Is marriage against men?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CrimeFightinCactus, Mar 7, 2021.

1. so I stumbled upon this random ass video and the peep in the video said that men are afraid to get married because the marriage and court system is designed to fuck men over in the ass without a condom and it got me thinking is marriage really against men or are these false narratives started by dudes cuz the dude said women win most custody case simply because they are women that you get yo house taken away most of the time and all that shit so is marriage a bad deal for men or are these dudes exaggerating ? Personally I'd love to get married some day you know but it does make ya think

2. This topic has a lot of gray areas.
    Ideally, marry the person you intend to spend your life with and this won’t be an issue 🤷🏻‍♀️
    At one point in time, when more women were stay at home moms I believe it was set up to help the women survive after a divorce, ya know going from someone supporting you and paying the bills to being on your own with no job or home or anything ... that’s not saying that there havnt been men who have gotten pretty screwed because I know a few who have, but again, there’s not a black and white answer here. And a lot goes into a divorce hearing and settlements, whether kids are involved, if both of them work, belongings, what’s in who’s name, how long they were married... so I don’t think you’re going to get the answer you’re looking for

3. That process you are describing is called divorce or separation. And yes, in that process, it has been objectively found that women tend to get more than they really should, and men end up with the short end of the stick.

However I believe that marriage itself is to the benefit of both men and women in equal measure.

Family courts tend to be biased against men. Male aggression is abhorred more by society than female aggression which is often either accepted or denied.

The main area of bias is in that women are viewed by the courts and society moreover as having a greater right to, connection to, etc. their children than men.

This bias is present in debates over abortion in which men have attempted to have a voice over whether their partner aborts his child or not. Many people simply dismiss his connection to the kid saying "it's her body, it's up to her".
    Myths of a maternal instinct hold this up and many women feel shame at not feeling some magical/unearthly spark with their children.

But this is something I believe we as a society need to move beyond, especially in the current frame in which women are starting to work as much and sometimes more than men, and therefore are spending similar amounts of time with the kids as their partner. It is unfair to assume that a mother is more or less attached to her kids or more or less able to provide for them.

Both parents should have, in theory, equal rights to their kids. I know I spent equal amounts of time with my parents after their divorce and am currently best supported by my dad despite him working much longer hours than my mum.

Moving onto houses and wealth divisions in divorce , you can have a prenuptial agreement which basically fixes all of that.

Whenever dealing with property, moving into a place, or sharing big things with anyone, it's important to consider what could happen if things turn to shit and get some agreements down on paper.

Also to those of you who are considering sharing a house or boarding, etc. You can download and print out an "occupancy agreement" which entitles you to certain occupancy rights. Proving their infringement with the agreement already in place baaically guarantees you win in court. It's lighter than a tenant agreement but will still save you from bs.

Ghastly likes this.
  4. I d
    I didn’t read your whole essay ... but marriage is just a money scam

5. When you married the chick then owns 50% of everything even if she never bort it herself. Seen stuff of some guys end up homeless coz of that shit

6. Don't stick your dïck in crazy and you'll be fine.

7. Did you just say that... mister have you not heard of pre nut insanity...? Once you get it its over for you you are done it doesn't matter nothing matters anymore it doesn't matter if she tall short 21 years old or 60 years old attractive or not attractive skiny slim big... sane, insane, crazy, dumb smart... none of it matters when you're at the knees of pre nut insanity what matters is that you get that fucking nut... thousands of years of evolution every cell in your fucking body urging you to get that nut and you can't just go against your biology at the point in time, you can't just ignore it, tame it or even control it but you must fucking honor that shit. Men have died for the pussy waged war for the pussy conqured for da pussy and sinned for the pussy simped for the pussy lied for the pussy gone from dirt poor to rich rich for da pussy it is ingrained in our biology many men can deny that shit but they know its true they love the pussy also crazy and hot sex go hand and hand men have sticked it in crazy for thousands of years and will continue to do so you can't stop it kthx thanks for coming to my Ted talk

8. Yeah I don't have that problem. Perhaps you should abstain for awhile while you gain control of yourself

This_Is_Jessie likes this.
  10. You know I'm right I speak realities even if it goes against men you know you get pre nut insanity kefo and don't you dare lie

11. I am a kid of divorce. In my state, as most states, if you're over the age of 12, you get to pick which parent you want to live with. Most kids also have an idea who they'd rather live with. My parents divorce was friendly, so it didn't even have to be battled in court. If you are both civilized adults about it, you don't have to go to court, which also saves you a bunch of money on lawyer fees. If you plan on being a jerk, not paying child support, keeping the kids all to yourself, and treating the other parent of your children like crap; maybe you should rethink marriage and children now before you've done it. My sister and I stayed with our mom, then after high school, I moved in with my dad until he passed away. I also had a few female friends who lived with their dads, and many who moved back and forth. These stories I hear are usually dead beat dads who think they're being ordered to pay too much in child support. Kids are expensive, you should have thought of that before creating them. You don't just dump them once they're 18 either, like the out-dated court system says you do. If you want your kid to be a stable adult, they need some support after they're 18. Imagine being ready to graduate high school, and dad's going to stop the child support right as you're going into college. You still have to list BOTH PARENTS income on your financial aid applications, it assumes both parents will contribute. The people really screwed over by the courts and system seem to be the children.

TheGreenSlytherinGirl likes this.
  12. Get a prenup before u get married boys and girls, especially u boys.

13. I don't believe in prenup i go in at 100% without looking back getting a house from me? Nah I don't plan on owning a house that shit is overrated af you can take my car tho that shit falling apart

14. Prenup is for everyone!