Life is funny

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lIlIllVash-The-StampedelIlIllI, Feb 27, 2021.

1. It's funny to think something belongs to you while we're all slowly dying and not even this face and body is permanent. Your business can go away, your hands can be cut off rendering you unable to work, you can go blind and lose everything, losing a single finger can compromise your whole ability to do office work properly.

All this money, parents, relatives, friends, spouse, children, nothing is really permanent.

Your values are permanent but you might let go of them when push comes to to shove for a decisive retreat.

Your deeds will be permanent but one day everyone will forget them eventually.

Your impact is permanent and still is just important as a butterfly who flapped it's wings 1000 years ago.

Do I mean to say that we should all become monks and give up on wealth and worldly luxuries?
    No, I will still keep fantasizing about conquering the world and having billions.
    Still keep working towards the change that I want to make.
    Still keep working on my plans to be able to help people.
    But I just need to remember, that I can't get attached to any of it. I am just a fragile mortal and everything can be taken away but I will keep using the cards that I have been delt and make the most of out them.
    Life is funny and meaningless, quite cruel at times to be honest.
    There are many ways to succeed at life.
    But whining, complaining and acting entitled is probably not one of them.
    After all, you're but a fragile piece of rotting flesh like everyone around you.

eileen and MAXIMUS-AutumnLeaves like this.
  2. To much words 😶

3. Just remember you are unique. Just like everybody else. So you're not so unique. Just enjoy your short and meaningless life. Maybe yiu can impact the life of a few people around you, a d if that impact outlives you, great. That's really all you can hope for.

4. I can't take this post seriously it gives me fake deep vibes you're saying what people have said for thousands of years you can probably find half of this stuff in the Bible or in time magazine so to me it comes out as fake deep yeah we all know life is unfair at this point if you're 18+ and haven't realized that then you're either sheltered or dumb af come back wit something more insightful

5. Hi Vash hope ur doing well

6. It's not deep, neither was it meant to be. It's very redundant, basic and trivial information. And I am happy but somehow as humans we always forget it. It was about being able to to live to your fullest with a knife being closer to your heart. If all you could understand was that life is unfair, I guess your life experiences are different and it's okay for it to be like that. Things have been said for thousands of years, I know. I have been reading a lot of Ancient Greek and Ancient Chinese texts lately. It's funny how something has survived over thousands of years and even with all these improvements, life hasn't changed much at all.
    Whatever I said, yes, it can feel trivial to some and it is, I agree. I have kind of felt it with my experiences now.
    You can read stuff in Bible or any scripture of your liking and it's just an idea you agree with. It's only when life will test you, you'll know if you had some values or just ideas you superficially pretended to like and agree with. Then again, you like me are just human. Somethings I knew as common sense 24 years ago, they might hit you like a truck in your late 60s and some stuff that I'll never figure out is what you might have known since your childhood.

Why all this anger and agression though? Is everything alright? Do you need help?

7. Hi Hailey, I am good, life's at a better spot now than it's ever been, I am moving forwards and making progress.
    Thanks for looking out. I hope you're doing great as well.

Muschi likes this.
  8. I am ♥️ I got a promotion at a job I just started over the summer. I'm now full-time and in charge of my own department -- I supervise the shoes. I'm glad you're doing well and I wish the best for you

9. Awww, I am so proud of you. It's a great achievement.
    I had quit my last job as an SAP ABAP developer, kind of a Junior Engineer while I was still in my final year of my Masters and writing my research paper on Search Engine algorithms in last March. Job was good but wasn't for me, I mean salary was decent but I couldn't possibly imagine my career there. At the same time the lockdown thing happened.
    I had other offers but due to lockdown and recession I wasn't getting follow-ups, so, I was shit scared and with no job for 7-8 months. So, you know it's scary. Had things gone south, I'd have been sad, depressed and everyone around me would have blamed me for my decisions as well.
    Finally, I joined as a Full Stack Developer kind of like a Dev Op too with Cloud development 2-3 months ago (It's a career level above the Junior Engineer as well). I love this field as I can work freelance as well down the road. Plus, my degree and research paper etc were published right on time for me to be eligible to join. It's good, but yeah Covid had all the potential to ruin me over. And governments, Universities etc were slow af.
    I know people who had offers from the Big four companies and couldn't join coz their degrees didn't finish. So, I feel really bad for them.
    I am happy that this year is better so far. And to hear that you have been doing great makes me a lot happy too now.

10. Much love vash, jopo, muschi

Ka-Ka-KarotCake likes this.
  11. Love you too flocc

12. Look up Tl; dr vash🌚