Rate My Dorm Ideas

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KittyCatClaire, Nov 8, 2020.

1. With a new feature we all have our opinions and ideas.
    This forum is dedicated for that.
    Share all of your ideas or opinions on this thread so ATA can know what they are.
    If you have any questions about this feature post here, too!
    —————————
    This thread is not for people to get assist! For Ideas or opinions only!

2. My ideas are that their should be a way to skip votes or vote Equally.

xSugar and Alicia like this.
  3. I just responded to you on the other thread, but you can back out of the like screen and then return and it will refresh with new dorms. So it's technically a way to skip.

Cinnabun, Muschi and Day like this.
  4. Devs should focus more on making the game work and have pvp be a balanced experience rather than working on these kinds of features.

5. My idea is only vote for people with starter furniture.

Y'all wanna take from the rich and give to the poor right? Here's your chance to put your money where your mouth is.

Alicia and Muschi like this.
  6. I shared this idea later during the Beta and there’s probably some issues with it but I suggested that they give a few furni options to chose from.

For example there could be 3 choices for each category (bed, desk, lamp, shelves, etc) that fit the theme. Players can either use those options or their own furniture. That way noobs can participate with items other than starter furni and people with a large furni collection can have a bonus rather than a full advantage. In addition it can give new players ideas when they want to create their own in-game dorm and get more familiar with furni and pricing.

One issue I see right away is that it might be too much work for ATA to pick items for each furni slot for each event but it’s just a thought to even it out a bit.

7. ^ definitely sounds like too much work to me 😅

They could pick some example dorms. I noticed many people just flexing their dorms and not following the theme. Some visual indication of the theme, or even an image prompt rather than words could work.

Image prompts are an altogether alternative thing to the word prompt and it might be more inspiring, which is what ur tryna get at, right? Some inspiration

Phobia, Muschi and KittyCatClaire like this.
  8. lol yeah I figured, it’s overzealous for sure.
    Inspiration is part of it but also to help new players out a bit, but then again of course people who’ve been playing and collecting furni for years should get an advantage over people who just joined, I just hope that new players don’t get turned away.

Also In response to what you said about people just flexing their dorm without following the theme, I think removing the rule that you have to enter a dorm to vote would help get rid of those. I’m assuming that people want to vote but have nothing that fits the theme so they submit their dorm so they’re able to participate.

Muschi and Alicia like this.
  9. Oh so I think somebody has said that maybe they had to vote so that people wouldn’t have an unfair advantage of seeing the lb beforehand and then making a design based on what was higher? This doesn’t fully make sense since you could submit a design, see lb, and edit it right away but regardless I had an idea. I’m unsure if it would be a difficult thing to implement and it may not matter as much for people who have alts and could see Lb that way, but what if people had the option of sitting a contest out, like if you only wanted to vote then you just can’t submit a design after that. Like there’s a choice of what you want to be this round “judge or contestant/judge” that way we don’t have as many random dorms. Granted people could still add a dorm with furni of their choosing but this way it might give the option to those who don’t want to participate at all

Phobia and Muschi like this.
  10. I literally go off of the theme. So if you have full dorm not related at all but the other one matches the theme with just mainly starters, I vote you lol

Atlas likes this.
  11. I just wanna know who’s idea was this, and was it really THAT important to add this feature.

Muschi likes this.
  12. What's up Karl?

13. Shhhhh...I'm just proving they won't actually do it. This is probably the only event they could hand the prizes to the noobs, but they won't.

Muschi likes this.
  14. I think is suits the community. It incentivizes investments in furniture a bit more and drags the community into that dress-up game atmosphere which it seemed to be heading into anyway.

The benefits from furni don't translate well to pvp so the widening rift means both communities can have fun. I'm happy if they load that side with micro transactions and remove the money from pvp because furni isn't the meta, is easy, and is not the intended way to play the game (imo).

I see how that is a callous and unethical attitude but incentivizing pvp and fun in that realm is big ups, while disincentivizing interior decorating is also big ups.

I think it's the best thing for interior decorators since furniture was released. There are entire apps based on competing against others in interior decorating/design, and a single XC incorporates those apps with the community base that pimd has. It's a big move.

And they should feature it heavily in their advertising rather than stupid misleading things for girls like 22-packs and babies.

Snowy_Winter and KittyCatClaire like this.
  15. To be fair, they conducted a survey and I'm assuming they did it based off the feedback when they saw how interested many players were in the furniture aspect of the game. And there's the Spotlight XC which is more pvp based. So this is an XC that people who get furni only for the aesthetic can enjoy.

Jude684 and KittyCatClaire like this.
  16. I was just talking to my club. There should be a way to get rewards when you vote that way more people vote over time no one is really going to vote because there is no reason other to raise other people’s points

17. I have stopped voting. Idc

18. A way to improve the exposure of active participants dorms is maybe making it so the more you vote the more likely you’ll end up in another players voting pool? Just an idea to help the algorithm make more sense and to encourage activity throughout the 2 days maybe :^)

19. 1. Remove usernames from the leaderboard to help lower the chances of “I like this person so I’ll ‘like’ their dorm”

2. I doubt ata will read this thread but if they do, like my post here as proof ata will use ideas from users here 🌚👐

Kefo likes this.
  20. You can only receive assists/likes a total of 5 times.

After that it's all strictly anonymous voting. So even if you saw the usernames on the lb, they are usually maxed out on assists anyways