Feature Suggestion: Recycling Avatars

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Lizos, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Would you like to recycle unwanted avatars into keys, ECs or something similar?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    44.8%
  3. Unsure

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. I know the topic of trading avatars has come up many times, and that’s not what I’m suggesting here, nor am I asking for old hunt Avis to come back around—but, I’m sure we all have heaps of Avis that we don’t use/don’t want/are cool but not our preferred gender etc. It would be nice to have something to do with them, as they currently just sit there being of no use to anyone. I can’t think of a much more bleh experience in pimd than when you get an ultra rare drop and aw man... it’s an avatar for a gender you’re never going to use. Being able to recycle these avatars into keys, ECs or something similar would be a nice way to give unwanted Avis a purpose and make them feel like they weren’t just going to waste ☺️

yam and -_Hope_- like this.
  2. This would probably never happen. I think it’s been addressed before as well but I don’t remember. I also don’t think having a free item change into something like ecs is all that fair for them as a company but it gave me an idea now that you brought it up.
    It would seem kinda cool if you could upgrade the stats of avatars with the recycled parts of other avis. Kinda like furniture if you were to recycle it and then use it to upgrade other items. There are avis I like for stats and other’s I like for looks. But what if one of those super low stat avis could be upgraded to more reasonable stats with the current average stats used? I think it’d be kinda cool. There could be tiers and it will only go so high. Nothing besides the stats would change.
    However, seeing as we already get vip and non vip versions of some avis, like from the hunts, I highly doubt this would ever happen and some people might see it as unnecessary. Which it is but it seems like an interesting thing.
    I’m not really into pvp but imagine having an avi that someone might think is lower stats than it actually is because you’ve upgraded it. Nobody except the user would know what the actual stats of the avi are if it’s leveled up. Granted if they know the original stats and how much it can possibly go up with each level then they might have an idea but it wouldn’t just be out there like the current ones. There’s probably lots of issues with this but I felt like putting it out there sorry.

-_Hope_-, Reee and LeeJarrett like this.
  3. It doesn’t have to be ECs, that was more just ideas of what they could be recycled into ☺️. My main want is for something to do with my unwanted avatars.

I agree ECs might be a weird one, but tbh a lot of games allow you to receive regular premium currency through loot box style systems. Your idea of having them be recycled like furniture to increase stats in a tiered way is def interesting, but may take some work to be balanced due to the 190% Avis being super costly and hard to come by ones currently.

I do however disagree with the whole “unfair to the company” narrative that’s going on atm whenever ways to restructure how avatars work come up. I don’t think ATA would ever support a feature like this because it doesn’t cost users $$$ in a very immediate way, and that’s their game model. Not dissing the model at all, that’s just how it is. But, ATA make bank from the way this game is monetised. Opening 40 boxes costs the equivalent of £40 in keys and the VIP membership costs £80 a month. That’s extreme for any game and doesn’t even really scrape the surface of all the transactions available. Again, not dissing, I spend more than a fair amount on this game, have been here a long time and have watched it evolve into what it is now and I knew what I was signing up for when I returned, but I don’t think suggesting a way to repurpose some of the money that’s been spent on the game into a way that’s useful to the user and provides an improved user experience is unfair at all.

I think a system like this could also be beneficial to ATA as it may incentivise people who would have otherwise not spent as much on keys to spend more on keys etc if they knew there would be some kind of gain on receiving a good, but unwanted avatar — that’s the bracket I fit into, so I guess I’m suggesting this from the point of view of my own spending habits ☺️.

New features always need to provide some kind of monetary gain for the developer, that’s a given, and I think if done right a feature like this could be a gain for both the users and ATA ☺️.

4. Oh I guess since I don’t spend money and try to find all the options for how to get things without having to I never really see it as a reason because I’ve been able to get things in a number of other ways. But I think I see your pov. Rather than keys or ecs, maybe it would be more reasonable to turn into 1 avatar coin or something since it falls into the same category. Those coin avatars are kinda overpriced for the stats imo so that would be cool. I think it would mainly benefit just the players though

5. Hell no.

V_Witchy_101 likes this.

6. For sure, I do think if done in a certain way ATA could gain from it though ☺️ The avatar coins is an interesting one because it could definitely be a catalyst for getting money out of the less spendy types. If you managed to get some avatar coins from recycled avatars (or perhaps broken up avatar coins that would combine after a certain amount of pieces so it wasn’t super easy to collect), seeing that it now costs less to purchase an avatar you like the look of it could incentivise people who wouldn’t have otherwise spent the money to spend, as it’s now within budget. It’s all about creating that hook ☺️.

7. Ata have already said no to this
    'why would you want to cut up your friends?'

8. I knew I had seen them responding to this somewhere before! I remember reading that response I had just forgotten where it was...

9. They’re not my friends 😂😂 ata can have them back 😂😂

also I only came back to this game a couple of months ago after 5 years away so I’m sorry if I’m rehashing old debates 🥺 to say the game has evolved a lot is an understatement — seriously wild how it’s changed and grown 😮

-_Hope_- likes this.
  10. Would I like to do something with my unwanted avis? Yes

Would this ever be implemented? Unfortunately, no

But! I love the open discussion going on 🥰

11. That implies that the avatars are separate individuals from the people using them, which would mean that they’re not avatars by definition. Way to go, ATA!

Like a lot of other posters on this thread, I don’t have a 190% avatar despite being able to afford one because I don’t like any of the recently released ones, and the ones that I do like have low stats. I know it’s unlikely to ever happen, but I’d very much appreciate being able to upgrade avatars like with furniture.

-_Hope_- and Lizos like this.
  12. This one is semi fresh. Only been around about 1yr? I think. But yehh