NEW FEATURE Rate My Room: A Brand New XC!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ATAMarceline, Nov 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was on beta i know how It works so yes it will be a flipping popularity contest

2. How can it be a popularity contest if people can only get 5 direct votes and the rest are anonymous?

_Blue_, Cinnabun, Bit and 4 others like this.
  3. So based on this and what I’ve noticed so far I wonder if comparing one room to another is the best way to have done this. I know plenty of other games do it that way and I admit it is kinda fun struggling between what you should pick but like I said, people can want to just vote and they’ll put in whatever pieces or they’ll put a whole dorm that doesn’t have to do with the theme. When I come across these being compared instead of liking one or the other (since neither go with the theme) I’ll just exit. However, I wish that it would have been more like here is one dorm and say no it doesn’t fit the theme or vote a “like” because it does fit it. I doubt this will be changed, I just wanted to state what I’ve noticed seeing as one must provide a dorm design to be able to vote for others

4. I mean I get the concept and it’s makes it more fair that votes are anonymous. Also that any player can only have 5 direct votes also adds to the fairness but... it won’t be long until players with every furniture known to pimd loans furniture to friends so they all have crazy good dorms therefore tying up LB everytime. Meh... cute but not flawless.

Volkor, Muschi and Ballerina like this.
  5. Finally something int'resting. I very much liketh t. Anon ata doth not has't to w'rry about introducing new furni levels on black friday. This xc gets mine own full supp'rt. Loveth t

MayaTheHopeful likes this.
  6. What affects visibility in the “like” page? Is it completely random or is it like- the more active you are in using your likes the more visible you become

Muschi and Stella-Luna like this.
  7. I believe it’s entirely random. The “like” aspect was said to be completely anonymous, so I would imagine that would mean there’s no current way to increase your visibility.

Muschi likes this.
  8. Only loophole is people can place one very unique item in their dorm and let their friends know about it so their friends can identify their friends dorm from that item. And as soon as the xc starts their aren’t many people. So a group of say 50 people can start liking dorms and will be able to find their friends dorm as not many people join as soon as xc starts.

9. I agreed with this initially, but it seems like overall since the XC is fairly popular that it won’t be much of an issue.

A valid concern though as time goes on.

Muschi likes this.
  10. Well that may be a possibility but I don’t think 50 people can affect the votes too much since arguably there are thousands of players on pimd and the xc runs for a couple of days. This type of strategy can only get you so far. To being top 1 dorm? I dont think so.

Muschi likes this.
  11. People can also make 20 alts. Trade the same furni between their alts and submit the same design. If one design gets liked more obviously it’s the same design and all 20 alts will be liked more and thus they can get lite boxes on all alts. This way they can easily upgrade their furni when they have enough recycle parts in their alts. Definitely will help people level their furni a lot. Full support

12. SUGGESTION:

Can the assist section place friends with submissions at the top?

it’s been very hard to give assists to my friends because I have to scroll through hundreds of friends to find them.

13. Oh wait i take it back! There IS a “swipe left” feature yeeey ✨✨✨

So basically just close the voting page then go back to it. It refreshes the 2 dorms you have to vote between

Muschi likes this.
  14. The theme is spring time dorm im seeing a lot that are anything but. Dont forget to rate and assist my dorm ❤

15. Someone explain this thing to me in simple form 🙃 I can't submit my dorm nor can I even vote at all. And it's not just me a lot of people in pub can't vote or enter at all

ThePrinceHades and Young like this.
  16. im having the same trouble. I can’t figure it out. Is there like .. a people cap or something?

17. Can you make it that we don’t have to submit a design in order to start rating?
    I believe there a lot are submitting “whatever” just so they can view or like or assist

18. Goddammit this one hits home. I have a lot of furnis in alt that:
    1. I couldn't bring out to sell
    2. I couldn't find a buyer
    3. I don't know how to price right
    This xc is definitely worth it for us hoarders and collectors alike.

-Nera- and Jude684 like this.
  19. Have u updated your app?

Muschi likes this.
  20. There’s no people cap. Have you tried updating your app?

Muschi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.