LIMITED-TIME CONTENT February is Black History Month

Discussion in 'Events' started by ATA-Will, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Black History Month is an important time to step back and take stock of how we acknowledge and amplify Black voices and identities in our society. We wanted to make sure that this month's avatars and furniture are once again able to shine a light on the excellence and successes within the Black community.

As developers it is our responsibility to have our players be able to see themselves represented in game. By working together, we feel we have been able to include a variety of identities that reflect the diversity of our community. Being able to represent yourself is critical in the fight against discrimination and adversity, and we hope this helps.

This year for Black History Month content, we once again consulted with Multi AWARD-WINNING COMICS WRITER, EDITOR, AND PUBLISHER Taneka Stotts. Taneka brought fantastic insights from her incredible list of works and credits, to help us celebrate our new collection of avatars and content. These were inspired by high profile Afro-American musicians who used their platforms to push social change and encourage talks around racial equality.

We hope this content resonates with you and you love it as much as we do. If you have thoughts, feelings or feedback that you'd like to share, we greatly encourage you to do so in a forum post or in comments as we work to better our community together!

Thank you all for continuing to be the amazing humans you are <3
    -The ATA Fam

[​IMG]

In celebration of Black History Month we wanted to make sure these avatars were more accessible, so we have made them available to all for 5 ECs each. With the VIP versions available using Avatar Coins from Molly's Corner!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

VIP Avatars

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Items

[​IMG]
    February Items are here until noon PST on March 1st, 2021!
    Mini-Keyboard
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wool Hat and Dark Sunglasses
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Baby Blue Turtleneck
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Talented Teddy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Collect 5 of each to have them automatically combine into...
    Li'l Teddy Wonder
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Available through the Prize Spinner and February Timer Boxes until March 1st, 2021 at noon PST!

Furniture

[​IMG]
    Available through the Furniture Store and the Winter 2021 Furniture Box!
    [​IMG]

Timer Box

February Timer Boxes have a chance to drop:
    ☞ February Spinner Items
    ☞ February Avatars
    ☞ ✨Avatar Coins✨
    The content inside this Timer Box will be available until noon PST on March 1st 2021, as is tradition.[/I]

2. AHHHH I LOVE THISS OMG

TheGodOfScylla likes this.
  3. Cute spinner set 💕

TheGodOfScylla likes this.
  4. how cute

5. Cute!!! 🥰

6. Excellent!

Happy Black History month! Remember racial justice has not been established yet. 💪🙌 Keep fighting for equality.

7. Groovy!

Cinnabun likes this.
  8. Meh 🤔

GodNDevil likes this.
  9. Wow...for once in awhile I love the monthly avis😳 AND you can get them without buying the ridiculous tokens, changing, slowly but surely

_eef_, Prim, Ranger and 21 others like this.
  10. I loooove the dorm. Great content this month y'all.

11. The above desk reminds me of Jimi Hendrix I neeeeed it

12. 🙌 praise

RopeBunnie likes this.
  13. 1. I love that the normal avatars can be bought with ec. (Hope that is like this from now on.)
    2. It says vips can be bought with ec but the picture shows coins. 😬

_Lukas, Witchee, aidenboo93 and 4 others like this.
  14. Thank you ata this makes me proud beautiful avis and content love this 😍

BeautifullyBroken likes this.
  15. Also, thank you to Taneka Stotts for lendung her time, knowledge, and in expertise in helping ATA deliver some fantastic BHM content.

Amarilove, Cavalera, Yimi and 6 others like this.
  16. lending* fml -_-

17. 💃🏾🥰