Your in-game name

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TheSagittarian, Nov 14, 2020.

1. It sounds cute (despite what it means in English), I'm German, and also I have one myself. 🀣 I had a list of possible IGNs I enjoyed back in the latter half of 2018 and presented them to @Schwanz, and he liked Muschi best and decided to go matchy-matchy IGNs with me by changing his to his current IGN. Since that's the, uh, masculine counterpart for Muschi. ;)

WhoTfIsWesday and RoseMilkTea like this.
  2. It's pronounced "oo-mih-yoo-sih"

3. My head been call you o-me-yoshi

4. Ive been pronouncing it as O-me-o-soo which was what I was talking about.

5. It stands for

Ketamine
    Edging
    Frenching
    Ogling

RoseMilkTea and Muschi like this.
  6. Things you do e'ryday?

7. Most non-European languages are phonetically incorrect when put in the roman alphabet, so that's valid. I knew most ppl would say it wrong when I put it πŸ˜…

8. Umiyusi would be clearer.

O doesn't make a long u sound in any language afaik

9. Not without accents, at least. English needs to use more accents.

10. It does in Cree when romanized. I did not invent the romanization, rando white ppl did

RoseMilkTea likes this.
  11. O fair enough then.

I think u fits that bill more often

12. I like milk tea.....

I think when I first joined I had a one of them super generic names and one day I was craving bubble tea and bam.... 2 or so years later I only changed my name one other time.

Also I fucs with Billy Talent. I'm disappointed in myself that I didn't connect that lol

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  13. It's also possible that when it was created they thought the oo sound (like in umami) was too difficult for English ppl to pronounce so they just changed it. Since a lot of natural English words don't begin with oo. They do similar things to other languages, like the Korean surname often romanized to "Park." It's actually pronounced 'bak' w no r or p present, but the English speaker who romanized it thought that would be too difficult to say so they just completely changed the pronunciation.

Muschi likes this.
  14. I just read the word "Salamisim" in a novel entitled Noli Me Tangere and it means "reminiscence".

Now, I'm planning to cn again, and make my ign close to my real name πŸ’πŸŒš

15. Tis my name but most call me Tasie tbh

16. i’m a big ATLA/LOK fan & i think she’s just an absolute baddie.

17. I’m really sarcastic and don’t like people

18. i like harry potter nd this is the spell to conjure the dark mark because i'm a wannabe goth

also david tennant says the spell in the fourth movie and i'm a ride or die for him so

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  19. Mine isn't that special all I did was take the Latin word for lone wolf which is
    solitarius lupus and I changed it a little bit and it stuck as my ign

20. I was wanting a single word or simple name and BMTH released their song teardrops on the same day πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ good enough for me 😌

Cinnabun likes this.