‘Anemonous’ PIMD Gaming Community: A Better Experience

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by Poseidon777, Mar 6, 2021.

1. My friends and I recently started a pimd Gaming Community called ‘Anemonous’. We have a club as our in-game presence, but the community goes beyond clubs!

Our goal is to build a system in which players who are against Bullying and Unethical/Petty Farming can hang out together, share info and resources, and help each other in whatever way we can/are comfortable with. We want to create a better and healthier in-game experience for all members of our in-game community.

People can join as basic community members (only committed to following community rules) or as allies (who are dedicated to confronting this issue head on, even if it means more attention from those who are bullying or farming unethically).

All we ask of anyone who joins the community is that they not engage in unethical/petty use of the PvP system (i.e. Bullying or Farming players for hiring underpriced tutors). Other than that, just be respectful, don’t harass anyone, and don’t be creepy.

We currently have a Discord, and we are building a Reddit community as well.

Anyone who is interested is welcome to join as long as they abide by the community rules!

Feel free to wall and add me for more info!

EmeryJade and CrimsonGrape like this.
  2. Our Key Ideas & Influences:

•Maximum Freedom for Everyone is Ideal
    -And typically what people truly seek when they are looking for a more fulfilling experience/life.

Maximize Personal Freedom without Infringing on Freedom of Others

Society Formed to Improve Quality of Life for All Involved

Organization is a Natural Occurrence Deeply Connected with Evolution

Everything Can Be Explained as A Series of Interconnected Systems

Leverage, Judo, Jiu Jitsu, Tai-Chi, Taoism.
    -The Connection is flexibility and the wisdom of knowing “when to flow and when to crash” as Bruce Lee put it.

Understanding How All Systems at Play are Interconnected and Interacting with One Another
    -Typically The Best Way to Begin Developing an Effective Solution

Many Principles & Strategies That Apply in Life Also Apply in Social RPG’s like PIMD
    -Because of Social Psychology. We are social creatures. Pimd is a very social, user-driven game.

PIMD is a Highly Social Game with A Lot of Freedom for the Players to Decide How to Play and Run things In the Game

Problems like Bullying and Unethical Farming are Best Solved by Socially Organizing and Creating Efficient Systems and Resources that are Easy to Use and that:

1. Help Those Who Play in a Way that Supports Best Quality of Play for All to Succeed and Thrive in the game.

2. Make it Difficult for those Who Oppose Better Quality of Play for All to Succeed and Thrive in the game.

3. Support Accountability

CrimsonGrape likes this.
  3. Good luck dude.

Would like to see your organisation get big enough to where they can effectively defend people getting farmed over random tutor hires.

Poseidon777 likes this.
  4. Teaching players how to pvp also helps a little bit too.

Poseidon777 and Muschi like this.
  5. Good luck pose, you’re already doing so well since you’ve not long ago started this! Can’t wait till the community grows more.

Poseidon777 likes this.
  6. Thanks for the encouragement, so would we!

7. Also wanted to mention that your Education and PvP Guides have both been in my watched threads for awhile, so thank you for helping me get to this point!

8. Thanks for all of your support and encouragement, Grape!❤️

9. I stopped reading at 'unethical farming', no support

10. Are you using the word anemone as an adjective? I've spent like 2 mins trying to figure out what anemonous means

Maddi_Matsu and Poseidon777 like this.
  11. My first thought was Finding Nemo.

Poseidon777 likes this.
  12. Haha! So the name is actually a really lame joke...

My username is Poseidon and so the name is like if ‘Anonymous’ and a Sea Anemone had a baby...

Horrible, I know

13. Well it is supposed to be a safe community; kinda like how clown fish can live in an Anemone and be protected from predators.

We all protect each other and the community makes us stronger!

14. Ah, so you started reading😏

CrimsonGrape likes this.
  15. Yes how else would I know what to not support 🤦‍♀️

Poseidon777 and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  16. Big yikes

Poseidon777 likes this.
  17. I started hiring them. Had one fuss because he wanted to stay with his previous pupil, then call me names on my wall. I’m not sure they are all committed to this movement. Unfortunately, they are too small to test their true feelings about unfair and unethical pvp.

Poseidon777 likes this.
  18. Get a life.

Poseidon777 likes this.
  19. Gg

Poseidon777 likes this.
    • I’m honestly sorry to hear that someone complained about this. A lot of the members in our club are still new and we haven’t finished designing our education program yet.

• We need more committed members in general to help us build our vision, that’s one of the reasons I made a thread here in the forum.

Funny side note:
    I had a feeling you might be testing us! Lol I saw you hiring almost everyone in the club after I posted here and then I saw on your wall that you might’ve farmed someone to get them to apologize for being racist and that’s why I tried adding you. Thought maybe I could learn from your perspective on some of these things if we talked.