NEW FEATURE Rate My Room: A Brand New XC!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ATAMarceline, Nov 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You have to place in the top 501-1500 actually!

2. Oh yes that’s true! But I think it still would be nice if there’s a different time especially for those who submitted hours after it started cos even tho their dorm is nice, their chances of getting on leaderboard would still be slim. Time is also a factor to get more votes. I read few comments here and saw that chances of getting copied is possible too especially for those who submitted early. So maybe if there’s an equal amount of visibility then all will just focus on rating the dorm after submission 😊💕

MayaTheHopeful likes this.
  3. Sooo I know you lose your likes if you edit your room after start but does anyone know if you lose your assists also if you edit?

sagnik9 likes this.
  4. Someonw Rate my Dorm 😭😭

5. Been inactive but I came back for this!

I hope to see an update in the future where there’s an option to skip voting for rooms that doesn’t even match the theme or possibly have a button that literally says that [Theme Unmatched] !!!

I’ve seen sooo many rooms in the top leaderboard that doesn’t even come close to matching the theme and probably only got the likes due to good decor (or was paired and judged with a less furnished room) but it defeats the purpose of the theme which in turn lessen the chances for those that actually meets the theme.

I know that if you back out it “basically” skips and renews the room options to Like but the game ends up kicking me out after 5 or so skips, especially when all I get are rooms that doesn’t match the theme.

Also, kudos to ATA for putting a Limit Assist. People with alt army might end up abusing it, like with the many past events (and future events to come) 🌚

6. A lot of people mentioned wanting a skip button, I can see that as an option in the future. I don’t think a “Theme Unmatched” button is needed because how you interpret the theme could be different with other people.
    Also I think the leaderboard dorms have fit the theme for the most part I don’t think “sooo many” of them are completely off base- especially since this is only the second theme.. 👀

Sansa likes this.
  7. 🤔is anyone else having a problem entering the contest? i pre-entered on my main but i’ve gotten no option to enter on here... i wonder if it has to do with the phones my accounts are on since this is on an iphone 7S & my main’s on iphone 11...

8. You probably need to update on your alt phone.

Muschi and Mercedes_Benzo like this.
  9. it'd be real neat if we had like a "learned" library of furni, like if you've had the object before & sold it, it would be put in like a "known furni" list where you can use it for the decor XC, I think that'd be a more fair alternative to "let us choose from all furni to make a dorm so we can fit theme". That way we can continue to recycle/sell extra furni while still being able to participate in multiple themes, I personally hold on to very little furniture as I like to recycle my extras to ug my dorm stats and that seems to leave me at a big disadvantage over selling accounts with HEAPS of furni

TL;DR

give us a "known furni" library for this XC

10. Also can we have a feature that makes it so you can't submit a full dorm set for 1 hunt? like that's not creative... ei. full black friday dorm (cough #1 on lb rn cough), full Stellarama dorm, full Black Magic dorm

make people at least have to mix & match sets to fit the theme a lil bit, useing a full set kinda defeats the purpose of being creative

11. i just wanna say thx cuz if u didn’t post about me updating my app i would’ve just kept assuming it was already updated (since it’s set on automatic update AND the app icon & loading screen changed when my main 1 did) so yeah, even though i felt like i knew the app was updated, it wasn’t & i REALLY appreciate u taking the time to answer my (kinda dumb) question!!! 😂 🤗

MayaTheHopeful, Phobia and Muschi like this.
  12. Anyone else finding you are repeatedly getting the same room 2 or 3 times to like?

13. Thank you

Muschi and Mercedes_Benzo like this.
  14. That’s awesome I’m glad I said something that actually helped lol 😊
    Also no question is a dumb question unless it’s “can avis be tradable” ;^)

Muschi and Sansa like this.
  15. Can someone explain the assist part ?
    I dont Get it
    How do you accept an assist ?

16. You cannot accept/deny an assist. It's just something that someone on your friend's list (that has already submitted an entry) can "like" your dorm. You can only have 5 assists total. :)

17. So its necessary to send those invites in order to get more likes ?

18. Why can't you specifically just vote for a dorm room for your friends.

19. No, those invites are there basically to tell your friends to submit a dorm and join the competition.

Assist and Like are similar and they both count as points. But the difference is that you can only give assists to people on your friends list (open the Assist page) or on the leaderboard, while you can anonymously give a like to people's rooms without seeing whose room it is (open the Like page).

For the assist thing, a person can only get 5 max. So for example, if you have a total of 70 points, 5 of those come from the assists and the rest are from anonymous likes.

Muschi, Maddi_Matsu and Atlas like this.
  20. Actually we can, by using the assist button. But a person can only get 5 total assists, so we can't receive more than that. You have to get anonymous likes to get more points.

Muschi and Atlas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.