it gives a list of breeds that match what you can give and yehh

eileen likes this.
  8. Ik it all depends on the dog but atm im just wanting a idea on pricing so ik what i at least need to be at money wise

9. Our puppy is a Husky and german Shepard mix, they’re definitely a lot of work. He’s been one of our more expensive doggies as far as the vet goes. I do recommend looking into the health of frenchies heavily and how that can be costly, the breed is known to be on the expensive side.

10. Yehh the breeders im watching they are even working on breeding their noses out to help their breathing as well. So maybe by the time i get to owning a doggo they wont have breathing issues anymore

eileen likes this.
  11. I have one, she's a chihuahua mix so she is small but not tiny (also 10 years old). Chronic teeth problems that have cost me probably close to 2k (canadian dollars for your conversion) a lot of small dogs have this problem. Simply the anesthesia will set you back quite a bit when it's needed.

She also had a recent liver problem that cost me about $1,600 (keep in mind this was strictly tests and the medication only cost like $100 per month)

She just had the liver issues a month ago so I can't exactly quote the food costs cause we have been trying to figure out what works best but generally when she was eating kibble it was maybe $30 -50 a month with treats.

Also grooming might be another thing you have to budget for depending on the kind of maintenence your dog needs. I don't have a personal estimate for this though cause she doesn't go to the groomers.

I've had people recommend pet insurance and honestly, could be worth it in the long run. I would recommend looking into common health issues that arise for the specific breed you want, just to know approximately what other kind of procedures or conditions you might run into in the future.

My sister has a Shiba and didn't know they are prone to glaucoma, so her girl now has no eyes. She is good! But these things happen and just gotta be prepared.

DinosAreTheOldestCars likes this.