Are insulin spikes really that bad

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CrimeFightinCactus, Feb 26, 2021.

1. so from my understanding whenever we eat something our insulin/sugar spikes up.. certain foods make those insulin spikes lesser than others unhealthy foods that spikes up your sugar and insulin but are sugar spikes really bad they say when our insulin and sugar spikes up that it damages our arteries but shouldn't our arteries be designed to handle the spikes... I ain't want plaque or cholesterol in my beautiful arteries but are insulin sugar spikes whatever really that bad

2. I mean maybe after a couple millennia of the way the modern food industry's artificial mass production and preservation of food. Stuff like type 2 diabetes is a more recent health crisis because of it. Stuffing our bodies with these excess artifical sugars is something that's come about in the last hundred years. Evolution takes more time than that

3. You arteries we designed for a hunter gatherer diet, not doughnuts and ice cream.

4. I want to go back in time and give people in antiquity McDonald's or some shit and see what happens

5. Can do that now. Just go to some remote place in africa. Will probly be the same thing

6. First off why you have 1738 threads