Worst PIMD Ad So Far

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GodTierOni, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Why are the POC avatars white washed?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    WHY’D YOU MAKE MY FAVORITE BOY WHITE??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ATA be like: Lmaooo BLM ACAB wE suPpOrT aLl PoC🤪🤪🤪

But are also like: You will forfeit your melanin if you want to be in this advertisement.

X0X0, -_Hope_-, Muschi and 2 others like this.
  2. for the first time in years, i like what ata is doing

3. They are advertising for the TikTok crowd. Shame on you for having it.

Mud, x_FluorescentEllis_x and Alicia like this.
  4. you’re surprised by this?? LOL

UrAClown likes this.
  5. TikTok is beautiful tho. I love the ease of people sharing their art and opinions and it just appearing on my page even if they're random strangers I've never seen before.

Azari, Ghastly, Alicia and 1 other person like this.
  6. I don’t have it but I have a former coworker always sending me feminist and native pride stuff so I can appreciate 🥰

Azari, Ghastly and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  7. It ain't about race, they're trying to show that you can be whoever you want on the game. Smh

8. Oh yeah people of color don’t get boosted. Makes sense

-_Hope_-, Muschi and UrAClown like this.
  9. Either they are too lazy and cheap to hire models of deeper skin complexion that could match their avatars or it's just the lack of diversity on the ATA team

-_Hope_- and Alicia like this.
  10. Appreciate the call out here as there is always room to do better when it comes to allyship.
    I believe this was a collab with a specific TikTok influencer/group. Thats why you'll notice its all the same male/female models for each photo.
    But there certainly should be some awareness of whitewashing.

I'll make sure the appropriate team hears the feedback. Thanks!

Mud, makememoan291, Ghastly and 6 others like this.
  11. I find it weird how it was just that one avatar too. There's other avatars of color in the mix that weren't changed to be white.

I wonder if they pulled the avatar images just off of Google and came across that one that had been edited by a third party like a fan or something? I'm not sure if these TikTok influencers actually play PIMD or were just contracted to advertise it. If the latter, it's more likely they wouldn't have that familiarity to "fact check" it. But I'm not sure how much creative freedom these people get when it comes to sponsorships and how much oversight ATA gives.

Definitely not okay but it's just really strange to me how it's literally just that one avatar, and that avatar wasn't even the darkest one. Even if it is a fan edit, it seems really well done to me too. Like if I didn't know what that avatar actually looked like, it wouldn't look edited to me at all.

Ghastly, -_Hope_- and Sansa like this.
  12. Advertising for the Tik Tok crowd? Half of the users on there are under 18 and under. That doesn’t seem right to me 🤔

Muschi likes this.
  13. If you use TikTok like myself, you’d be aware most of the users are under 18. Thus, I don’t think it’s appropriate to exploit this game on TikTok knowing you’ll be attracting little kids and young teens who are vulnerable to all these pedos that PIMD won’t do anything about!

14. I don’t think it’s appropriate to be advertising on TikTok knowing majority of Tiktokers are UNDER 18 (you’d know if you actually have TikTok yourself!) This game is supposed to be 18+ so keep it that way or deal with the PEDOS on this game 🤷‍♀️

15. True. They're actively increasing the likelihood of sexual predation by advertising on TikTok.

Ghastly and EIena like this.
  16. The worse ad I’ve seen from pimd is a college girl goes out partying gets pregnant from her ex. 💀

X0X0 likes this.
  17. yikes forever.