Potatoes, the versatile queen

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ghastly, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Hello forumsrs of pimd, i would like to know how you all eat potatoes.

She is extremely delicious and versatile. you can eat her mashed, baked, fried, scalloped or even just eat the skin.

What is your favourite way to eat her? 🌚 I personally like her diced up & pan fried sprinkled with a bit of salt on top. Maybe even drizzle some ketchup on her too if i’m feeling it.

Blinking and Kefo like this.
  2. Mash. Or bake. Or boil. Or make fries

Ghastly likes this.
  3. this sounds canniballistic and torturous. Gimme mashed.

Ghastly likes this.
  4. Y’all just like plain ole mashed potatoes? you don’t add herbs/spices or even cheese to it?

5. Mash potatos: add butter and milk n its good
    Bake potatos: salt, black pepper, rosemary
    Boil potatos: put mint in the water with them
    Fries: shake up in a bag with salt, black pepper, garlic granules, onion powder, paprika and oil

Ghastly likes this.
  6. Now i’m hungry 😭

7. Make some then 😂

8. Potato salad is chill

Sometimes I add finely sliced potato strings to my stir fry

I made homemade potato chips once at a party but none were left for me to eat because as soon as I made a batch, everyone ate them all!

Most frequent way I use potatoes is in a roast because carrots are cheap and it's my favourite way to use up carrots and the carrots need potatoes to cut through the sweetness a bit. Cooked in chicken fat and seasoned with garlic, rosemary, thyme, and salt.

I buy potatoes every time 👌

Ghastly likes this.
  9. Cook for me pls kefo

Kefo likes this.
  10. Of course, of course! A 12-course meal of all potatoes, madamoiselle.

Ghastly likes this.
  11. 12?! LOL i’d be amazed if i can even eat one course 🤣

12. I like all ways tbh. But fr tho have you ever tried mashed sweet potatoes? Make it the exact same way you would regular. I just add almond milk and margarine and seasoning salt (tastes better than regular imo). Is my favourite.

Ghastly likes this.
  13. I like roast kumara never tried mash it tho. Ita yum as fries to

Ghastly likes this.
  14. Roasted is one of my favs, I reeealllyyyy wanna try potato pave though

Ghastly likes this.
  15. I don't potato, I radish.

They make the perfect potato substitute.

Try them roasted or pan fried with whatever you'd cook a potato with. You can barely tell the difference, it's crazy.

16. Sir, This is a potato fan thread.

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  17. omg i love sweet potatoes. ive never had mashed tho. one day i will try it.

18. What on earth is potato pave??? ive never heard of it.

19. It's kinda like potato gratin/scallop potatoes but on steroids. I would recommend checking it out.

I've just never gotten around to making it cause it takes a fair amount of prep

Ghastly likes this.
  20. Oh man I love potatoes. I have this recipe book that’s specifically for potatoes. It’s small, cute, and I haven’t really used it but I like the fact that it’s all potato recipes.

As for favorite ways, there’s just so many. There’s this gas station where I used to live that had the best baked potato. It was huge and had different toppings like cheese, sour cream, jalapeños, barbecue sauce, chives, and shredded meat. Mashed potatoes with milk, cheese, butter, and garlic can be amazing. Potatoes make a nice addition to stews or vegetable soups. They’re also good as croquettes. It’s also pretty great for breakfast when diced and cooked with egg, chorizo, or both. I could probably eat hash browns for the rest of my life too lol Truly the Versatile Queen

Kefo and Ghastly like this.