Has the Discord affected the forums?

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by Guy, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Personally, I believe the forums has become more of an informational base instead of communication platform since the Discord’s release. What do you guys think? There aren’t really many threads outside of the OG ones such as POTD, selfie thread, etc. Maybe I’m wrong?

2. Forums hasn’t been that “active” for the past 4-5 years. So, the discord really didn’t kill the forums. ATA killed forums.

Buwbuw, Ellyse, Muschi and 1 other person like this.
  3. its hard posting thread where people will post on them instead of lurking. Which is why I don't really make threads anymore.

Guy likes this.
  4. 100% yes. Used to be stuff all the time then discord started and now all gone

Guy likes this.
  5. Pimd has a discord? Wow times have changed

FairyLeLe and Guy like this.
  6. Ages ago

7. I felt it was still semi active up until they updated forums last. That was before discord but even so it really doesn't encourage the community to be active throughout forums anymore.

Muschi likes this.
  8. Yeah forum was slowing before the discord and the server isn't even very active, so I personally don't think it's had much of an effect in that way. Now that the discord is on the pimd load screen it may pick up in activity, but up until this point it wasn't gaining a lot of steam.

I think the newer player base just gets zero introduction to forum and they don't know what it is or how to use it. Evidenced by the people who ask what potd is for hours instead of checking the thread which would be way faster and more efficient. I would love to see more forum activity and I'm hoping it turns into part of the tutorial or something.

9. Can't say I agree upon forums as an info source past potd and th dev threads about current events/features. Never met a pixel that claimed forums taught them the game. Sources expire and mutate. Like the 'rona

Guy likes this.
  10. lol the discord server is just as dead as forums tbh

11. I don’t use it, I find the favoritism and ass-kissing inside of it weird as hell.

12. Personally I feel forums died long before discord... I blame it on the fake forum police 👮‍♀️ yeno those that are like “there’s a thread for this”

Guy likes this.
  13. People say “there’s a thread for this” so that forums doesn’t get cluttered and it’s not redundant lol

14. And to answer OP’s question, forums hasn’t been that active lately. Not many people posts threads anymore due to pimd discord server. Back in the days, we would have threads for every little detail and now it’s just like bare. However, that’s not the result of discord. Forums has been dead before discord was implemented lol

15. clutter on a dead forum?

16. My brain wasn’t functioning, 🤓🤓