"Expired" Timer Boxes

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by AzureDragoon, Dec 17, 2020.

1. I think that hunt specific timer boxes not involved with the current hunt should be free to open immediately.

For example, since the Parisian hunt is done, leftover Parisian timer boxes would have a 0 EC cost to advance 8 hours.

Sure, I could use some of the free acceleration items to get them done instead. But there is little point since I'm not guaranteed anything other than hunt drops that won't count for anything else. Getting furniture or an avatar is already unlikely. At best, you get a missing piece of furniture or you have it to trade/break down. Or you get an avatar which can't be traded at all.

Again, this only happens for expired hunt timer boxes, not monthly or puzzle boxes.

RAVING, j0rdan, Psycxdxlic and 2 others like this.
  2. They still count towards the hourly collectathon extracurricular, so opening them isn’t useless. I opened past like 5 hunts or so and they all counted. And you can still win avis and furnis and such...Not sure why you insist on them being free. I’m sure you haven’t opened all of your timer boxes for speed ups to do so for “free”. Opening /those/ speeds ups are free, you just need to take time to do it. In turn, you can then use those speedups to open the past timer boxes towards the collectathon to earn those extra rewards~ Even if the RNG to win a 499/999/avi is low, the chance is still there nonetheless.

That is what I do :)

3. Nahh i use the old ones to fill in time while i get more current hunt ones. The wait time is fine. Why people now days keep expecting everything for free

Frieren, Carrie, Ellyse and 6 others like this.
  4. I actually like to open the rest of them when hunt changes and then open the hunt timer ones through out the hunt

WhoTfIsWesday and Muschi like this.
  5. no support, i use those boxes as fillers between hunt changes.

WhoTfIsWesday, Carrie, Ellyse and 4 others like this.
  6. timer boxes are free to open tho? i mean, theres no reason to rush opening timer boxes.

7. It's for timer boxes that are not for the current hunt. Time is money and money is extra credits in PIMD.

So both of you are saying that you only ever have 1 or 2 extra timer boxes at the end of each hunt? Never 3 or 4?

8. if i have more than 2 i use still use them in between hunts. you dont always have to open them all at once.

9. [​IMG]
    I open current hunt timer boxes until I reach 16,000 drops (you can adjust this goal to an obtainable one for you). Then I open my all remaining ones from previous hunt and go back to opening current hunt boxes. This method has worked for me for the entire existence of timer boxes, and I have participated in every hunt since their release. I have never had timer boxes leftover from more than one previous hunt.

Frieren, BDO, BlissfulBubbles and 3 others like this.
  10. Looks weird seeing that. I keep 1 box from every hunt. 1 thing i do wish tho is ata remove starter furni boxes from dropping from partys for people once you pass the upgrade furniture quests coz they annoying

11. I actually like them. I'm using the lite puzzle boxes to do the "open 12 timer boxes" tasks for the recent story pass since they only take 3 hours to open. They're useful in that regard.

Frieren and LeeJarrett like this.
  12. Oooo i guess thats good then

Muschi likes this.
  13. They are worth the wait

Muschi likes this.
  14. I do exactly what HaBaek and Muschi do. The thing that actually drives me nuts is when the new boxes show up in the middle of all the old boxes. Wish new boxes were always on top.

Hexie, Infamous, RoseMilkTea and 4 others like this.
  15. I think they in alphabetical order

16. It seems pretty random, I have a bunch of timer boxes and the Christmas box isn’t before the Ski box or thanksgiving box as an example

17. So both of you are saying that you only ever have 1 or 2 extra timer boxes at the end of each hunt? Never 3 or 4?[/QUOTE]
    I took it upon myself to clear out all the boxes (which was A LOT due to flashing and cc clubs) and then began the habit of clearing out the old before the new hunt. But also, I have over 2k of timer speed up bags (didn’t open any to clear out tho, I just had so many speed ups) so if I wanted to, I can open them and speed up the boxes to stay clear if I no longer keep up with the process.

18. I'm glad no one can see how many timer boxes I have left. Everyone seems to clear them out frequently and I just forget about them.

19. I don’t know about an instant timer box opening when the event is over. But a reduced opening price seems fair for expired boxes.
    Tru votes maybe baby

20. 237 isnt is bad. Ive seen ALOT worse